Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I be broken forever?

@@kjkashmaniac

Thanks for the update. I am glad vomiting brown liquid is not happening anymore. I was concerned that you were vomiting blood.

So, heal up well, and hope you are feeling better soon!

The first few weeks blow. I thought I had ruined my life. I literally remember calling my best friend, one of 3 people who knew I had the surgery and sobbing with the exact words "omg I think I just ruined my life." I am 37 months-post op and I have been at goal for 19 months. I didn't ruin my life- I got a life that I can finally actually live, instead of spending it obsessing over my weight.

Not sure if this makes you feel better or not, but after awhile you really don't care that you don't want food. I had a handful of crackers and a wedge of laughing cow cheese for dinner and I didn't really feel like eating that. food isn't really something that I get excited about anymore, and given I now get very excited about size 2 dresses, I am ok with the trade-off. :)

I know exactly how you feel. You aren't alone. Not everyone feels "amazing" post op.

You definitely will heal. And with the healing comes less discomfort and pain.

I found that simply concentrating on healing and getting well post op was the most peaceful way forward.

I only concentrated on drinking Water and broth to stay hydrated and "fed". I stopped worrying about how many or few calories I was getting or how much Protein etc.

I just focused on getting well.

You just had major surgery. Just think about how many internal stitches are in your stomach and how much healing that will take. Think about the lsyers of skin, muscle etc that the laparotomy tools went through. Just because you only see a few small external surgery sites, I think some people forget how much trauma our bodies have been through.

I became seriously ill post op and dropped 60lbs in four weeks with a septic abscess in my abdomen, then contracted clostridium difficile.

Trust me, if I got better, you will too!

Well done for trying to get back to work. I could not have done it!

Just take really good care of your healing process. You can worry about weight loss and food intake later on.

Good luck and God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It does get better. I had horrible nausea, zofran didn't help, so I went to the old reliable, diet gingerale. Shook it til it was flat, helped almost immediately

Sent from my HTC One A9 using the BariatricPal App

I can't contribute anything to this post because I'm just starting my journey but let me say IM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU I read all the post and the awesome support and love you gave Kjkashmaniac is great.

Sent from my Bat Phone using the BariatricPal App

I can't contribute anything to this post because I'm just starting my journey but let me say IM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU I read all the post and the awesome support and love you gave Kjkashmaniac is great.

Welcome to the clan. Love the avatar, nyuk nyuk nyuk

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

HA HA thanks emardee I'm glad to meet another Stooges lover especially on this forum. Someone actually thought that was real profile pic.. what a knucklehead knyuk knyuk knyuk

HA HA thanks emardee I'm glad to meet another Stooges lover especially on this forum. Someone actually thought that was my real profile pic.. what a knucklehead knyuk knyuk knyuk

Edited by BigJohn58

I found some unsweetened ginger and lemon tea helped me with nausea and was sort of calming. I felt much better when j was cleared for eggs and cottage cheese. I think the shakes made me want to throw up. I also found a great non milky Protein Water that helps.

I'm a month in and have list 8% of my body weight so feeling grateful for my sleeve even though I'm learning to manage it.

Edited by lowbmi65

I had surgery on 10/24. Tomorrow will be 1 week post surgery.

I knew everyone has different experiences but I've always done well with surgeries and medications and medical thing. This is nothing like I could have imagined. I knew I wouldn't be hungry but I don't think I actually grasped or frankly believed that was possible. Now I find myself barely eating anything. Not my Protein drinks or yogurt and drinking is the hardest thing in the world. It's physically painful in my chest to drink.

Emotionally I've felt at Rock bottom. The nausea after my surgery has me vomiting brown liquid and I kept whining "why did I do this to myself?" I've been a complete recluse ignoring phone calls and texts and in the spirit of complete honesty, I have not even Pet my dog since I've been home from the hospital. This animal I've taken care of since he was 8 weeks I have no desire to be around.

My family is incredibly supportive and I know this will make me sound ridiculously ungrateful... but they are so supportive it's annoying. I truly do know how lucky I am to have a family like I do because I have seen and read a lot about unsupportive families and spouses.

