Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much is the gastric sleeve without insurance in the US?... what BMI do you have to be?..

interested in the difference between you guys and us in Australia..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It varies state by state. In Fl the lowest I found is 10,500. Locally in Orlando, 14,200

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was one week into my pre-op diet with surgery set for 11/15. Everything was going great and I was so excited to finally be getting there. Then I got a call Tuesday from my surgeon's office that my insurance denied me and my surgery was cancelled. They will help me start the appeal process but to be in the middle of my pre-op diet and so close to surgery and have it all just stop is heartbreaking.

It happened to me too, I already had started my liquid diet and my surgery was set and then I received a call that my insurance denied it. Yes I was upset but my dr office staff said not to worry about it. With my medical conditions they were appealing it for me. I received a letter from my insurance that my surgery was approved. GOD IS GOOD.Don't loose faith it will get approved if it's medical necessary Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

That royally sucks... wonder why they denied? Obviously surgeon didn't expect it or tgey wouldn't have you I. Pre op.

Dobt give up.. this was your trial run!!!

Appeal like heck...

*Hugs*.

Hope its all sorted out and approved soon.

Kate

@@DahliaIris, I am from NJ as well. Where about are you? How are you feeling now that your surgery is done?

Im from Camden..Im 4 days post op..and I feel pretty good...pain is minimun and no nausea at all..thank God for that..and tomorrow I start my Protein..

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

I was one week into my pre-op diet with surgery set for 11/15. Everything was going great and I was so excited to finally be getting there. Then I got a call Tuesday from my surgeon's office that my insurance denied me and my surgery was cancelled. They will help me start the appeal process but to be in the middle of my pre-op diet and so close to surgery and have it all just stop is heartbreaking.

I know the feeling. I was recently denied as well. So Im waiting to see my doctor and do an appeal.

Why would a surgeons office even schedule surgery without the approval? Or maybe schedule it further out until they know for sure? Just curious if this happens often?

It took me a year to fight through the insurance douchebaggery and actually go under the knife. I even had to switch surgeons because my original surgeon's office staff was so completely incompetent that they screwed up not just my paperwork but dozens of other sets as well. The office manager was even fired and when all of this was explained to my insurance company they said:
"Oh... wow. Ok, look me just need 5 minutes on the phone with the surgeon to verify that."
He refused.

He. f**king. Refused.

So, yeah, I ended up having my surgery 9 months later than I wanted, but I'm incredibly pleased with the surgeon I went with, his staff, and the facility where I had my surgery. Getting denied can be crushing, but stick with it. Stay on the diet, keep doing everything you're doing in preparation for the surgery. If nothing else, you'll just lose MORE weight and be closer to your goal! You got this, lady!

Oh, and all said and done, the bill was like $45,000 or so. I paid $2500. Insurance! Wootwoot!

Edited by TheRev