Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

December 27

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

How long is your pre op liquids ?? Im looking for a buddy starting liquids on the 19th !!!

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

Mine is on the 19th and only the day before surgery is all Clear Liquids

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Wow u are lucky!!!

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery 12/21 and don't start liquid until 12/19.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I feel like I'm losing my mind on this postop diet. I just want to take a bite out of something. Lord help me. I cannot stand this!!!!!!

Is anyone else having a hard time getting calories and Protein in? I am just not hungry and the thought of having a Protein shake makes me want to cringe.

I am on day 3 post op. No way can I get my protein in or even all my fluids for that matter, but my group preaches to try to stay hydrated then worry about protein. I'm trying to get one Protein Shake down and stay hydrated. I passed out this morning, and all signs point to low BP. Also trying to do some salted broth to help with bp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

@HalleJillah I can TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. Especially cooking for my family and having to smell and serve it but can't even have one bite! I have 2 days left on my liquid post op phase and I can share Two alloweable Soups that have been a lifeline. Frankly I had to trick my brain into thinking I was actually eating something --anything-- rather than just drinking. The first Soup was Amy's Creamy Tomato. Tastes like ravioli sauce. 2nd soup was Smiths/Kroger house brand Cream of chicken. Run it through the strainer to get the chicken bits out, and as you eat the soup you can close your eyes and say it's chicken pot pie without the crust. Hope it helps. I also called my NUT & she confirmed I could have some grits. Extra watery and ok to top with a little shredded cheese! Just being able to actually chew the tiny grit particles was a game changer. Good luck.

I feel the same way dvallas. Im so sick of Protein shakes and almost sick of the Soups now. I'm going through some serious grieving of food right now. Baked goods and pizza seem to be everywhere. I'm realizing how much food has meant to me in my life and I'm feeling lost without it!

Hi babygirl#1 most of us are behind you it seems. My surgery was 12/8 and my puréed diet starts Tuesday. I use 2oz jars that I got from Dollar Tree to put my liquid in and don't do more than that in a 15 min period. Also my nutritionist emphasizes very slow consumption when food is introduced and stop when there is any feeling of fullness and no liquids until 30 min after food was eaten. Your nutritionist should be able to offer more insight too, I'd hope.

Thanks HalleJilyah. I actually have to call my doctor for the 2 week checkup cause when I was discharged I was not given a date for the followup. I have been doing the slow consumption of Water and liquids. I wondering if the doctor took out enough of my stomach????????????

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I sometimes wonder the same cuz I wasn't supposed to be able to swallow pills but no problem and though I've been consuming liquids slow no bad effects so I was asking myself that same question! Not that I want to be sick but I do want to restrict food and liquids

That's a shame that they never arranged your follow up and if the nutritionist isn't readily available to assist with questions. Good luck!