They keep telling me it will get better and that they know how I feel but how can they? They have not had this surgery and have no idea what it's been like this past week.

I just need to know if this does get better? When will I feel as amazing as everyone says they feel? When will I be able to drink liquids without pain?

I know that things will never be as they were and I'm glad for that, but today I just need to know that someone does understand the way I feel and that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Sorry for the saga. I think that was officially longer than any opening credit of a star wars movie

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Good morning

Hope today is soooo much better than when you wrote in.I hate you experience this but I'm glad you shared..you are the 1st to give me the other side after surgery and I had to hear ot. My date is Nov 9th and I am a thinker and preparing myself for every scenio so I won't give up is best for me..Libra flaw.. I knew you were a trooper when you quoted star wars at the end of your story..????again thank you for sharing..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Hi i am only 4 days out. Surgery 10/31. I found that sipping on Water throughout the day helps a lot. Warm broth settles my stomach and gas-x works wonders. I walk every 2-4 hours and that also helps with my pain and gas.My Dr. Sent me home with nausea medication and has me on a liquid diet until 11/16. I start only protiens on 11/6.

Just some hints on how i get threw and my pain has not been bad at all.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hey Hun I am 1 week post op tomorrow and on day 3/4 I felt bad and was in pain but took some meds to help BO and wind and feel 100% better today. Also wasn't sleeping due to pain but slept 6h last night. Just wanted to say your not on your own Hun. I am in the U.K are all u guys in America? Xx

I had surgery on 10/24. Tomorrow will be 1 week post surgery.

I knew everyone has different experiences but I've always done well with surgeries and medications and medical thing. This is nothing like I could have imagined. I knew I wouldn't be hungry but I don't think I actually grasped or frankly believed that was possible. Now I find myself barely eating anything. Not my Protein drinks or yogurt and drinking is the hardest thing in the world. It's physically painful in my chest to drink.

Emotionally I've felt at Rock bottom. The nausea after my surgery has me vomiting brown liquid and I kept whining "why did I do this to myself?" I've been a complete recluse ignoring phone calls and texts and in the spirit of complete honesty, I have not even Pet my dog since I've been home from the hospital. This animal I've taken care of since he was 8 weeks I have no desire to be around.

My family is incredibly supportive and I know this will make me sound ridiculously ungrateful... but they are so supportive it's annoying. I truly do know how lucky I am to have a family like I do because I have seen and read a lot about unsupportive families and spouses.

They keep telling me it will get better and that they know how I feel but how can they? They have not had this surgery and have no idea what it's been like this past week.

I just need to know if this does get better? When will I feel as amazing as everyone says they feel? When will I be able to drink liquids without pain?

I know that things will never be as they were and I'm glad for that, but today I just need to know that someone does understand the way I feel and that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Sorry for the saga. I think that was officially longer than any opening credit of a star wars movie

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

It gets better every day, one day at a time. Sip your liquid slowly, I promise u it will get better. I will pray 4 u.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Haven't seen an update on how you're doing. But I'm hoping it's better. First let those people who want to help you help you. Second before you get up and move around the better you are. I feel like a different human being. I could do so many normal things there were a chore before. You'll be fine don't hesitate hit up anybody who's been through it as most of us have

Sent from my LGUS991 using the BariatricPal App

Haven't seen an update on how you're doing. But I'm hoping it's better. First let those people who want to help you help you. Second before you get up and move around the better you are. I feel like a different human being. I could do so many normal things there were a chore before. You'll be fine don't hesitate hit up anybody who's been through it as most of us have

Sent from my LGUS991 using the BariatricPal App

Sorry for such a late response to this! I set my notification to completely off and haven't looked...

I'm actually doing really well now. A surprising turn from where I was before. I can eat anything I want though choose not to... and drinking has become very easy, although I'm finding it easier when drinking with a straw which I know for some is a big no no! Lol

I'm now seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week and I'm really excited to start seeing those results .

I've currently lost 75 lbs total and I'm 3months out from my surgery.

Thanks so much for your advice!

This forum site really has helped me get through that depression and I've come out on the other side a much happier person and I owe it all to everyone on here and reading their encouraging stories.

You all are my Angels!