Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Premier Protein shakes

Okay, I have a weird question about the premier Protein shakes. Does it have a weird chalky taste? Or does it taste like milk or Splenda? I've tried some Protein Shakes that my BF uses and they have a weird "Splenda" after taste and it makes me gag but I need to find different Protein Shakes so I won't get bored with them.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I like them...but it's the only brand I've tried...chocolate is my favorite remind me of chocolate milk.... make sure they're ice cold. Not chalky at all. Very mild aftertaste.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Do you know if they sell them separately or just in the packs?

I've only seen 4 pack at Walmart for like $7 chocolate..vanilla and Carmel. Also if I like iced coffee u can mix a Decaf instant coffee pack with the vanilla for a nice treat..drink a lil out first for a stronger flavor

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Mmmm coffee lmao. Thanks honey! I appreciate it. I see the surgeon tomorrow to get my date!

They do, yeah, but most Protein Shakes I've tried have the same chalkiness to some degree. I tend to really dig the PP shakes, though. chocolate is my go-to, but the banana? Maaaaaaaaaan... the banana is the bomb. If you can track those down, snag 'em. I've heard good things about the Caramel, too.

I tested out a number of Protein shakes (powders) pre-surgery and stocked up on them. Post-surgery, I couldn't stand them. They gave me Premier Protein in the hospital, and that's been the only thing I've been able to tolerate since. I'm getting sick of chocolate, so I ordered a variety pack from Amazon with chocolate, vanilla, banana, strawberry, and caramel. I have only seen chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry in my local stores. The others are available through Amazon though. I'm finding the vanilla and caramel too sickly sweet, am going to try them as Creamers in coffee. :) I don't care for artificial strawberry anything, and haven't tried the banana yet.

I get vanilla, chocolate and strawberry at costco. I have found a four pack of banana at walmart! I love them (except strawberry, wayyy to sweet for me). I also use the instant Decaf coffee in the vanilla.

I think The Premier shakes are gross. I can see why so many people complain about first and second stage liquid diet if this is all they have to eat.

I got samples of different brands and chose the one I liked best (Unjury) but most people on my pre op classes just go to costco and get Premier and then complain about it. Seems to me that ENJOYING what you eat/drink would help you succeed.

Maybe it's a weird sort of self esteem issue?

Hi all , Iv recently had surgery . How many Protein shakes do u have a day? Is this as well as food ?

Didnt you get instructions from your surgeon?

I was told to strive for 90gr8 of Protein a day. The protein supplement I use has 20 grams a scoop.

For example: I add that to the amount of protein in the food (8 oz of 1% milk is 8 grams so 28grams with the powder).

I like the chocolate at room temperature mixed with cup of brewed hazelnut coffee. Nice warm mocha in the morning

They do, yeah, but most Protein shakes I've tried have the same chalkiness to some degree. I tend to really dig the PP shakes, though. chocolate is my go-to, but the banana? Maaaaaaaaaan... the banana is the bomb. If you can track those down, snag 'em. I've heard good things about the Caramel, too.

My BF does body building now and he said the banana is bomb dot com too! And the vanilla. My Walmart had the vanilla, chocolate, strawberries n cream, banana and caramel. I just got vanilla to try it. If I like, I'm def trying the others next.

My taste buds changed after surgery. I use to love coffee flavored drinks but now I cannot stand them. So i had to get rid of a bunch of mocha ones i bought.

Omg. I'm obsessed with Starbucks. I hope mine doesn't change that much. Then again, maybe tell save me money. Lol.