Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are revisions REALLY necessary?

There aren't that many people that long out here on the boards (5 years or more). People simply move on. Most of the so-called "vets" that write here seem to be 1-3 years out with a few exceptions.

Some of us vets are still around ... banded 12/06. Lost 100 lbs. kept almost all of it off... ( sometimes I get down to lowest weight... about once a year)but truly have to try and comply. I seem to have a comfortable set point at size 12... that is fine with me.

Dr said I am fit and well fed!! Ha

Yep I was banded in 2005. Revised this year

Revisions are only necessary if the surgery fails, which does happen with the lap band but how can removing most or all of your stomach "fail"???

Some people like to believe that if they gained back all their weight the surgery "didn't work" for them or it "failed" .Making bad choices caused the weight gain. Why they believe that ANOTHER surgery is the (magical) solution is beyond me. And expecting insurance to pay twice? Please. If the surgery they already had still works (it probably does) the patient needs to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY and do their part.

The thing about this that is craziest is how often people post that there new surgeon is trying to get them approved. This seems to validate the belief that the previous surgery was somehow flawed. Sure the surgeons staff is trying to get as many pt as possible approved. That's how they make their $$$. I think a competent surgeon would have the integrity to say no.

I completely agree, if you had the surgery once why on earth should the insurance company have to pay for it again!! I hate to be blunt but evidently you are not sticking with the program if you don't stay away from bad foods. My family is from Sicily and we eat Pasta and I know my mom worries whenever we don't want to eat it, it was the hardest thing for me to do is to tell her I was dropping pasta from my diet, she says Portion Control is the answer and she's right and portion control is a problem but to get my life back on track I don't want to especially hurt moms feelings a little but I am determined to loose this weight. It is so true about Italian families they all revolve around food. Now she is pushing yogurt on me every second she's trying to feed me. I'm not sure what's harder learning how to eat properly or teaching my mom that I don't need to eat everything she buys me for my diet all in the same week. I hope this gets easier.

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App