Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling all December 2016 sleevers!

Hello everyone. I will be sleeved on 12/21/2016. I have mixed feelings and can't sleep. I have so many thoughts running through my mind. I'm sleepy but can't stop thinking about this surgery.

1. Am I going to be in pain?

2. Well I get blood clots?

3. What do I take on the day of surgery?

4.My mouth is already dry from these 2 Protein shakes and chicken and veggies I have been eating. Will I have dry mouth after the surgery?

I mean so many crazy thoughts. Can someone please put my mind at ease. Please tell my what to expect, bring and how to have a smooth safe recovery

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@opie7799-- So happy to have you here!!! My surgery is the 27th...so with that said how are you doing? I am still in the panic zone of what the hell am I doing/I can't wait I am so excited!!! So please let me know how you are doing --I do hope you are doing great!!!

Edited by Little LuLu

Hello everyone. I will be sleeved on 12/21/2016. I have mixed feelings and can't sleep. I have so many thoughts running through my mind. I'm sleepy but can't stop thinking about this surgery.

1. Am I going to be in pain?

2. Well I get blood clots?

3. What do I take on the day of surgery?

4.My mouth is already dry from these 2 Protein shakes and chicken and veggies I have been eating. Will I have dry mouth after the surgery?

I mean so many crazy thoughts. Can someone please put my mind at ease. Please tell my what to expect, bring and how to have a smooth safe recovery

1. There will be pain, but not as bad as what you think. And Even if you are, chances are good you won't remember it. Apparently I complained about chest pains so much in recovery that they did an EKG on me (which was fine, thank God!!) but I barely remember any of that. The first day was the easiest actually because I had a pain pump and was still groggy from the anesthesia. The second day was a bit worse since I didn't have my pain pump and the anesthesia had worn off. It still was bearable. Today is my third day, I'm a bit nauseous and my chest is hurting. Not sure if it's from the gas or a hiatal hernia repair. It sucks, but again, is bearable. One of the hardest things is getting your Water and Protein in.

2. No one knows if you will get one. This was a huge worry of mine as well. They should give you some white stockings (super tight knee socks) which help prevent them and they also hooked mine up to a machine that massages them to keep the blood flowing. But the main thing is to get up and walk at least every 4 hours.this helps get rid of the gas and prevent blood clots.

3. What do you mean? Like a bag to pack or your medicine or?

4. Unfortunately, your mouth will be extremely dry. My lips were sticking to my teeth lol. But, they gave me swab sticks with something on it that moistens them. As soon as you pass your leak test, you can get ice chips! :)

If you want your phone or tablet, bring Those along with the chargers. You can also bring a book, night gowns, GAS X STRIPS!! (Although wait until after your leak test to take these) and maybe some house shoes or chopstick. I found that I over packed a bit. I took sock and panties and didn't need any of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey.

Does anyone know if I can take tessalon perles for my persistent cough before Tuesday's surgery?

Thanks for all the information. My eyes mind body and soul has enough of me. They all took it upon themselves and went to sleep. I'm up now and getting ready for work.

I'm still trying to prepare. I did mean what do I take in my bag. I'm going home the same day.

I have so many more questions please bare with me. I am one of those people that like to prepare for the worst. So I like to have as many things to comfort myself when I'm out of my comfort zone.

What brand Vitamins and Calcium are best and least expensive and do they have the needed recommendation? I have not gotten any of them. I don't have my stage one liquids the only thing I have is Water and premier Protein shakes.

Also is anyone in metro Atlanta who need an exercise partner?

Hello Everyone,

My surgery is Monday morning, December 19, 2016. I am excited about this new phase of my life journey. I am ready to enjoy the rest of my life in a healthy & happy way. I am tired of carrying all of this excess weight (physically & emotionally) and looking forward to ALL things new. I welcome any suggestions that anyone cares to share.

