Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take for you and others to notice a physical change

I am 8 days post op. Every time I look in the mirror I swear my face looks thinner, but it seems so early to see a change. How long before you started noticing a difference? How long before others started making comments? Thanks! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I am 8 days post op. Every time I look in the mirror I swear my face looks thinner, but it seems so early to see a change. How long before you started noticing a difference? How long before others started making comments? Thanks! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

It's been 8 months for me and I am having a hard time noticing. However, everyone around me says it was noticeable after a month.

Not yet but I'm only down 29ish pounds. I feel dumb because I want someone to notice my hard work!

I want back to work Monday, I was out for exactly 3 weeks. two people stopped nd asked me what I was doing to lose weight, I probably saw 100 coworkers so that's not exactly a stamped.

I've had two joint replacements in the past 18 months and peopl got pretty used to fetching and carrying for me and I got to like it a bit too muck so I made a promise to myself that I would stop asking my secretary and office mates to do tasks for me and Monday walked 1.9 miles in six hours and Tuesday I walked 1.4 miles.

It took 4 weeks and 50lb before a friend of mine said "hell, you've got cheek bones "

This will really depend on how much weight a person has to lose. 50lbs loss on a 5'3" tall, 180lbs woman would look like a total body transformation.

50lbs loss on a 6'2" 350lbs man will not produce the same noticeable effect.

You will lose weight from your face first. It's one of the last places we gain substantial weight, and as far as weight loss goes it's last on, first off. So for most people, abdomen, bum and hips will be the trickiest last hold outs of fat, since we tend to gain there first.

I was told before I had the surgery that people could tell. But at 5' 1" every little bit is noticed.

So I returned to work about 4 weeks... no one really noticed. I was fine with that because no one knew I had WLS. I was down about 25lbs I still looked fat in pics. About the time I hit 40lbs people I work closely with started asking are you losing weight? So I said yes-- I've been working hard to eat right and exercise and I guess it's finally paying off! at over 60 lbs lost most people are like wow!!! I don't admit to 66 lbs lost when they ask. I just say oh I've lost close to 50 lbs since about February when I started trying to get serious about my health.

My weight first was noticeable in my face. After my 2 month mark is when people commented about my body changing.

Haven't noticed yet! I've lost 50 pounds in 2 months, but most of my clothes still fit. I see no difference, and no one who doesn't know about the surgery has said anything. So, who knows? I'm 5'10 and carry weight well so that might have something to do with it. 310 down to 260.

After 2-3 months, my clothes were loose and my face was no longer bloated, but shapely.

I also could fit into my regular bra, boobs got smaller, thank goodness!

After 6 months, some people who have not seen me for this amount of time, they did not recognise me!

And the ones that did, said: "wow, you lost lot of weight. You look great!"

My feet got smaller too, LOL, I went down 1 size in shoes!

Two weeks out it was noticeable in my face and I was down 11 pounds. At one month I am down 23 pounds and every client says something. (I'm a therapist)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App