Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you guys manage all the sweets?

Hello I had gastric sleeved on Nov 7 and My Dr still has me on liquid diet. He told me to drink plenty fluids and eat sugar free Jell-o, pudding, Popsicle's, Protein shakes and some cream Soup...nothing soft yet not even the noodles. My question is how do you guys manage such diet if you can't stand sweets?? Every time I gotta have something it's a Sweet thing, I can't stand it!!! I don't have a sweet tooth at all and sweets make me nauseated. Any ideas or suggestions could help tons!!! Thanks a Trillion!!

Did he say that you can have Beef or chicken broth? If you can I would suggest BETTER THAN BOUILLON, Then they have this amazing unflavored Protein Powder called GENEPRO. It has 30 grams of Protein in 1 tablespoon. I use it in my coffee all the time. If you try it get a little warm Water in a cup add powder and whisk it up then add it to whatever you are drinking or eating, pudding ETC.

Have you tried unflavored Protein powder in broth? Also when you can add it strained creamed Soup, the unflavored Protein Powder can be mixed into it as well.

Omg this is my same problem! I called my doctor basically losing my mind. I don't understand why everything is a sweet and the broth taste like water! I was sleeved November 8th

I was sleeved on November 8th. I started full liquids on the 11th and will be moving to pureed on the 25. I can have low fat greek yogurt, any cream based Soup strained, chicken broth, vegetable broth, beef broth, watered down oatmeal, cream of wheat, Protein shakes, and any low calorie caffeine free carbonation free drink. I can't tolerate many of the Protein drinks... They are way too sweet. I have added the unflavored Protein powder to oatmeal and cream of wheat but it kind of tastes like baby formula. I have my postop appointment tomorrow, so hopefully my doctor will have some better ideas on how to get my protein in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Homemade chicken broth in the crockpot was a lifesaver to me! Go to Allrecipes.com and search for it. Super easy and it tastes like real food!

Sent from my iPhone

I skipped the pudding and Jell-o. I relied heavily on broth with Protein powder mixed in. I didn't mind the occasional sugar free Popsicle though.

I was also fine with drinking plain Water mixed with unflavored protein powder. A lot of people on here think it's gross, but it worked for me.

I have lost all intersect in sugar sweet food. Even switched to unflavored Protein powder. I do have 4oz of "supper food" juice (15 grams carbs) a cup of ice and a scoop of protein every day

Did he say that you can have Beef or chicken broth? If you can I would suggest BETTER THAN BOUILLON, Then they have this amazing unflavored Protein Powder called GENEPRO. It has 30 grams of Protein in 1 tablespoon. I use it in my coffee all the time. If you try it get a little warm Water in a cup add powder and whisk it up then add it to whatever you are drinking or eating, pudding ETC.

Does the GENEPRO have any sugar like substance at all? I don't like the fake sugar that is used either but I need more protein.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I would actually make chicken noodle Soup and just drink the broth. It had more flavor then chicken stock. When I did have chicken stock, I added garlic salt and pepper to it. I would also cook it with carrots, corn and celery in it, and then stain it. It gave it a different flavor that way. I relied more on yogurt with Protein powder, as I found it to not be as sickly sweet as the Meal Replacement shakes, puddings, hot chocolate.