Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month surgeversay! And a "WTF body?" question

Soooo.... I am one month preop today and down 48lbs. Woot!

Multiple people have commented that I need new pants. My pants look like they are wide leg jeans (not) and that I in them (double not).

Like most of you, I am sure, I have a wide range of sizes in my closet... but while I am losing weight in my butt and thighs, I havent really lost anything around my waist allowing me to go down in size.

WTF body? How do you guys deal? Should I rock the baggy ass or move to a smaller size and use the hairtie trick?

Also, has anyone else noticed differences it plus size sizes in plus size brands? Fashion bug size 26 jeans are still too tight, but I can wear size 22 Lane Bryant jeans (with a slight pinch at the waist).

HW 385 SW 359 CW 338 Sleeved 10/5/16

If you need your clothes to look good for professional purposes, then probably I would agree to go buy a pair or two of dress pants to tide you over to the next size drop. If it's casual wear, then I definitely would not buy much stuff and just deal with stuff fitting loose for a while. But that's me and I worked from home and did have a variety of different types of pants to wear already that didn't start looking silly on my for some time.

But do not buy anything expensive if you can help it. You'll be dropping weight/sizes every other month depending, so it will be a waste of money if it's the more expensive stuff.

I love shopping at thrift stores - Goodwill, Salvation Army, local church-run shops - and if you figure out where the larger sized clothing is plentiful, you'll likely have a better selection.

I can shop in regular stores now, but I still like thrift stores because I find really nice things (lots of name brands, some brand new with tags!) for cheap. And you can try on a variety of brands sometime and discover that maybe a different brand fits your body type better without having to go to 10 different places to try them on. :)

And congrats on your loss so far! :D

Edited by FrankiesGirl

It's very casual office. I work in accounting for Solar Company. I've been picking up a few new things at Goodwill but don't plan on buying anything major until I hit the sizes I don't have anymore.

How about pants with elastic waist? I found a nice looking pair for $16 at TJMaxx. Don't wear the baggy. It will keep you from really feeling the amazing new body you are shifting to.

I say go for yoga type pants lol. They will hug all the right places

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yoga pants are a gift from above!

Please, no pictures of you in them...

@@QueenOfTheTamazons

Consignment stores are where it's at! You can try different brands and styles and spend little money or great clothes.

Definite difference in plus sizes than regular. My lane Bryant size 18 jeans are too big (I can pull them on and off without undoing them). But my Eddie Bower size 18 jeans are too tight...cameltoe tight so can't do them yet. I love my ponte pants from lane Bryant because they are like a dressy yoga pant and fit me now and will still fit me if I lose 15lbs

Please, no pictures of you in them...

@@QueenOfTheTamazons

Consignment stores are where it's at! You can try different brands and styles and spend little money or great clothes.

Me in them? Absolutely not! The "gift" is to men that find the feminine form beautiful. I just so happen to be one of those men.

Soooo.... I am one month preop today and down 48lbs. Woot!

Multiple people have commented that I need new pants. My pants look like they are wide leg jeans (not) and that I in them (double not).

Like most of you, I am sure, I have a wide range of sizes in my closet... but while I am losing weight in my butt and thighs, I havent really lost anything around my waist allowing me to go down in size.

WTF body? How do you guys deal? Should I rock the baggy ass or move to a smaller size and use the hairtie trick?

Also, has anyone else noticed differences it plus size sizes in plus size brands? Fashion bug size 26 jeans are still too tight, but I can wear size 22 Lane Bryant jeans (with a slight pinch at the waist).

I'm down 45 pounds, same pants, same issues! I have totally been debating the hair tie trick because it has GOT to look like I my pants too! I also don't want them sliding down and accidentally flashing my undies at work!!!!

I have random sizes, I think from a 16 - 20. My mom is a thrift store junkie so she's on the hunt. Otherwise, I would be. A lot of the time things still have tags! I live by a ritzy area so our Goodwill has some good stuff!

Definite difference in plus sizes than regular. My lane Bryant size 18 jeans are too big (I can pull them on and off without undoing them). But my Eddie Bower size 18 jeans are too tight...cameltoe tight so can't do them yet. I love my ponte pants from lane Bryant because they are like a dressy yoga pant and fit me now and will still fit me if I lose 15lbs

I need some of these dressy yoga pants!

Nice yoga pants idea is a good one. It's weird how our bodies loose the fat differently at first. I am a month out and I've lot a lot in my top half, waist, boobs, and tummy. Bottom half has lost less than half of what the top half has lost Therefore I am starting to look like a pear, lol!

Nice yoga pants idea is a good one. It's weird how our bodies loose the fat differently at first. I am a month out and I've lot a lot in my top half, waist, boobs, and tummy. Bottom half has lost less than half of what the top half has lost Therefore I am starting to look like a pear, lol!

I wish that I was losing weight in my top half as well as you are! My arms are now quite small and any flex has the muscles defined. My calfs look amazing. My thighs could lose just a little. My stomach and chest need to go though! I've got moobs, yep, man boobies and that just ain't right! I know that my "kegerator" won't ever be a six pack without lots of work and plastic surgery but the built-in personal flotation device has got to go!