Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, today is exactly 8 months since I had my RNY bypass. Sweet that it comes the day before Thanksgiving, I'd say, since this year, more than any before, I've so much to be grateful for in my life.

I began my WL journey 12.5 months ago with my first appointment to my surgeon. I was fortunate that I was able to quickly progress through the required steps and have my surgery quickly.

My HW was in the 280's...my surgical day weight was 272. Blessed with a body that responded well and the determination to make the most of the surgery, I sit, today, squarely at 145. That is 138 pounds from my highest weight--- in 8 Short months.

An ENTIRE person....melted away.

So... This leaves me 5 pounds from my goal and reevaluating a new goal. I lived my entire life-minus the last 10 years- firmly at 128. Is it possible???? I think so! Pregnancies, illnesses, age, certainly play a role in how we carry weight, but with the past year behind me, I now think ANYTHING is possible.

As I set in to the kitchen to begin to prepare the feast that is expected tomorrow for my 30 some guests, I do so with vigor and vitality. And I will come to the task ahead thinking of all the people in my life who have lifted me up, shown me the way, cheered me on and loved me---all the while helping me find the ME who was buried beneath illness and sadness, never imagining a life worth living fully again.

There are people here, who have become friends and important in my life. To each of you-- I say Thank You. You know who you are...your friendship, wisdom, guidance and camaraderie broke through like beacons.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You are right. There is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I still have a ways to go yet, but I stand in sheer amazement at the progress made so far and I am ready to move forward and make my dreams a reality.

Lisa, you are an inspiration, and your progress and success drives me to press on with my own journey.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

You are right. There is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I still have a ways to go yet, but I stand in sheer amazement at the progress made so far and I am ready to move forward and make my dreams a reality.

Lisa, you are an inspiration, and your progress and success drives me to press on with my own journey.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

You too!!! And thank you---your journey has been stellar!!!

You deserve all the good that has come (and will continue to) to you! Your hard work has payed off Lisa! Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me and others! I am a month behind you and have still have about 40 more pounds to go, but I will get there! Happy Thanksgiving!

You deserve all the good that has come (and will continue to) to you! Your hard work has payed off Lisa! Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me and others! I am a month behind you and have still have about 40 more pounds to go, but I will get there! Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you so much. Hard work pays off doesn't it???? Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Beautiful post. You inspire me! Happy Thanksgiving.

post-284996-14800427300033_thumb.jpg post-284996-14800430035296_thumb.jpg

Pics from today..8 months and 1 day...

post-284996-14800427606078_thumb.jpg

Love that dress in the second pic. You look great.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Dress Barn. Have a bunch of cute sweater dresses. Thanks!

Absolutely amazing.

You have become the person you were at 25.....only you now run marathons....and all sorts of miraculous acts of youthful zeal.

Absolutely amazing.

You have came a long way

And thanks for all your support to us as well

Absolutely amazing.

You have become the person you were at 25.....only you now run marathons....and all sorts of miraculous acts of youthful zeal.

Absolutely amazing.

Thank you so much. I try, (I'm not so sure about the 25 --I'd hope to at least keep the wisdom I've accumulated to date...) and find determination from those in my life who care about me.

You have came a long way

And thanks for all your support to us as well

I

t's been a pleasure being on this forum. So many, like you, @@Dub up there, and others continue to inspire, motivate and keep me real.

I've so many tasks, no, adventures!!-- I would like to fulfill.

Today I went golfing with my two boys. It's been ages. Mind you- it was 39 and windy, but fun nonetheless. Wish my daughter could have joined, but she chose studying for finals. Go figure! I was sporting a new set of clubs that treated me right.

I'm interviewing for jobs now in my industry that I could not have fathomed a year ago. What's exciting is that each will have me traveling and working to inspire, motivate and educate 100's of others.

And I continue to make plans to move to North Carolina...hopefully in the next year. I have been and will continue to ready my home for sale this Spring.

I'm looking forward to the holidays coming up, visiting friends in NC in January, and mapping my future --the one I never dared imagine over the last 10 years.

Anybody have surgery or revision of any type at mayo in Az?

You may find more answers if you post that question as a new topic. No one will find it here. Good luck!