Anyone with food allergies? Immune issues? Generally cursed? (LOL)

15 posts in this topic

All I can say is you guys are awesome. People who can use humor to lift their spirits up when we have one problem after another are the bravest, most fun people! Keep it going guys. I laughed my butt off, (ok surgery helped) when I read these posts.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for the humor. It gives me hope. I'm pre op and just got results from endoscopy...I may have gluten sensitivity. My reaction: but I love gluten! Is there gluten anonymous?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Gluten's a hard one to give up - I have a niece that's celiac and hang with the special needs mom crowd - loads of special diets.

Consider digestive enzymes? Post-op I had massive problems with dairy and fat my sister/accupuncturist said it was gall bladder. More like yelled, "Gall bladder!" into the phone.

You can also just eliminate wheat - there's really no reason to be eating it as a new post-op. I did recently add some low carb tortillas in occasionally which do have wheat. But most keto recipes don't use grains; neither does paleo. And I've recently started looking at Thin Healthy Mama baking blend as a no wheat way to work a little Fiber in.

And seriously consider the actual test for celiac. Avoiding gluten contaminated food is a whole other level. Maybe two. We have yet to explain to my MIL that "gravy" does in fact contain flour (and therefore gluten) and doesn't spring fully formed from the tail end of a turkey..

As for me, I'm preparing for a hysterectomy next week - apparently I have a few giant troublemaker fibroids jacking up my uterus. The surgeon referred to it as "ornery". After needed a blood transfusion last month, I decided I agreed. So after I heal up from that, I'm hopefully just down to the PTTD and a few other things.

Good luck to all you toiling on!

Thank you for the humor. It gives me hope. I'm pre op and just got results from endoscopy...I may have gluten sensitivity. My reaction: but I love gluten! Is there gluten anonymous?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Well test results are in. No Celiac. No gluten sensitivity. Had a huge smile on my face when I got that call from doctor.