Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

I just did my three month post op appointment yesterday 3/30/17 and I'm down sixty pounds and doing awesome. Still only getting the minimum in as far as my fluids but my Dr said in time I'll be able to get down more so I guess I'm good for now

I am 3 months and one week out. Surgery on 12.28.16. I have my scale bouncing back and forth on the same 3 pounds for at least a week now. This is frustrating because I have made more of an effort to get my Water in. started on 2 Protein drinks per day since 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Was in a size 26 jeans at surgery. Yesterday I bought one pair of size 22s from a resale shop thinking after this stall I could wear them. Possibly next month. Tried them on at home and they fit! That was just the motivation I needed. My portions are still 4 to 5 Oz depending on what I'm eating.

What are some food ideas? and what portions are you eating? 4 Oz? How many calories should I be shooting for?

RnyM

I am currently down 70+ pounds and fitting into clothes I hoarded hoping to one day fit into them again! I am quite giddy!

I also hoarded a bunch of clothes and am enjoying wearing them again. I even had a great pair of adidas track pants that I bought and they were too small -- I was never able to wear them before and now I'm rocking them. Booya!

What are some food ideas? and what portions are you eating? 4 Oz? How many calories should I be shooting for?
RnyM

I make a big pot of beef chili (with 90% lean grass fed beef, pinto Beans, tomatoes, and McCormick seasoning packet) every week and store in 4oz portions with some room left. I eat this chili almost every day with about 3tbsp of Greek yogurt and Sargento reduced fat cheese melted in it. I got the cutest little miniature Dutch oven from home goods and I use that to heat up the chili on the stove.
I mentioned tilapia in another post. I was told to choose salmon instead, but the dryness of salmon makes it less tolerable and desirable to eat for me. I like how soft tilapia is and for now that's what I'll eat. I don't like most things, so if I like it I'm sticking to it for now. I don't enjoy any meat except for the ground beef in the chili. I'm also having genoa salami with provolone cheese Snacks which I found at costco and little cheese cubes with nuts and a few grapes as snack. I just added baked ricotta into the routine as well -- I'd never had it before the other day.

I had Rny 12-28-16. I don't really know my highest weight. Something around 402. I saw a 4 at the front of the number one day at the Dr's office and blocked it out. That was 6years ago. 4 years ago I weighed 386. My 1st Dr appointment with my surgeon I weighed 350. But after 6 month of a supervised diet I was down to 338.that Dr had Me on schedule for October 29th. Then I got a call he stopped doing surgeries. Personal issues. I had all of my pre op work finished. Found a new Dr went in for an appointment and never heard from them again. October November and all of December basically. Dec 21st I got a call I'm approved surgery was 8 days away. I needed to come in for final blood work. By that time I was back up to 354. I had given up. Not hearing from the Dr office. But he told me to go home start my liquid diet and it would be OK. Day of surgery 12-28-16 I weighed 337. Today 4-21-17 I weigh 279. Had a 2 week stall. Met with the nutritionist and she says stay between 700-750 calories. Now my scale is moving again.. Went from a size 28 to a 22 and 5x top to a 3xor 2x depends. Soooo happy I did this.

RnyM

RnyM

Congrats on your success!! Surgery was 12/8 for me. I had a month where I sat within a 5 lb range, right above a major milestone that I wanted to hit. I just stayed patient. Being able to move more is my favorite part. My least favorite is the skin already hanging, but it's not a horrible tradeoff.

Hi guys!! How is everyone doing? I've been a little Hiatus from here I have two kids work full time blah blah blah I know the deal. But just wanted to check in I had my surgery December 27th and I am down about 60 pounds. definitely not the fastest loser however I'll take it because it's helping with my skin not sagging so much, at least that's what I believe. Will try and post an updated side-by-side pick a little later. Curious about everyone's Hair loss so far I haven't really lost any knock on wood, wondering when it started for you guys if any of you are having some hair loss. Like, what month did it start falling out? I'm pretty good about my Protein intake Biotin supplements in addition to my regular Vitamins no idea if it works. Well Happy Spring to all of you hope you're all well have a great day! I dictate my text please excuse any typos.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Alexis! Sounds like you're living my life too! Isn't life crazy sometimes?
Congrats on losing 60(!) pounds! That's amazing! You've worked your tail off!
I'm having the Hair loss problem- I asked my NUT about it as well as my surgeon and they both say that I don't need extra Biotin because we're getting tons of B Vitamins in our supplements- that said though- I've considered taking the biotin- I've bought it already and just need to start it- I just can't get myself to take yet another pill!
My hair loss started around the beginning of month 4 - and is still happening - I'm at 5 1/2 months now- surgery was 12/6/16- and I'm a slow loser too- I've only lost 52 pounds- so frustrating! And that's from my highest weight- since surgery it's only been 38(!) pounds-
Anyway- have a fabulous day! Hope to hear more from you soon :)

Warning! Long post ahead! Sorry guys- but thank you for reading it - your support has been tremendous to me!

Hey everyone- I'm sorry for the double post but as I wrote the last one it stirred up these yucky emotions that I just need to get out- I hope you don't mind--

I had surgery on 12/6/16 and my official weight was 226- (I had started at 240)- since then I've lost only 38 pounds- [emoji37]- I was 188 this morning-

That's 52 pounds overall which I'm thrilled about but I have been in the 180's for about 7 weeks- and before that I was in the 190's for about 2 1/2 months! I just want to scream!

