Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing yourself literally

Almost everyone in my life only knows me as an obese man. The only people who remember me any differently are the ones I go all the way back to High School and before, with. My wife married an obese man.

So almost everyone in my life is going to have the same adjustment to deal with that I will, in the new version of me that they see. It's like if I decided to shave my sideburns and goatee, and get contacts. People would be a little freaked out by it, at first. Over time, though, they'd get used to it.

Who knows man, maybe I will be uglier when I've reached my goals! But I'll be healthy and feeling great, so it's worth the trade-off, to me.

I have watched hundreds of YouTube weight loss journeys. I don't think anyone looks better with a double (triple, quadruple) chin and huge cheeks. As people lose weight you can see their jaw lines, their cheek bones, and their eyes look bigger. I think they look a million times better. Cheek bones that could cut glass are "in". I can not wait to lose my chins and cheeks.

I do understand sometimes people look older after weight loss but they STILL look better in my opinion. I am not talking about people who lose so much they look gaunt, I am talking about people who get down to a healthy weight. Their self confidence makes them glow!

@@LisaMergs

I have looked into all of my options. I have alot of very loose sagging skin on my neck specifically. (I call it the turkey waddle) LOL.

Anyway, I have had two plastic surgeons look at it and a third that used to do plastics and the only way to deal with mine is surgery if I want an excellent result.

So......We will see if and when I have the money to do that. First comes my tummy and boobs.

@@LisaMergs

I have looked into all of my options. I have alot of very loose sagging skin on my neck specifically. (I call it the turkey waddle) LOL.

Anyway, I have had two plastic surgeons look at it and a third that used to do plastics and the only way to deal with mine is surgery if I want an excellent result.

So......We will see if and when I have the money to do that. First comes my tummy and boobs.

Cool sculpting!!!!!! Couple friends have had it on their waddle. Ah- maze-ing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This was/is the hardest challenge for me. I became quieter. I was scared I was losing me and I liked myself. It gets better. The looking drawn thing eases over time once you get used to it and your nutrition is under control. I am a distance runner so sometimes if I get dehydrated I still look drawn.

I'm still confused about what I look like and who I am and it's been almost 2 years. Just have to keep going though. I have no regrets good luck! This is not easy stuff.

I feel kind of ridiculous about this one thing that I'm struggling with, but you asked and I'm determined to let all this stuff out and deal with it instead of keeping it all inside like I used to.

I've always had a big butt...when I was younger and thin, it was actually a kind of amazing butt and I didn't hate it back then. I wore bikinis, ran on the beach, walked around naked in front of my boyfriend/husband, and I didn't know how good I had it. Of course, as I gained weight over the years with pregnancies and yo-yo dieting, I started hating my butt because it was HUGE and I wished it was GONE all the time.

Fast forward to now, I've lost 70 lbs and for the first time ever, my butt is almost gone. I thought I would LOVE it, but I don't. It's flatter than it's ever been and saggy and it makes me feel old. As I'm trying on smaller clothing, I know one reason it fits better is because I don't have that big old donkey butt back there, but I kind of miss it. Ridiculous, right?

I wouldn't trade my health for the butt, of course, but if I could change ONE thing about how my weight-loss has gone, it would be to have a smaller, but not THIS small, butt.

You are early out. There are plastic surgeons who can put some junk in the trunk. After a year or so you might fill out some on your own.

You are early out. There are plastic surgeons who can put some junk in the trunk. After a year or so you might fill out some on your own.

I had to have shoulder reconstruction about 9 weeks ago, so I haven't been able to do squats, leg presses, etc....I hope when I get to the gym, I can work on building the muscle back up :)

I had to have shoulder reconstruction about 9 weeks ago, so I haven't been able to do squats, leg presses, etc....I hope when I get to the gym, I can work on building the muscle back up :)

Mine is GONE too. Flat assed gone

Planks and lunges... Still nada.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Shelter dog, ridiculous not at all thank you for sharing let it all out. I have some very voluptuous breast and i heard that if you had them before you would have them after however, i am not sure what i actually have since i was an overweight teen during the developing stages. The females of my family are either really small or really big. I would be happy with any size my main concern is going to be the drooping. I know there is always plastics but i am barely going to have enough money for this surgery. A breast lift would be pushing it lol. Oh well my new mantra is telling myself im not doing it for beauty i am doing it for health. ????

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I am just over three weeks post surgery and I think the loss has changed me for the better. I think people have always seen me as friendly, but I'm more apt to be outwardly affectionate with hugs and such. I feel more comfortable now.