I am currently on my 48 hour Clear Liquids before my procedure. so far it's good. I was able to get the Isopure Protein Water from the GNC and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. some of the flavors are actually tasty: Green one, I think it is apple melon & the Coconut. I haven't tried them all yet, I did try the black tea and in ONE WORD - Yuck is how I describe it! LOL!!!

I am lactose intolerant so I am not doing the whey Protein, but I did find two good ones the Vegan Pea Protein and the Hemp Protein. They both taste okay, I made smoothies the other day and used them just to see what I was going to be experiencing, and they were not bad, a little chalky, but I added some fresh mango, blue berry and spinach to it and it was fine.

I will be packing my bag today for the hospital stay, are there any items other than basic: PJs and toiletries that I should pack?

Any tips that anyone can recommend?

I am happy to be a part of this forum December 2016 Sleevers, and hope to learn a lot, as well as impart a lot. I hope the best success to all 12 2016 sleevers!

HAPPY SLEEVING!!!

post-308387-0-91861700-1481975919_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much 504chic for the reply & the support. this seems like a great group. i hope its okay to post questions here? even though I haven't received an invite.

Thanks for all the information. My eyes mind body and soul has enough of me. They all took it upon themselves and went to sleep. I'm up now and getting ready for work.

I'm still trying to prepare. I did mean what do I take in my bag. I'm going home the same day.

I have so many more questions please bare with me. I am one of those people that like to prepare for the worst. So I like to have as many things to comfort myself when I'm out of my comfort zone.

What brand Vitamins and Calcium are best and least expensive and do they have the needed recommendation? I have not gotten any of them. I don't have my stage one liquids the only thing I have is Water and premier Protein shakes.

Also is anyone in metro Atlanta who need an exercise partner?

I just took the basics. Phone, charger, pajamas, socks and underwear (which I didn't end up using either) they gave me socks there and wearing underwear can be difficult after because of the incisions. But since you're going home the same day, I would just take your phone, charger, gas x strips, pajamas (I chose big baggy night gowns( a cpap if you use one, and anything else you think you'll need

As far as the Vitamins go, I'm honestly not sure. I don't start mine until week two and my mom bought them all for me. Ask your surgeon exactly which vitamins and doses you need and they should tell you :) for my stage one, I'm doing Water, premier Protein Shakes and chicken broth. Good luck !!!

@@MsShortyDee How did you feel with the blood clot.

I have been in pain since the beginning of the second week. I was fine the first 5 days. But have been suffering since. I had a catscan today but the doctor was not in to review. My surgery was Dec 1st.

Everything else is fine... HW:269, SW:263, CW:246!

Top left today. Too right Day of surgery bottom left nov. 19. And the other Octoberattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1481926897.249719.jpg

Starting weight 257

Surgery weight 236

Current weight 221

I was sitting in the doctor's office again. I have a blood clot between where the vessel between the intestines and the liver. He put me on a blood thinner last night. He wanted to see me today.

MsShortyDee

It was part of my pain. It hurt to burp move sneeze. My doctor put me on a blood thinner a couple of days ago. It gets better everyday. It's also the gas. I had buy a ginger ale to get some of the gas out. My nut said it was ok. All I took was two sips and I was burping like crazy.

MsShortyDee

This is my second day post-op. Thanks for all the kind msgs and positivity .

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I thought carbonated beverages were a no-no including ginger ale. I also see people singing the praises of Gas-X Strips, but my nurse said they are a band-aid for the gas when, in fact, the gas needs to come out not be suppressed. Thoughts?

I made a group called "December 2016 Sleevers!" I would love for everyone who has a surgery date in December to join! lets be a great support system for each other and go on this journey to a better us with great friends. Share our success and failures along the way, cheer each other on, wether you already have support from your family and friends or from nobody at all like I've unfortunately seen from some, lets make sure we definitely have each other to lean on! btw they say you normally gain weight around the holidays, are we crazy?! haha

So I am a little confused, is this the forum you created or is it one actually call "December 2016 Sleevers"? cause I can't find it