Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most excited for after WLS?

LOL! I love reading these posts. So inspiring.

Fitting back into my cute smaller clothes. Have a closet filled with cute dresses that are about 10lbs away and 2 duffel bags of smaller clothes in the basement.

Not being looked down upon because I'm fat. Walking into a room and turning heads. I too love horses and so want to horseback ride again. I just took a trip to Australia & New Zealand and one of my bucket list items was an ice climb on Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand. Unfortunately I was told I weighed too much and couldn't do it. I ended up just taking a helicopter ride up to the glacier with 10 minutes on the ice. Not what I wanted but I had to settle. I don't want to have to settle anymore. Riding all the rides at an amusement park. I want to learn to scuba dive. I want to see an empty closet (and I have a LOT of clothes). Being able to walk into any store to buy clothes and hopefully buying boots with a regular calf size. Traveling without being squished into the seat and the person looking at me in disgust. There's so many more things I look forward to.

Being able to find scrubs that fit me in the school bookstore instead of buying contraband ones elsewhere and having them altered.

Not worrying that I won't have the physical stamina and inability to squeeze into tight spaces while taking care of patients during clinicals.

Thanks for this thread--it's so inspiring and uplifting!!

I can't wait to buy cute clothes, stitch fix even? To feel healthy and confident, to play wildly with my five year old, to try running, to go camping, biking, and maybe even rock climbing again. I want my life back please. Oh, and maybe I'd go on a date again?

This is a fun and inspiring topic. I miss yoga, sailing, and hiking. My husband, the romantic, just bought me new hiking boots! Heck...I hadn't even thought about the underwear. Maybe I too, will Celebrate by burning all of my granny panties with the Christmas tree ....in the back yard!!!

Sheesh! A lot of horse people here. All of my horses start with keys!

20160624_201935_zpsrxfdvkmo.jpg

Haha, that really struck me as hilarious! I like your shirt. :)

@@Dottygirl I feel you on the clothing stores for bigger girls. I happen to enjoy the clothes at Torrid, but I am so tired of spending so much money on cute clothes....I want to be able to shop at the discount/outlet stores for cute clothes. This year I went with my sister before school started and I had to go to Lane Bryant and Torrid while she went to Loft Outlet and Gap Outlet and I ended up spending almost double what she did for less clothes. =[

I can't wait for the NSV's. I want to be comfortable enough to go to the gym pool and swim again, or even join a masters swim club! I want to go sky diving! I want to be able to clean house, play with my daughter and teach all day without being exhausted all the time or having to take breaks constantly. I'd like to buy clothes that are cute and make me feel like me and not someone else. To be able to look in the mirror and smile because I can see me and not the lbs of shame.

thank you for this post! It is so uplifting and fun to see everyones aspirations.

The energy I'm getting. I can cook dinner every night, and not be exhausted. I can take my dogs on long walks. My plantar fasciitis is so much better. Our house has never been so clean! I used to only have energy for work, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so they got 110% of me. Left nothing for home. That's all changed now!!!!

Sex

Sent from my LG-H830 using the BariatricPal App

Everything everyone said. But most importantly for me. I am looking forward to being able to become pregnant. Not having everyone worry that my pregnancy will be unsafe because I'm so big and being able to show with a cute little baby bump

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Everything everyone said. But most importantly for me. I am looking forward to being able to become pregnant. Not having everyone worry that my pregnancy will be unsafe because I'm so big and being able to show with a cute little baby bump

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Definitely something I'm looking forward to in the future. I was huge with my daughter at my heaviest weight ever. I'd be nice to look cute and pregnant and not a beached Beluga.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App