So here's the bigger problem- I'm such an "all or nothing" kind of person so either I'm all in on this program or I'm just going to eat terribly- well when I thought about my weight loss I feel just like I always did before when I failed at yet another diet- it's depressing- I feel like I'm right back where I started- so what did I do back then? I ate crap! And that's what I've started to do over the past month- it's like since this isn't working then why bother? I'm so angry at myself, feel like a failure again, feel guilty, feel like I blew it already-all the old feeling of self-doubt, self-loathing and lack of confidence- all the things that had finally been removed since surgery- it's sickening!

I know I have to stop eating the garbage but it's what I "always have done" when I fail - I just feel like I shouldn't even bother-

I'm really worried because everyone says the weight loss slows drastically at 6 months - which is only 2 weeks away- how can it get slower when I'm not losing now?

Thanks guys for listening- if anyone has any encouragement or tricks of the trade that have worked for you to keep the faith and keep yourself on track - please let me know- I just feel so down about it all- thanks again for your support - you all are so brace to share your stories, successes and failures- it is so appreciated-

Is anyone else feeling like they can eat more than before I have a big fear of stretching my stomach and I have lately been eating bread and etc I'm stilling losing but it's been hard lately to stick with the diet

I feel like I can eat more than I should. I am 5 weeks post VSG and am going from puréed to soft foods. I need to use a scale rather than eyeball & guesstimating my portions. I have a problem snacking at night and not noting a bite here & 2 bites there. I was told today to track my carbs & not go over 40-50 carbs daily. My Fitness Pal is helping me track my food and be accountable.

Warning! Long post ahead! Sorry guys- but thank you for reading it - your support has been tremendous to me!

Hey everyone- I'm sorry for the double post but as I wrote the last one it stirred up these yucky emotions that I just need to get out- I hope you don't mind--

I had surgery on 12/6/16 and my official weight was 226- (I had started at 240)- since then I've lost only 38 pounds- - I was 188 this morning-

That's 52 pounds overall which I'm thrilled about but I have been in the 180's for about 7 weeks- and before that I was in the 190's for about 2 1/2 months! I just want to scream!

So here's the bigger problem- I'm such an "all or nothing" kind of person so either I'm all in on this program or I'm just going to eat terribly- well when I thought about my weight loss I feel just like I always did before when I failed at yet another diet- it's depressing- I feel like I'm right back where I started- so what did I do back then? I ate crap! And that's what I've started to do over the past month- it's like since this isn't working then why bother? I'm so angry at myself, feel like a failure again, feel guilty, feel like I blew it already-all the old feeling of self-doubt, self-loathing and lack of confidence- all the things that had finally been removed since surgery- it's sickening!

I know I have to stop eating the garbage but it's what I "always have done" when I fail - I just feel like I shouldn't even bother-

I'm really worried because everyone says the weight loss slows drastically at 6 months - which is only 2 weeks away- how can it get slower when I'm not losing now?

Thanks guys for listening- if anyone has any encouragement or tricks of the trade that have worked for you to keep the faith and keep yourself on track - please let me know- I just feel so down about it all- thanks again for your support - you all are so brace to share your stories, successes and failures- it is so appreciated-

It slowed for me but I am not worried. I also know I need to be working out and I am NOT.
We have to remember, we didn't gain overnight so losing overnight is not feasible.
We'll get there! Our surgery is am awesome tool and it works so we just have to have a little patience!
Also, Google resetting your pouch.
It's basically starting over for a few days to boost weight loss.
Hope thus helps!

🏵Sleeved Doll Since 12/15/16🏵

The middle is my starting weight, the sides are the current me.

I am down 74 pounds so far!

I am starting my workouts this weekend because I honestly haven't been! I still eat properly so I am still losing but of course I would lose more of I worked out.

So I'm getting up off my butt and doing so!

Wish me luck!

IMG_20170526_002041_633.jpg

I had surgery on 12/6/16 and my official weight was 226- (I had started at 240)- since then I've lost only 38 pounds- [emoji37]- I was 188 this morning-

To help your body reset its set point weight make sure you are exercising daily and cut out wheat.... no bread, crackers... and keep sugar low and you'll lose. Make sure you're getting your 2 Protein Shakes in day. And the longer you can stay off alcohol the better. The weight lose doesn't stall that much it stalls cause people start eating everything if you stick to no wheat and little sugar you'll keep losing.

Hey MsMiamiMami!
Thanks for the encouragement! You look fabulous!! I am so excited for you! You look amazing! And yes- the exercise will definitely help- it has helped me a ton- maybe not in losing tons of pounds but definitely lifting my mood which gives me the positive outlook I need to keep persevering-

I have always hates (!) exercise- it was actually so intimidating and I was so embarrassed for anyone to see me exercising that I avoided it like the plague- but now I've actually started to love it! I look forward to "my time" - I so hope it turns into that for you :)

And Blondie :) thanks for the reset info- I'm going to have to google it- I have to cut out all carbs I suppose- it's really tough- I know we all have this issue- I'm getting my Protein Shakes in and fluids thanks to skim milk ;) and I don't even like alcohol so that isn't a worry-

And thanks for clarifying about the "slowing down" stuff at 6 months- it's nice to know that it's really up to us- and not at the whim of a predetermined slow down-
By the way- how many calories/carbs/protein do most people have recommended in their programs at 6 months? My program just says 60+g of Protein and doesn't measure anything else except fluids- so I'm just wondering-

Anyway- thanks for the replies ladies :) I'm really lucky to have this group- you all are awesome :)