Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, my original name on here was Anthony74. I was unjustly kicked off this site because I posted a mistake that I made by eating a grilled cheese sandwich too early. Only after I had been called out of my name several times by so called Bariatric vets, that I snapped and used vulgar language to get my point across to these bullies. Shortly after, I was kicked out the site. I just wanna lose weight and swap experiences with others. We all grow from mistakes. If I offended anyone other than those certain bullies that I won't name, I apologize!!! Let's win together!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone, my original name on here was Anthony74. I was unjustly kicked off this site because I posted a mistake that I made by eating a grilled cheese sandwich too early. Only after I had been called out of my name several times by so called Bariatric vets, that I snapped and used vulgar language to get my point across to these bullies. Shortly after, I was kicked out the site. I just wanna lose weight and swap experiences with others. We all grow from mistakes. If I offended anyone other than those certain bullies that I won't name, I apologize!!! Let's win together!

I happy that you are back

MsShortyDee

Everyone on this site is here for a reason, over weight and needing support. What makes everyone different is our right to our own opinion. Were not all going to agree, but i dont condone anyone making nasty remarks because you had a grilled cheese sandwich. This is your journey....whatever you do to make it happen. Your success to losing weight isnt going to be any better because someone gave you their nasty opinion, just let it roll off your shoulders. Hell, i had a slurpee the other day, a small 1 that took me an hr to finish and yes, i posted on here. I havent experienced any bullcrap on here but i know that people want to say what they think that will help you succeed, also on the other hand, ive voiced my opinion on others posts also and theyve taken it the wrong way, and thats the last thing that i want someone to do. I never want to think that something ive said was taken to heart. Like i said, we all have a difference of opinion and maybe people that have gone through this longer than we have may feel strongly because theyve been through all of this before us and want us to succeed. Glad you decided that you wanna come back on here, and good luck with your jouney.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

The haters are going to hate. We can't control others, we can only control ourselves and our behavior. I've experienced negativity on this site and made the decision to take the high ground. It is unfortunate when people make insulting statement. I have integrity, ethics, honesty and the best of intentions for everyone to reach their potential on my side. Treat everyone with respect. Pick through the opinions, and don't take them to heart. The posts are sound bites and don't give the full picture. Best wishes to you.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

I'm sorry that happened. You made a choice and it affected you alone. Why others feel the need to make snide remarks is beyond me. Your choice literally had no effect on them.

Don't apologize to bullies; it gives them power that is not deserved. Every one makes mistakes.

Wow Anthony1974

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You weren't removed for eating grilled cheese. You were removed for name calling. Vets are leaving the site because newbies are so offended when vets call a mistake dangerous. Way to claim personal responsibility.

That's crazy that people consider themselves vets and newbies. That just does not sit well with me. We are all in this journey together. Because you had the surgery before I did does not make you more aware of anything. People need to drop the vet/newbie thing.

Lipsticklady, I would prefer if you would stop commenting to my posts. Just leave me alone. We don't know eachother and I really don't care to see your opinions. Again, I begging you. Please leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's crazy that people consider themselves vets and newbies. That just does not sit well with me. We are all in this journey together. Because you had the surgery before I did does not make you more aware of anything. People need to drop the vet/newbie thing.

I disagree. People who have had successful experience with the surgery, especially once they're out multiple years from their surgery, have a LOT to offer by sharing their experience and advice about what worked and didn't work for them. Everyone's different, so their experience won't be identical to mine or yours, but they know a LOT about what it takes to be successful long term. They also have a lot of indirect experience by virtue of the people they talk to in their in-person support groups, and the people they've talked to online. To say that they don't is very short sighted. There's a reason the term "veteran" exists (outside the military term), to refer to the people who have experience in comparison to those who do not.

I cannot express how much hearing the stories of the vets here and getting advice from them has really helped me in my progress. I think it's utterly disrespectful to say they don't have anything to offer. Every vet who posts here does so in order to try and pay it forward because they probably got a lot of help and support when they were going through it. If you don't like what they have to say, just move along. It is not necessary to attack someone just because they're telling you something you don't want to hear. And when you're hearing the same thing from a dozen people, it might be a sign that you should at least consider what they have to say.

Making a bad food choice is WAY different than eating solid food before you're cleared to after a major abdominal surgery. We have witnessed a wave of people who come to this board and ask if this food or that food is OK while they're still on a liquid diet. This is not the same as "cheating" on a normal diet. I am a nurse, and I know firsthand what can happen when someone after stomach surgery chooses not to follow their physician's diet orders. It can be deadly dangerous. Many of us here worry when someone posts as you did about eating solid food sooner than their surgeon allowed, and other posters treating it as if it's no big deal. We know that for every person posting, there's an untold number who are just reading and absorbing. Some of them apparently have been given REALLY poor post-op instructions from their docs. We feel a responsibility to make sure people know that it's NOT a good idea to go outside your doctor's orders until you have been released to a full diet. It's not about judgment of the choice, it's about making sure you and others know that the choice can be physically dangerous.

Lipsticklady, I would prefer if you would stop commenting to my posts. Just leave me alone. We don't know eachother and I really don't care to see your opinions. Again, I begging you. Please leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest you block her then. The instructions on how to do so are in the footer of her posts.