Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried Venus Legacy treatments after bariatric surgery?

I had a gastric sleeve in June 2016. Was 225 lb now 167.5 lb as of Oct 27. I have been concerned about a sagging abdomen... it's a flap of skin and stubborn fat that gets worse the more weight I lose. I also had twins, so it's not just the weight loss that caused the situation. I am concerned that I can't do any more surgery like a Tummy Tuck, not just because of expense but also because I had a life threatening blood clot situation with the gastric sleeve. All mesenteric veins and portal vein became almost 100% or completely 100% blocked with blood clots and I almost died. I later discovered a family history of blood clot problems after surgery.

I have been reading about a non-surgical treatment called Venus Legacy for skin tightening and fat removal basically by heating it up with radio and other electromagnetic radiation. Has anyone tried this? It's about $200 per treatment and you need about 8 treatments, it says, to see a full effect. I am skeptical but some of the before and after pics look great.

I am struggling to lose more weight because of the horrific flap of skin that gets saggier and saggier. I'm scared of what it will look like if I lose more weight. I'm 20 pounds from my goal. The arms and thighs have it going on too but it's nothing like the abdomen. I'm getting irritated and sore under the flap of skin.

Any advice?

Some of your skin will tighten up on its own. At a minimum you might see this tightening occur before June 2017 and perhaps beyond. I would wait until you reach the maintenance phase until you decide to try alternate methods. I had RNY gastric bypass and I entered the maintenance phase around 7 months after surgery. Sleeve patients loose weight slower but over a longer period of time, sometimes 2 years. Therefore if you had a gastric sleeve in June 2016, it can be awhile until you reach the maintenance phase.

Your goal weight is an artificial number. I think I set my goal weight at around 190 pounds. I would have been satisfied if I reached 190 pounds. But in the end, I dropped down to almost 140 pounds. I went from a size 3X in shirts down to a size small. I am not sure of your initial height but it might be possible that your weight might even reach the 110 to 100 pound range before you level off.

I feel for you, I've just had reconstructive surgery to remove mine. I just don't know that a procedure like that will give you the result your looking for. It can't magically remove that excess skin that is hanging and the reason it's hanging is because the elasticity of the skin is gone. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone might tell you differently. My advice is hang onto your money invest in some good compression garment so your cloths sit nicely. Then after you have maintained your weight loss for at least 12months visit a couple of surgeons with all your information about what went wrong with the last surgery and they may be able to come up with a solution to prevent the blood clots. You are doing a great job don't let the frustration of the extra skin slow you down. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You know what, I have found that clothes hide a multitude of sins. I had a Panni done in Sept of 2015. After my loss of 124#'s and maintaining my loss for 2 and 1/2 years. I am not totally satisfied with my results as my PS didn't do all that he had said he would. But...with that being said I also had a severe reaction from the muscle relaxant they used and was paralyzed for 8 hours. I was in ICU with a tube down my throat. I know that now I have an allergy to the meds. But I am 60yo and I fight with myself about needing to have a breast lift and Lipo still. I go back and forth. I know it is exactly as my hubby has said, I probably will never be happy with myself. I will always find something I don't like!! I hope everything works out for you!! Good luck in whatever you decide.