Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

Yes! Those freaking pizza commercials! And I was never a big pizza eater but now I see the commercial and I want a damn bite of pizza! I am so jealous of those who could care less about food after surgery. It is seriously a shock to see how much it bothers me to not be able to eat something. I also think not being allowed to have something is making me want it that much more. I still have 10 days to go before I can start pureed and its going to be a super long 10 days.

@@SassyMedic these look awesome may have to make a trip to the us. Can you tell how much sugar and fat is in the sweet potatoe and butternut squash? They look so yummy. I was told only to get fat free. I found a cream Tomato I was excited about and it had 14 gr sugar :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is the butternut squash post-307826-14822033995516_thumb.jpg

And this is the sweet potato post-307826-14822034252473_thumb.jpg

Now I've read that Tomato juice and Soup may be too acidic. I'm going to ask my nutritionist and surgeon about it. I'm just mourning enjoyment from food. I'm blown away by the realization that food means so much to me psychologically.

Hi! I just had mine on 12/16. :)

Hi everyone! I had Gastric Bypass on December 16th and surgeons said it well. However 36 hours later my heart went into atrial flutters (184 HB) so I was moved to the cardiac post op floors for a few days observations. This was the first time I had ever had any heart issues. I'm home now and will wear a heart monitor for 30 days to see if this was just a random occurrence or an undiagnosed issue.

Been on Clear liquids last 4 days, haven't felt hungry at all but I made myself eat a couple of ounces eat meal.

In the hospital I kept forgetting to sip Water in between meals.....don't forget your water!

Looking forward to walking the journey with my December buddies!

Highest Weight: 300.6

Pre Surgery Weight: 280.2

Post Surgery Week 1: stay tuned

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Now I've read that Tomato juice and Soup may be too acidic. I'm going to ask my nutritionist and surgeon about it. I'm just mourning enjoyment from food. I'm blown away by the realization that food means so much to me psychologically.

Actually, Tomato Soup is the only "full" liquid I was given in the hospital. My other liquids were chicken broth, grape juice, apple juice, and Jello. However, my surgeon puts us on a PPI for life starting immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I tried Greek yogurt for the first time this morning since it is listed on my full liquid list. I was so worried about how it would settle that it took me over an hour to eat it but oh my god it was sooo goood! And I didn't have a single stomach cramp like I do with liquids. Of course now I'm behind on my liquids since I spent over an hour working on my yogurt. I'm glad to be able to add something else that I can eat!

Congrats on the Greek yogurt milestone. ;-) Before surgery I enjoyed the Dannon zero strawberry and I've had one in my fridge calling my name since surgery lol.