Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like such a failure...

Totally have your back and if you need a partner - lemme know, I need help lately and I'm only 4 months out :/ Roommate is getting harsh to live with again, and I'm kinda going why bother... :( but I know why I bother - its just pushing through his verbal bs is getting harder lately...

I'm in the same boat! I was at 3 years in August and I have about 20 pounds to lose. I can eat so much more and sweets are the enemy!! Does anyone have a liquid diet I can look at? I need to get back on track!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@

You poor thing it's hard enough the first 6 mths after surgery to deal with the changes let alone having someone verbally abuse you - totally not acceptable!!! Don't feel you are alone cause you're not... The support on this site is amazing. I don't tolerate unacceptable behavior and if it was me would say I am done and move on but that's me I'm afraid???? Feel free to pm anytime. Just remember you did this surgery for you, yes it gets rough and things get hard and some days you feel like a failure and you feel you may never feel normal again but believe me the sun does shine through....

@

You poor thing it's hard enough the first 6 mths after surgery to deal with the changes let alone having someone verbally abuse you - totally not acceptable!!! Don't feel you are alone cause you're not... The support on this site is amazing. I don't tolerate unacceptable behavior and if it was me would say I am done and move on but that's me I'm afraid Feel free to pm anytime. Just remember you did this surgery for you, yes it gets rough and things get hard and some days you feel like a failure and you feel you may never feel normal again but believe me the sun does shine through....

I agree. Verbal and emotional abuse are horrid. Fact. Don't deal with it, demand changes from him or change your address yourself.

There is no such thing as being "stuck" even though you may feel like it. Make a plan for yourself, VALUE yourself, and follow through.

There is a LOT of life to be lived yet, friend. Grab it!

@@LisaMergs @@Unhappysleever - Thanks y'all... I'm not even sure what to say - cause I know this cycle and I know how it goes. Just not sure how I let myself get wrapped up in it again.

I started over yesterday, no more grabbing food from second job that I know I shouldn't be eating. Took my tablet with me to work, so I could keep my mind busy with school work while waiting for a delivery.

Full time job is a lil more difficult cause I sit at a desk about 85% of the time. That's usually when I'm on here. I'm working on it, bought beef Jerky and I bring my lunch usually - and cream of wheat or grits for Breakfast is usually all I can tolerate - not a big Breakfast eater. Cofffffeeeeeeeee! lol, Tonight I go to get more Protein since I'm off from second job.

One day at a time.

Edited by Raenh

Well, the whole point of me approaching Alex a few months ago and asking to get a Regain forum going was just this.

There are a LOT of us out there. Some of us didn't ever reach our intended goal. Like me, i came within about 15 lbs of reaching my goal then gained about 20 back. So I too felt like a major failure. However, my husband pointed out to me over this past weekend that i really have lost a lot so far.

Just because we take a few steps backward does not mean that we can't get moving forward again.

Good luck. please use the resources and support that's here. you can do it!

It is so easy to feel this way because we know what we set out to do and we look at our weight numbers like the lottery, just 20lbs and I win, lol. But let me say this, everyday is a new day to start over. I too feel the same way. I had the sleeve surgery in May 2015 and a year and some odd months later I am only 43lbs down...THAT'S FAILURE!! But after a long bout with depression I am thinking a different way. I have an addiction to chips, yes an addiction that is my vice, not candy or any other fatting food just chips.

So I have begun to take things out of my diet and substitute the bad for the better. (drink your protein) I have started back hitting the gym at least 4 times a week. This is a mental fight we have with ourselves and we think we have SELF control and we walk on the edge and before we know it bam, dam old habits are sitting on our hips, thighs and bellies. DON'T DO IT, you are in control!!!

Everyday is a new day to walk a little more, and eat the hamburger not the fries. Make the eggs and bacon for Breakfast not bread. In our case we must take two or three steps toward our goal not just one. Don't give up regroup. Look at the Paleo diet it is a good way to eat right and not give up taste.

FAILURE is not dusting yourself off and working toward your goal, start with a small one. It's December 2 work toward losing 3lbs this month just to get you back on the right track. You are worth it! Nobody said the journey would be perfect, but it is doable.

Work toward your goal everyday! What did you do today to work toward your goal? When a sprinter falls down he does not start over at the beginning, he dusts his knees and get back into the race. His goal is still to finish the race and that's winning. Your goal is to be a healthier you that's winning!!!!

Good Luck