Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stressed, something is off

Banded May 2014, only lost around 65lbs. I've only had a couple stuck episodes but last week I had a bad one, brought on by a sip of soda and a bit of saltines I shouldn't have had. My body tried to throw up but couldn't three times. Ever since then had some mild night time heartburn which isn't bad but I notice it and is unusual for my body. Going in on Tuesday with all the fears of dilation or slip.

The stress doesn't help my symptoms. I always have this vague sense of unease, bloat and a little burn. :( Need some comfort but my husband is too stressed out with work and school things and it'll just stress him out more to talk to him about it, which stresses me out more. Need some third party support from peers before my appointment.

Should also say that I am very active. Massage therapist by trade, does walk training year round, multiple relays and half marathons, and am trying to get back into swimming laps.

You can stress yourself so that you'll feel even "sicker" or you can make a better choice. You won't know anything until your appointment, so put your attention elsewhere until then. Go for a walk or a run or use this time to get into the pool. Paint pictures. Sing and dance.

It may be that your band just needs to be loosened a little. In the meantime be sure to follow the old news -- small bites, chew to smithereens, probably avoid acidic foods and the rest of it.

That you lost "only" (that's a four-letter word) 65 lbs has no relevance here, since you say nothing about how and what you were doing. Therefore, nothing to say.

Best wishes. Swim.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch