Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sitting here literally in tears. I am 17 days post op and just went up 2 pounds. I haven't lost weight since the surgery. My surgeon cleared me to regular foods on day 9. I eat three meals a day and weigh them to make sure it's the right weight. Between 2 and 4 ounces. I drink only Water. I get my Protein in and don't eat carbs or fruit. I am so upset. I feel like I did this for nothing. I am so happy for everyone who loses so much their first few weeks but I am now at zero lost for the first 17 days. I get on the scale this morning and I'm up two pounds. I feel so defeated. If anyone has a story similar who went on to lose weight please share with me. I might add I'm 295lbs so I'm not starting low. Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by geraldine1206

Could you show us what a day looks like on your food plan? Maybe we can help you better to see what you eat in a day. How many ounces of Water do you get in a day? How many grams of Protein? I was cleared to advance to soft foods on day 10 and from what I remember I didn't start loosing a lot of weight until I reached my Water and Protein goals and was exercising daily.

Ok my first meal is usually a scrambled egg and a sausage link. lunch is 2 ounces of tuna with lofat mayo and an ounce of low fat cheese. My dinner is some sort of Protein like salmon or lean ground beef. If my Protein isn't close I'll have a Protein shake with fat free fairlife milk or a 40 gram of protein Isopure. I drink 64 ounces of Water. I walk during the day. He didn't clear me for exercise until next week.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My first 14 days I lost nothing! And I don't know when the weight loss actually started because I refused to weigh myself at home during the first month and only did weighings at my post op appts with the surgeon. At my 1 month post op I was 22lbs down. Now 5 months later - I'm 78.5lbs down. Do not focus so much on weight loss in the first month - focus on healing. If you stick with the plan, the weight will come off but for some of us, our bodies fight it initially - or at least are reeling from the major surgery we just did.

Im in my 10th day and Im in full liquids, I have to wait until 5th week to start soft food..

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

Make sure you are getting in the good fats. So use mayo with olive oil. Make sure you are also getting your Fiber. So remember you need 3 things for weightloss: Protein, fats, and Fiber.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Please do yourself a huge favor and don't beat yourself up over it, you just put your body through something major. 2nd, look up in the forums about stalling, there is so much information here about stalling which is what brought me here in the first place! Huge huge help to read about it!!

Sent from my LG-H740 using the BariatricPal App

You will lose weight. Just be patient. I stalled for a long time a week after surgery and was really stressed out but like everyone says, every body is different and reacts differently to surgery so stick to the plan, don't stress, and let you body do its thing. You will lose. We're all rooting for you!