Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pay in the U.S.

I had my Band put in in 2009 and it cost us around $7,000 and now I am having issues with it, I went to my surgeon and had the barium swallow to see if there were any issues, there were none. They still want to take the band out because I am having pain at the port site. I was quoted $15,000 to have it removed- and then an additional quote to have the sleeve done a few weeks later. Unbelievable. I am going to checkout Mexico for sure. To top it off the Place I go to have fills in Wichita shut down. Now If i need a fill or what ever, I have to drive all the way to KC

I used Weight Loss Surgical Centers.

I am a self-pay too. I'm not waiting another two years at this weight for insurance! I'm in Alabama. One surgeon in town was 14500. I did a little more digging and found another surgeon across town for 9800--that covers gastric sleeve surgery, anesthesia, and 1.5 days in hospital. Not bad!

Edited by Malin

I am sorry that things are not going as well for you as they should be. I can relate. I am looking at AOL surgical team in Mexico. I had direct communication with the Doctor doing the procedures, and they even called me to tell me that because of my poor results from the Lap-band, that they would not recommend the sleeve because it still is the restriction, and some people just do not do will with it. They said they would recommend the bypass. They also said that whom ever I choose to do the procedure, that they should be informative with the sleeve, and recommend the bypass. Either way they all agree that the band should come out because of the vomiting and the pain at the port site. 9,0800 is not bad. But because I have the band in, they have to remove it as well.

I had general surgeon. No bells and whistles. $9900 here in Texas. One night in hospital included.

I found 16,000 in Chicago. I would like to stay closer to home. I could go to Fla. For 11,500 but by the time I Pat for 2 round trip flights and hotel prob. Break close to even.

Sent from my XT1055 using the BariatricPal App

$4400 in Mexico and I researched the crap out of the surgeon and the company. There is a lower complication rate there than there is in the states. There is no way that I would consider going to anyone who has a complication rate as bad as most of the doctors here in the states.

To be honest, with what I ended up paying after insurance I might as well have gone to Mexico. When it's all said and done my out of pocket will end up around $5k anyway. Didn't realize all the "add-ons" I'd end up paying for.

I had my Band put in in 2009 and it cost us around $7,000 and now I am having issues with it, I went to my surgeon and had the barium swallow to see if there were any issues, there were none. They still want to take the band out because I am having pain at the port site. I was quoted $15,000 to have it removed- and then an additional quote to have the sleeve done a few weeks later. Unbelievable. I am going to checkout Mexico for sure. To top it off the Place I go to have fills in Wichita shut down. Now If i need a fill or what ever, I have to drive all the way to KC

I used Weight Loss Surgical Centers.

Definitely do your research. I just had a revision (self pay). It was done in one procedure. I wanted bypass so this is what the surgeon told me. If there isn't a lot of scar tissue he can do a bypass. Scar tissue means a sleeve (because they can work around the scar tissue. Erosion of the band means it comes out and they send you home. You can possibly come 6 or so months later and try a revision. A revision is considerably higher risk...you want a surgeon who is experienced with revisions. Ask how many revisions they have done. When I was interviewing doctors the one I chose had done over 250 of them. He said he can tell just looking at the tissue whether it will hold the staples or not...that stuff comes without experience. One of the surgeons I spoke to had done 2 revisions. 2! Yep, I'm happy I chose the one I chose. It was important to me to have it done in one procedure...it means my pouch is slightly larger than they normally make, because the band stretches it out. But he thinks it'll work well for me.

I had mine done in Montreal...I paid 23k canadian...so that's like $10 USD now right ;)

I

please be aware that some dr in the states will not provide medical follow up even long term if you have had your surgery in Mexico. I live in florida and believe me it is super conservative medically. I went to get an appt and am 10 years out but just moved here so wanted someone to do routine blood tests etc. I am having NO problems but was asked if my surgery was in mexico I told them no I had it in Louisville ky and they said they would not see patients who had the surgery in mexico. it would be something to research if you are thinking about mexico good luck

I'm having my gastric bypass surgery on December 12th in Tijuana Mexico with BariatricPal TeamMX and Dr. Illan. There are less complications and better care down there. I couldn't have picked a better doctor or place. It's the one and only chance I have to get the surgery and I couldn't have made a better choice. And I already have a bariatric surgeon who is willing to do my post-op care once I get back home. I am getting more than I can possibly hope for at a price I couldn't imagine ($5400).

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by GBLady41

I am from Wisconsin I am doing a self-pay looking for any of the surrounding Midwest states self pay prices. Cheapest I can find in Wisconsin is 22,900.

Sent from my XT1055 using the BariatricPal App

I'm in MN, was quoted 23000 and scheduled it for Jan. After reading great things about Mexico, I have rescheduled there. 4850 total. Doing it after the first of year and my fsa picks it up

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App