Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously?

@@ShelterDog64,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. It is always upsetting when weight loss surgery patients are clearly not ready to take the plunge or should not have taken the plunge because they are clearly not ready: for example, they are asking when is the soonest they can go back to their old eating habits and foods, or, as you pointed out, do not take responsibility for their own situations.

I hope that anyone who is considering WLS or who has it does take responsibility for their actions and for their circumstances. A lot of us who struggle with obesity definitely do have harder paths than some others: there may be some genetic problems, and we often have family habits that are not healthy, and we also have emotional issues and use food for comfort. Still, we need to accept those as part of our lives, and work to overcome them.

On the positive side…I doubt if the time you spent on here was a waste. You can use it as an opportunity to look inside yourself and make sure you are taking all the steps you know need to be taken to keep yourself on the losing track like you’re on now – congratulations on your accomplishments so far! :)

I got snarky responses for the "bless your heart" reference on a post concerning the blatant ignorance of some folks in regards to their doctors orders.

So here goes again, "bless their hearts"

And she knows who she is (snarky poster), I blocked her.

:P

I have no clue why this popped up on my phone this morning but as I read first post then second a few more then I stopped reading. I forgot I had the app honestly because I stopped being on here. I had just decided to do the surgery a few months ago, went to the seminar, my first appt was done and I was still up on the air about it. As I started to go through the process, all of the testing read more and I joined this forum to get other people's experiences, see how you all are doing, looked at some on youtube videos I guess to see if I really wanted to do it this time. I started the process three years ago and stopped halfway said I didn't need it because I eat healthy salads, veggies not alot of food, bake not fry and I excercise but here I am three years later. Still weigh the same as when I started, I'll lose it and gain it right back but never go over what I've been. It wasn't my time back then and one thing that I read that I absolutely agree with is that you truly have to mentally prepare yourself for this. I've made my decision based on the fact that I want to be healthier without all the meds I take daily. I can and will honestly say I don't have a problem with food because I barely eat. Which is also a problem lack of eating which I've been working on. I have health issues high blood pressure, asthma, pseudotumorcerebri, and REM apnea as to why I qualify for the surgery because your BMI has to be 40 or above mine is and was 38 my first dr visit. My weight gain came from me taking the birth control shot years ago and I have never been able to go back to under 200 lbs and currently 248 I'm 5' 7". I'm scheduled for surgery Dec 6th and I have my last pre op test today. No backing out this time. I am stocked and ready to start my liquid diet in 2 weeks. Wish you all the best of luck on your journeys ????

Edited by Missayisha

I agree with everyone ..

Before my surgery I am 3 weeks post op I was reading to get support advice to see what it would be like with no surprises.. I have a food disorder I sneaked food everywhere I went ...I would eat very little in front of people and gorge afterwards even hiding from family ..

I read here how someone a couple of weeks after surgery had fried chicken .. I don't get it ..I stopped coming on here ..it supported my food addiction not my weight loss ...at 3 weeks in I'm on pureed foods I could not even imagine fried chicken or anything heavy at this stage ..I went out with family for a birthday dinner I had egg drop Soup about 2to 3 Spoons that's all my pouch let me ..the first 2week was hard to read my body..I didn't know when to stop cause I was full took that extra spoon and was in pain ...3 weeks in I still haven't mastered all the time ...

My weakness now is when I eat something my head wants more my pouch says stop ..

And I don't drink as much as I should my body does not allow me too ..

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

The posts about putting rolls of quarters in pockets to set an artificial highest weight at first weigh in is sickening. Lying from the start....

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Unless the artificial high weight was needed to meet some arbitrary requirement to get the surgery covered by insurance. That's the only way I can see the "roll of quarters" being ok. But make sure you own it!!

If it is to meet requirements, that's not okay.... We call that insurance fraud. SMH

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App

Just so we're clear, the word "judgemental" gets thrown around a lot on this forum. You can feel judged by someone, even if they weren't being judgemental and that is your own issue. Not being able to accept the truth.

Judgmental: "I'm a much better person than you, and always will be because I didn't cheat on my pre-op diet. Failures like you don't deserve this wonderful opportunity to change their lives for the better because you're just going to waste it anyway."

Enabling: "I know, I cheated on my pre-op diet too and I was fine so I wouldn't worry about it! It's just a suggested diet anyway and you know what your body needs more than some doctor! You got this girl!"

Bullying: "Why are you so stupid? Morons like you should be taken out of the gene pool, since you obviously took a shallow dive to begin with. If I was there right now I'd seriously whoop you because I can't stand people who come around here looking for sympathy because they are screw ups."

Supportive: "I can appreciate that this is really hard, because I went through it myself 2 years ago. The temptations don't go away, you will probably always struggle some. But it gets easier the longer you make the right choices. I think you really need to consider why you had this surgery if you aren't making 100% efforts to follow your doctor's guidelines."

Again -- great post!
Absolutely correct ..

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Reading this and wondering why shelterdog64 seems so focused on what others are doing. We are all addicts and food is our drug of choice and none is better than the next. Live your life and learn to let others travel their own road. I am new to this forum and was disappointed reading ur post. Its very negative and what purpose does it serve. Think about that. Newcomer.

Sent from my LG-H812 using the BariatricPal App

The posts about putting rolls of quarters in pockets to set an artificial highest weight at first weigh in is sickening. Lying from the start....

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

What!? People do that?

I've never heard of that before.

Reading this and wondering why shelterdog64 seems so focused on what others are doing. We are all addicts and food is our drug of choice and none is better than the next. Live your life and learn to let others travel their own road. I am new to this forum and was disappointed reading ur post. Its very negative and what purpose does it serve. Think about that. Newcomer.

This is a section of the forum called rants and raves and that is the purpose of @@ShelterDog64 post. This is a forum for online support. We all are interested in what others are doing or why would we even be here. For me, I want to learn from others and hopefully others will learn from me. And, Letting someone have their own experience can be dangerous at times. Support in a form to guide someone to better eating behaviors is a good thing. Not following your surgeons plan can be life threatening.

Please note the section of the board. This is the designated area for ranting and raving. It can be incredibly frustrating to have people posting that it's okay to "cheat" on post-op diets, which if it's not countered someone else could read and end up seriously injuring themselves.