Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And then, this happened...

I feel VERY comfortable in my own skin... Even the parts that need to be tucked lol.

I am back to having the confidence in myself I thought was forever lost.

As for the last few pounds? If they don't ever come off, that's ok, too.

8 months ago I could not walk without aid.

Anything better than that was a win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That feeling you have is the most important thing of all... To hell with what other say or think. Your the only person living in your body.... You are living for you and your family... No one else.

So when people started to say.... OMG your so thin... I'd look at them and smile the biggest cheesiest smile and say.... OMG.. You really think im thin, Yeah me (while clapping hands)..... thanks... and walk away.

You keep up the great work.... you look fabulous

Last night I was at a "girls night out" with about 11 friends. We say we're playing a dice game, but really, it's an excuse to get out together once a month, let loose and have some cocktails.

I had not seen a few in a month or two, and was "praised" for my weight loss.

Oddly enough, at the end of the night, three of them came to me and said "don't lose any more".

I stopped dead in my tracks.

I'm still about 10-12 lbs from goal. A HEALTHY goal. The weight I was 10 years ago. The only time I was ever "underweight" I was 24 and took losing a few pounds too far.

I was kind of flabbergasted, speechless. (Believe me- words not falling off my lips doesn't happen often.) I "recovered" and jokingly pointed out the couple of spots that still needed to diminish.

Has this ever happened to any of you? How did you respond?

LMFAO. A really good friend of mine said, "Some people liked you more when you were fat. They needed someone to be better than, to look down on and when you stopped being that person, their world went into a tailspin."

What just happened is that you're now a threat and those young ladies can't deal. It's not like you can control how much you lose anyway. If your body is not done losing, it won't stop just because you want it to. Or THEY want it to.

Chile, they can [insert crass suggestion here]. Get out my face with telling me what to do with my body because I make you uncomfortable.

Everyone at work thinks o am losing weight with the help of a dietitian and a trainer. I lost 40 pounds in six months but for the last two months, everyone has been constantly telling me not to lose more. It is so tiring to explain to them that I need to lose more and then gain some back as I readjust my diet but they don't understand so I just nod and say okay. I will try not to lose more.

Being asked to gain a few pounds is definitely on my bucket list. Don't want to be unhealthy but dream about being asked to gain a couple! Was 120 pounds in high school. After kids just kept on going! Never want to be that unhealthy again!

Lisa, I have lost the same 100 pound 7 times and just about every time someone tells me that they think I look great and should stop. Usually I am right around 200 pounds (size 12), so hardly "skinny"!

More often than not it's the friend who weighs slightly less that I do. It's an interesting social phenomena. Wonder if it's been studied?

I think I must look in proportion or something, because I've never gotten those comments, lol. I think 10-15 pounds I probably would.

I've told this story before, but when my husband was lamenting to his surgeon about people telling him he looked too thin, too skinny, blah blah blah, his surgeon said "There are so many obese and overweight people these days, they don't even know what a normal, healthy weight looks like anymore".

Made sense to me.

The surgeon is so right about that.

I love to watch movies from the 60s and 70s, and it's incredible how slender average people were compared to today.

Even Elvis in his fat-Elvis period looks like the average man today.

I've been at goal for about 20 months or so and within 3-4 pounds for almost exactly 2 years. Initially plenty of people had opinions about how I was too skinny and periodically someone will say something now, although for the most part people tend to forget that I was fat for awhile and new people have only ever known me as being a very healthy size. At 130 I'm normal sized and if anything I could probably stand to lose about 10 pounds, but then none of my clothing will fit and I'll have to be less of a pig and exercise, so that's not happening. I also think that before I had plastics when I was saggier, I looked more unhealthy because even though I weighed a little more, you could clearly tell that I had lost weight and that I looked sort of sunken. After all of the skin was gone, I just look like a regular person, so there is less the perception that I shouldn't weigh what I do because there is nothing tricking the eye into believing I don't have enough fat for all of my skin.

Also, people are nosy. It annoys the complete crap out of me when someone feels it is acceptable to comment on my weight and unless I am sincerely too thin, which is about 20-30 pounds from where I am, they need to mind their business. When you've lost a lot of weight it's easy to believe people when they say you need to stop losing weight when you aren't yet at goal, but ultimately my goal was exactly in the middle of the health weight range for my height and now, years later, no one seems to think that I'm too thin and I weigh exactly what I did then.

The only person who has to like what you look like is you and if you are still 10 pounds from goal and that goal is healthy, then it's your call if you continue to lose weight and they need to mind their own business.

I'd listen if a medical professional, especially more than one, told me I was too thing. As for anyone else, pfffft.

My surgeon is reluctant to set any kind of goal weight for patients. I told him at my one-year appointment that I didn't feel overweight anymore, but my BMI was still 28. He said that's the average BMI for Americans now, so I guess I wasn't overweight anymore for an American.

He told me and I've heard here that many people bounce back up a small amount after two years or so. I'd feel good if that bound up was to where I am now, so I'd like to lose some more for that reason. If people start telling me I'm too skinny, I'll just laugh and remind myself they don't know what "normal" looks like anymore.

Yikes! darn if you do, darn if you don't :huh:

My mom tells me all the time :) Don't let it worry you. Friends and family just want to make sure we're OK.

Heather

I also get that I'm too skinny and that I am over doing it. My highest weight was 295 and my CW is 170. How is that too skinny [emoji848].