Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3+ Year "Vet" Willing to Help!

I've been on BP for almost 4 years now and just stumbled across this board...lol. I had the sleeve in Sept of 2013 and have lost 125 pounds and maintained the loss for 3 years now. It's been a life-changing and affirming journey and I love talking to other people about it and helping them with their journey.

I'm willing to "mentor" anyone new to the sleeve or considering the sleeve. Just reply or send me a message.

Also, I started a blog right before my 1st pre-op appointment, almost 4 years ago. I documented the entire journey with my pre-op struggles & process, monthly progress pictures, the good the bad and the ugly, my Tummy Tuck & skin removal surgery, etc. Feel free to check it out to see if you think my journey might be able to help you. It is linked in my signature.

I've been on BP for almost 4 years now and just stumbled across this board...lol. I had the sleeve in Sept of 2013 and have lost 125 pounds and maintained the loss for 3 years now. It's been a life-changing and affirming journey and I love talking to other people about it and helping them with their journey.

I'm willing to "mentor" anyone new to the sleeve or considering the sleeve. Just reply or send me a message.

Also, I started a blog right before my 1st pre-op appointment, almost 4 years ago. I documented the entire journey with my pre-op struggles & process, monthly progress pictures, the good the bad and the ugly, my Tummy Tuck & skin removal surgery, etc. Feel free to check it out to see if you think my journey might be able to help you. It is linked in my signature.

Congrats on your success. I would appreciate some mentoring. I am one year out and it is getting a little tougher. I have a chronic immune issue that makes exercise a tad difficult to maintain. I have gained 5 pounds, and I still need to lose my final 10 (for me)/20 (for my surgeon).

Going back to the basics, because I got hooked on yogurt pretzels. That's been my biggest sin so far.

K.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for your willingness to reach out and help. And congrats on your success!!!

Hey- I just wanted you to know how much you've already helped me! I've got less than a month until my surgery, and I've mostly been doing okay with the anxiety. But today, for some reason, something switched in me and I felt terrified and was questioning my decision. I felt like I had made a huge mistake, I wasn't up for all the pain and change, and surely some "magic pill" would be invented next year that would make all of this a waste of time and money. I saw your post here, though, and decided to check out your blog. 2 hours and a few crying jags later, I have read the whole thing! I really appreciate the time you put into writing it, and for sharing all those pictures. I'm starting to feel like maybe I can do this after all. Thank you so much!

Would love to chat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Hello @@livvsmum I would welcome your wisdom as a mentor. I am 3 years post op - surgery Oct 2013. Here are my stats:

SW: 246

CW: 194 (gained in the past 2 months)

LW: 186

GW 140

I have been on a "stall" aka eating the wrong foods since 9 months after surgery. I have maintained a 60 pounds loss until about 2 months ago when I started gaining. I don't know what to do. I have tried pills, exercise and can't seem to get the scale to move. I would welcome your input. I know I haven't stretched my sleeve. If you could help me with meal planning or anything I would be so appreciative.

Terrified!

I am a year and a few months out of surgery. At first I did great and things were going well. Now, I do need to tell you I am in a wheelchair and extremely limited on walking at all. I have no cartilage in either knee. I have worn the bone in my knee so the top section is worn down into a groove where the top section rubs it. Doctors diagnosis. Anyway, I was doing ok shall we say until about 3 months ago. I started cheating. Then I hit it hard and things were fine but it seems as soon as I eat one wrong thing my determination goes out the window and I become even more depressed & cheat even more hating myself the entire time. I had lost 160 lbs. but now have gained 30 back and I am so depressed about it I cry. It's constantly on my mind, dieting, it has overcome my life and all of my thoughts. I also worry I have stretched my sleeve or broken it. I can eat way more than I could in the beginning. I know I have done this myself, and I have only myself to blame. I just cannot stay motivated and quit thinking about it 24/7. The losing weight has consumed my mind. I really have no fun because it is always on my mind, constantly.

Want to exercise but lack of motion makes it difficult. I loved to walk when I was younger but now unable.

I really am not totally crazy, just overwhelmed I think. And just scared, Hoping you wouldn't mind helping me.

Hi would love to read you blog where can I find it please?xx

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I would love some advice! I don't have a date set yet but I'm trying to get my weight down myself as much as I can. I'm just getting really bummed out because I can't do it. So I'm worried that even once I have the surgery it will still be hard to lose and stay on track.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ya know I sent you a message for some help and you never bothered to answer.

Hi @livvsmum,

I was just sleeved on 1/3/17 and I'm excited and terrified. I have been reading your blog and I can't say how happy I am for you and for myself, knowing that you got there so there's hope for me! If you have time to mentor people, I'd be honored if you considered me as I relate to so much of what I've read on your blog.