Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the pre op room

The walking makes me feel better personally. I feel great. Yea my nurse said I'm a model patient lol she said usually people are not up walking till that night or the next day. I have taken a total of six walks now trying to walk every hour. I haven't slept since I woke up from surgery. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How are you doing genn?! Hope you had a great holiday weekend and are recovering well 6 days post op!

I am doing great I went home the next day went back to work Friday three days post op struggling with getting all my fluids and Protein bc I feel so full all the time go for a follow up Friday. But it went so well for me that it's scary lol I expected sooo sooo worse. No pain pills nothing. I had a great holiday turkey broth for thanksgiving lol just a little bit and was stuffed. Back to cooking cleaning have all my energy and all thanks for checking in!!!

@@genn, look at you being pushy. It paid off. Save room for me on the loser's bench. I wish I knew when my surgery date is going to be. Sheesh! :rolleyes: B)

I am doing great I went home the next day went back to work Friday three days post op struggling with getting all my fluids and Protein bc I feel so full all the time go for a follow up Friday. But it went so well for me that it's scary lol I expected sooo sooo worse. No pain pills nothing. I had a great holiday turkey broth for thanksgiving lol just a little bit and was stuffed. Back to cooking cleaning have all my energy and all thanks for checking in!!!

Genn, what was it like going back to work so soon? I am scheduled for bypass on December 19th and planning on going back to work one week later. I personally think I'll be fine because I think I lean more towards how you did and want to be up right away and doing as much as I can to get back on my feet. Everyone around me seems to think that's way too soon to go back. I work a desk job, mostly, so I think it would be fine but your input would sure be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Honestly a desk job I think I will be fine I run my own daycare so I'm chasing little kids all day ages 5 months to 3 years old Plus I have three kids of my own ages 7,10,13. My morning starts at 5 am and I'm never even go to lay down until 1130. Between cleaning kids homework baths job dinner dishes laundry I expected to be completely wiped out. And I feel great!!! Alittle sore when bending but otherwise no complications no exhaustion. No nausea. I think as long as u have no complications at all u shld be fine I had the bypass done. You will have to keep me updated on how you do. Best of wishes U will do great!!!

Best of luck!