Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what is your take on smoking weed? Weed alleviates my headaches, knee pain and back pain (two of which I've been experiencing for the past few days) When I smoke I don't get the munchies, it just relaxes me. I function completely normal, I am completely coherent. It's been almost a month since my surgery. I am not addicted to weed, I can go months without it, I have a torn ACL that's been bothering as well as headaches. I thinking of taking maybe 2 hits of the weed- ?

-Ariannuhh❤️

Edited by acm22_

If you don't have the munchies it shouldn't be an issue. That's the main thing to watch out for post-op. I've smoked several times since surgery and it doesn't affect me any differently than it did pre-op.

Have you tried the high CBD meds? I find they help so much more than typical strains. Another option (whixh is my preference) is to take one paet high thc meds, and add it to 2 parts high cbd. Its more expensive than typical strains (street or club) but works better for pain in my opinion.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

If you don't have the munchies it shouldn't be an issue. That's the main thing to watch out for post-op. I've smoked several times since surgery and it doesn't affect me any differently than it did pre-op.

Username relevant. :D

LMFAOOO @ the username tho :D

I don't smoke, but I do use CBD/THC tinctures and lotions for pain and occasional nausea.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Early on after the surgery the only thing I could say that it did was that it got me higher quicker. But now that I'm well over a year post surgery and my body has completely healed from the surgery I would say that my tolerance for it is back to where it was pre-surgery. I've recently dabbed into the CBD/THC in foods and oils and found those to be somewhat as affective as smoking it. But the high or buzz takes longer to get to the bloodstream than smoking it does. But boy oh boy when it does finally break down and hit the bloodstream, yeah talk about an intense high.

This is good to know! I don't really care for smoking but due to my chronic pain issues pre-surgery I prefer the hard candies and Gummy bears! No munchies just less pain more relaxed and more energy ...I'm 3wks post-op and was thinking I had to wait 4mo????

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I don't smoke, but I do use CBD/THC tinctures and lotions for pain and occasional nausea.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

To the original poster: I am sure w you were told not to smoke before surgery. If Yuri had asked your surgeon would have told you this includes marijuana. As the above poster says you can use eatables and tinctures after your 6 week surgery recovery period.

BTW, I live in a legal state that is my hospitals policy.

I had a pretty frank discussion with my surgeon's assistant about herb. I'm in a state where it's not legal and she couldn't legally make any recommendations (also, it was a Catholic hospital so they're pretty restrictive about discussing a lot of topics to begin with). We talked around it and in a lot of hypotheticals.

The gist: smoking is bad. Look, I'm a fan of the green. But it's STILL smoke that's going into your lungs. If you do it regularly, it's not great for that soft pink tissue, people. Vape it - spend the money on a volcano or some type of vape pen that works with dried herbs. Eat it - I got lucky to get a bunch of edibles from a friend out west and the lozenges... well, they kind of taste like cherry cough Syrup and bong Water, but the dosage is dependable and they act fast.
Also, don't partake and sit. Partake and go for a walk, do yard work, something, anything.
There is nothing inherently dangerous about marijuana and being post-op with the sleeve, but what you do AFTER you partake is what matters.

I use a Cbd patch made by Mary's. Some have been derived from hemp but the one's that have an extremely low thc dose and high cbd count helps with anxiety and pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

You folks in progressive states make me insanely jealous. :)
Stay green, brothers and sisters!

I prefer wax and a vape pen. It makes it easier to have a reliable dose.

Example, enhaling while counting to 3. If that amount works for you, you can do the same thing next time. Adjust if too much or too little. Its also less obvious smelling for those who dont want everyone knowing your business.

You can also find high CBD carts. My mom sent me home with CBD tincure, CBD vape pen and a syringe with CBD wax.

With wax consider cost and quality. The local delivery service near us has a $10 CBD cart for a vape pen but it is nowhere near the quality as the one my mom bought us for $40. Its easily more than 4x as strong.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

How do you go about getting those things?

-Ariannuhh❤️