Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first consultation with the surgeon tomorrow. So nervous! My husband is coming with me so that will be helpful! I feel like I have a million questions yet can't think of any! haha I'm just ready to get the ball rolling!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good luck with your consult. My experience seemed to go by so fast even though the dates for everything seemed so far away at the time. I went to the required info session on August 4th, consult appointment was September 9th, had clearance appt with primary doctor and psych eval somewhere in there, and my last appointment was with the nutrition on October 3rd. They submitted everything to insurance on October 6th and I was approved on October 11th. And now surgery is scheduled for November 30th. It seems far away too but will be here before I know it.

Edited by Tiffanie13

Write your questions down and that may help you. Best of luck to you. Let us know how it went.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Good luck with your consult. My experience seemed to go by so fast even though the dates for everything seemed so far away at the time. I went to the required info session on August 4th, consult appointment was September 9th, had clearance appt with primary doctor and psych eval somewhere in there, and my last appointment was with the nutrition on October 3rd. They submitted everything to insurance on October 6th and I was approved on October 11th. And now surgery is scheduled for November 30th. It seems far away too but will be here before I know it.

what kind of insurance do u have? And did you only have one nutrition appointment?

I have BCBS of NC. I only had to do the one nutrition evaluation and two years of weight history with my record of weight loss attempts. I didn't have to do the doctor supervised diet because I already attempted that previously.

Edited by Tiffanie13

Ok. Thanks. Very good info. Im thinking im going to try to obtain medical records of previous attempts of dr supervised diet and bring to nutrition appointment. Maybe it'll help

Any information you have take with you. Even if you don't think it is important take it anyway. You never know what it may help speed up in your journey. Good luck!

Edited by Tiffanie13

At my consultation I was so into just getting the surgery and changing my life I didn't even ask any questions. I went in thinking I was getting a lap-band and left with paperwork for the sleeve. I didn't even ask one question about anything which I definitely regret. I was so focused on losing weight i didn't really think about the fact that I was having most of my stomach removed!

Make sure you ask everything you want to know. I found that I had way more questions post op rather than pre. don't rush everything will work out! Let us know :)

I met with surgeon initially for consult. After i see nutrition and psych i will meet with surgeon again preop. Least i think thats what they told me. Like you rebcal it happened so fast and i was so excited about being there, I didn't really pay attention to everything. It was a bit overwhelming and so much to take in. And the staff there do this stuff so routinely they forget to ask if we have any questions or what our fears might be. I am also a nurse and it does happen. It becomes so routine that we take for granted sometimes that every day ppl don't understand whats going on or understand nursing language.

Of course I had nothing to be nervous about! The surgeon just went over the procedure with me, answered any questions we had, and gave me a list of what I needed to do between now and potential surgery date. I was overwhelmed with that part because it's a pretty long list of things to do. But, once you really look at it, it's not so bad. I feel like with all the appointments in between now and then, it will make everything go by fast.

Edited by NOVAMOM348

@@NOVAMOM348, Congratulations on taking the first step. Are you going through insurance? Have you had your nutritional visits?