Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update: 1 year surgiversary tomorrow

Well, What a year this has been! Life has flown this past year, especially the last few months, but I made it to one year. I couldn't be happier with how the last year has gone. In the last 12 months I have, lost nearly 105 pounds, 5 pants sizes almost 6, some hair, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and GERD. I have gained confidence, energy, and health. I have finished the Couch to 5K program, run several 5Ks, completed a super sprint triathlon in under an hour, run a 10 mile race in 2 hours and 16 minutes, and traveled to Montana for a "working" vacation including running a saw mill, herding cattle and horses, fighting a wildfire, and running every morning before work!

My life isn't perfect. I am still single, no dates, still working a job I need to get out of, still obese (according to my BMI), but only obese. I have an apron and hanging skin in all the usual places. My hair got noticeably thinner, but its coming back. I still have about 5 more pounds to the overweight BMI category and 35 to my goal and I am still losing slowly. But here's the most important thing of all, I feel better, stronger, healthier than I ever remember feeling in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. This journey has had ups and downs, but there have definitely been more ups than downs.

What are my plans for year two? Well, I have already signed up for three 5ks, a 10k, a 10 mile, and 2 half marathons. I am hoping to do a sprint triathlon as well. I want to get my 5k time down to 30 minutes or less and continue to be active and injury free. I plan to lose those last 35 pounds and do whatever else tickles my fancy! I am working on the different job.

To everyone out there who might be struggling, know that it gets better. To all the vets who have been such great support this past year+, thank you from the bottom of my much healthier heart! To everyone, in the immortal words of Dori, "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." I mean that both in terms of the journey itself and in terms of getting moving however you can. Exercise has been an amazing and valuable part of my journey. I know we can't all run, but we can all move somehow. I promise all those fabulous endocrines are worth the effort!

Enjoy the journey.

pam

Congratulations. . It sounds like it's been an amazing year. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing. You've inspired me :-) Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. It's my Surgiversary too. From 324 to 214. I only wished I was half as active as you have been! Impressive. You are inspiring. Keep it up. post-258729-14795888718297_thumb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk