Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my first dr visit since getting my band and so far I've lost 21lbs. So proud of myself. ????????????That includes the 2 week pre op diet and the two weeks after surgery. Now on to mushy foods tomorrow. Any suggestions on your favorite mushy foods??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Rusti Jacobs

tuna salad, deviled eggs, cottage cheese with mushy fruit, like canned peaches, refried Beans with melted cheese, yogurt, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal or cream of wheat, mashes potatoes, potted meat, applesauce, cream of chicken Soups, cream of mushroom Soup, banana baby food, sugar free pudding. Hope that helps ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

Hi Rusti! I was banded on Oct 31st and have also lost 21 lbs (including pre op diet)! I don't get to do pureed food until my third week which is coming up next Monday and I can't wait! I have not been seeing a lot of new banders so I was glad to see your post.

My puréed food starts today but so far I haven't tried it out yet. Its good to have someone that's on here and in the same spot as I am!

I agree with the other posters. Enjoy your mushy food! It sure tastes good after liquids.< /p>

Enjoy the honeymoon....everyone loses weight post surgery, simply because of the restricted diet.

Eventually, you will be eating normal foods again

I lost weight post op, had my first fill 5 weeks after surgery ...then proceeded to gain weight.

When I showed up for my 2nd fil, 9 weeks after surgery, I had gained back EVERYTHING I lost pre and post op.

It was not until after my 3rd (and final) fil did I start to shed the lbs. - consistently.

Hang in there, you are in for some hard learned lessons.

But know this, IT DOES WORK!

I can tell you first hand, I am Living proof of that. As are many others here.

@ & @@weneebug Welcome to your new "banded" life.... 7 years has passed for me and life with the band is great.... I started at 230 and i now weight 130...

I was fortunate in that i didn't gain a pound back.... till year 4ish i think... it was a ruff year and i put on 20lbs. but i got my a$$ back in gear and lost that 20 plus 15ish more... I want to say in July of 2014 i was at 160ish... after i had gotten to 140ish.... i couldn't fit my fav jeans and i said.... ohhhh hell no. I didn't work as hard as i did to lose it just to gain it back... I was not going to be one of "those people" that gain it back.

I'm so happy that there are new band members here.... you know this site use to be for only bandsters.... it was called Lapbantalk... then Alex merged the other WLS ....

Good luck and stay strong....

Bayou.... Aka chris

This site has been very helpful and encouraging to read. I'm excited for this lapband journey and can't wait to post my progress as it happens. I go in the 28th for my first fill. Very anxious and excited to see how I feel afterwards.

• @Rusti Jacobs...my doctor doesn't do a fill until 6 weeks after surgery so I don't get mine until Dec 13th. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

@weneebug @Rusti Jacobs I was trying to remember when was the first fill after surgery... I want to say some where aroung 4-6 weeks.

Things to remember to ask: What kind and size band? Did you put any fill in at time of placement? Ask for your Band card.... Mine says .... My Lap-Band Journey Patient ID Card.. Lap-Band AP System... and the back says all your information... Your band's ID#, your name, date of surgery, dr , his #, band size and the max fill... This will also help at some restaurants. If you show them your card they will sometimes give you a discount or allow you to eat off the kids menu. I normally ask the manager upfront if he will allow me to eat off the kids menu... show my card and 99% of the time they will at no extra charge.

The reason you want to know size and how much is in... is so you can keep track of what you have in your band. Also, my dr took front and side pic at each visit... ask for a copy or if they don't mind taking one with your camera/phone for your records.

I became obsessed with my scale.... i weigh myself nearly everyday... Still do. Just remember somedays will be good and some wont. What's important is to remember what you ate the day before and either write it down or make a mental note to be mindful of what you ate and try to avoid again. But, on my month... for me it was the 10th i would step on the scale and take a pic of the weight and kept for my records.

Take pictures of yourself... you will not see the difference... but everyone else will. I wish i had taken a pic each month in the same outfit... something fitted... like bra and panties or yoga pants and a tight shirt... just to see your progress. I had a friend that kept and stuck to the wall the pants size tape... You know the ones on the pants or jeans that says the size... rip them off and stick to your closet wall... to see your progress. Keep the largest size and use as a tool to compare your new sizes... I did do this. it was amazing to see a size 18 next to a size 6. Now im a size 4-6 http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/image/91454-from-an-18-to-an-6-2/

Set attainable goals... 5-10lbs a month. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but trust that it is... 5lbs for one year is 60lbs, and 120 if you do 10 a month. I lost on average 5 per month the first year... the remaining years were 2ish per month... and this last year i was able to finally lose the remaining 15 that got me to 100lbs lost.

The first few months were hard.... you will be hungry, you prob won't see the scale going down like GB or Sleeve patients... but trust in the process. I promise you will be the better for it. You are in charge of your WL... You say when. It took me 5 fills to get to my green... but when i got there... bliss....

Exercise: This is sooooo important. Some people sit back and think that WLS will do all the work... and for some it does. But i have found the people that exercised, and i mean realllyyyy worked at it... had the best results and have kept it off. I worked out 5 days a week. I went right after work and did my 1-2 hours... i started with zumba classes, then worked up to body pump and combat... then i started with weights.... SOOOO important if you want your skin to hopefully go back. if not you'll prob be left with lots of sagging skin. Not to say you won't have any, but "I" believe it truly makes a difference. I lost 100lbs and the only PS i needed was my stomach. I had had two c-sections, gallbladder, hysterectomy and LB surgeries... no matter how hard i worked the stomach went no where... so i had a TT Feb 2012.

Eating: if you have not already, go out and buy the kids plate, spoon, fork, cup.... you know the cartoon ones with the three sections.... Protein in the largest, veg and starch in the other two. I cut up all my Protein in bites no bigger than the nail on my pinky finger... i ate that first, then the veggies and if i had room the starch. Remember to take a bite put down the fork then... chew chew chew. If you can, never eat in front of the tv, while reading, deep conversations... etc. Try and avoid any distractions.... you will forget and not chew and swallow... and OMG.

NOOOOO drinking while eating... very important.

I hope im not coming across as pushy... these are thing i did and wish i had did.... I hope it help you girls in some way. I wish you both the best of luck...

Bayou.... Chris

Thank you very much for all the helpful info. I don't think you've come across as pushy at all. All of that is very good information we both need.

@bayougirlmrsc Not pushy at all! I appreciate all of the advise and will definitely consider it all. I had my husband take pictures of me the day of my surgery at the hospital. I will hopefully remember to take them monthly. I am already obsessed with the scales. I weigh daily...sometimes more than once. I know I am going to drive myself insane! I have no fill in my band now and can't wait for my first fill to see how much of a difference it makes.

I see we were close in weight and I am also in an 18 but they are very loose on me now. Can't wait to buy new clothes but I know I don't need to go crazy as I hope to keep on loosing.

How many cc's do you have in your band? and how much do you get with each fill? I forgot to ask my doctor how much he puts in on each fill.