Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Op - Are chips and Guacamole allowed?

I ate lots of homemade guacamole (avocado, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro....very well pureed so no chunks) starting in the puréed stage, but chips weren't allowed until 3 months. I actually didn't eat chips until at least a year postop....empty calories, no nutrition.

Thank you! I think I got carried away with a craving and the fact that I'm watching football.

What did u eat ur avocado with?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

A spoon ;). No, really it's totally yummy all on its own. I have used it as a topping on eggs, too. Oh, yeah, and Quest chips (which don't taste great, but work great as a guacamole or salsa transport media)

Edited by Dairymary

I ate lots of homemade guacamole (avocado, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro....very well pureed so no chunks) starting in the puréed stage, but chips weren't allowed until 3 months. I actually didn't eat chips until at least a year postop....empty calories, no nutrition.

Thank you! I think I got carried away with a craving and the fact that I'm watching football.

A spoon

Aww thanks

Put your guacamole on squares of cheese.

I've so confused about the things I can eat. I'm 3 weeks and I can have regular textured Protein now. But struggle with in between meals etc. I have a list but I just feel like it's not detailed. Aside from that Breakfast is very important to me. I see folks eat scrambled egg with a little cheese and turkey bacon but is that too much this early?

If you are confused with the documentation your surgeon provided, it really is best to call the office and get clarification and examples for the stage you are in. Every plan seems to vary either a lot or a little. For example, I don't know what textured Protein means.

A spoon

Aww thanks

See my modified post

I've so confused about the things I can eat. I'm 3 weeks and I can have regular textured Protein now. But struggle with in between meals etc. I have a list but I just feel like it's not detailed. Aside from that Breakfast is very important to me. I see folks eat scrambled egg with a little cheese and turkey bacon but is that too much this early?

If you are confused with the documentation your surgeon provided, it really is best to call the office and get clarification and examples for the stage you are in. Every plan seems to vary either a lot or a little. For example, I don't know what textured Protein means.

Thank you! I can eat chicken, turkey, shrimp just small bites and chewed well. The confusing part is just that it is not too detailed. I find myself asking them all the time if I can have this or the other.

I've been so confused about the things I can eat. I'm 3 weeks out and I can have regular textured Protein now. But struggle with in between meals etc. I have a list but I just feel like it's not detailed. Aside from that Breakfast is very important to me. I see folks eat scrambled egg with a little cheese and turkey bacon but is that too much this early?

If it is on your plan then go with it. The bacon wasn't at 3 weeks. Also, do you like that imitation bacon crap? Regular bacon is a gift from God! I'm at the point where I need to increase my calories so I'm eating either bacon or sausage for breakfast because I found that the calories first thing in the morning gives me more energy.

Not to be rude but why on earth are you asking about chips?!?! How can they possibly fit into your weight loss efforts? They are nothing but carbs and fat! They will provide you no nutritional support and definitely not a good choice that is going to provide you weight loss and a healthy body. This surgery is not a miracle weight loss gimmick it's a tool to be used wisely.

Lol, I was waiting for the one.

U always have to have this one. I promise you to GOD I didn't get fat from eating chips but from over eating chips. I will not deprive myself a snack sometimes as long as my sleeve likes it. Omg. Ppl kill me…… so what she askes about chips. Who are u to judge.. Woww

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Not to be rude but why on earth are you asking about chips?!?! How can they possibly fit into your weight loss efforts? They are nothing but carbs and fat! They will provide you no nutritional support and definitely not a good choice that is going to provide you weight loss and a healthy body. This surgery is not a miracle weight loss gimmick it's a tool to be used wisely.

U always have to have this one. I promise you to GOD I didn't get fat from eating chips but from over eating chips. I will not deprive myself a snack sometimes as long as my sleeve likes it. Omg. Ppl kill me…… so what she askes about chips. Who are u to judge.. Woww

She asked about chips 3 weeks post op when most people are still struggling to fit in all the Protein. No one who wants to succeed should be eating empty carb calories at 3 weeks post surgery.

Seems to me that you're sort of judgmental yourself and after just three posts. Did you consider that the poster was trying to HELP? Most of us are here to be supportive and helpful.

She jst asked a question.. Just say no.. When u have to reply NOT TO B RUDE . that says alot about your reply..

Thats why I'll never ever ask anything on here ..everrr

SUPPORT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN NOT TO BE RUDE JUDGEMENTAL COMMENTS

A better way to say it is. I 3 weeks post op its probably not a good idea for lots of reasons such as empty calories etc. But, further in the future try a few and if u can handle it treat yourself sometimes with a few chips but be careful bc there is not a lot of nutritional value n chips…. Try other alternatives also… but not to be rude spoke for itself

Good to know that there is a politeness monitor on this site...Oh dear...Time to learn how to use the block feature!

She jst asked a question.. Just say no.. When u have to reply NOT TO B RUDE . that says alot about your reply..

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal AppThats why I'll never ever ask anything on here ..everrr

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal AppSUPPORT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN NOT TO BE RUDE JUDGEMENTAL COMMENTS

Actually, my reply was not at all rude. Maybe you need to go READ IT. HOWEVER, Your first one was judgmental and this one, DIRECTED TOWARDS ME, was rude.

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal AppThats why I'll never ever ask anything on here ..everrr

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal AppSUPPORT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN NOT TO BE RUDE JUDGEMENTAL COMMENTS

Actually, my reply was not at all rude. Maybe you need to go READ IT. HOWEVER, Your first one was judgmental and this one, DIRECTED TOWARDS ME, was rude.
Oh hush. Smh. Like she said…. We were waiting for one of those replies. Not to be rude but… smh byee

Because of the comment...

"I was waiting for the one.."

Seriously- I have to think some people come on here to post things JUST to see what reaction they can elicit from people.

Truth is- I had NO intention of telling you not to eat a chip. My diet did not allow- nor did I ever WANT to allow it that early out. And I was right in my initial impression that you were interested in shaking the hive. People who take their surgery seriously will not only try and tell you it is likely a bad idea, they will worry about newbies coming on reading it thinking it is ok... Not a good thing.

But the fact that you laughed and made that comment?...

You were gunning for bear.

And got the chorus to chime in to complain about anyone who "passes judgement" by telling you the truth.

Ugh.