Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Progress Pictures

One thing I love about FB’s on this day feature is seeing all the selfies I used to take lol. This picture really got me though. It was a picture of my niece and I taken one year ago. I see someone who although she is smiling, she is dead on the inside. Longing to break free from the chains of obesity. January 7th of this year I started my new sleeved life. It has not been easy, but I do not regret my decision not one bit. Exercise has become something that I enjoy to do, I never thought I would say that! I am able to be the active mom that my son deserves to have. I no longer get tired and out of breath playing with him. I had got to the point where I hid from my friends because I was ashamed of myself. Not anymore. I am able to walk with my head held high and am proud of the progress I have made so far. I included a full body shot as well the beach picture was taken July 2015. I really needed to see these pictures side by side, the last few months things have slowed down tremendously. It’s not because I haven’t been putting the work in, I am just trying to be patient as I can be. I know I will get to where I want to be.

The only thing I miss about the old me from last year is my longer hair!

post-250921-0-55663800-1477492505_thumb.jpg

post-250921-0-71500000-1477492514_thumb.jpg

You look amazing, keep up the great work!!!????

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

A great example of what happens with hard work, dedication, and following the plan. Congrats to you!

You are kicking butt and taking names !!!!!

Great job.

It's funny how many of us are "taking the easy way out" yet we have embraced frequent exercise into our lifestyles.

Keep on kicking butt.

@Suaniya @ Thank you both!

A great example of what happens with hard work, dedication, and following the plan. Congrats to you!

Thank you for your kind words, your story has inspired me in many ways. Following the plan is a must, I have failed at many things in life but this is one that I refuse to fail at.

You are kicking butt and taking names !!!!!

Great job.

It's funny how many of us are "taking the easy way out" yet we have embraced frequent exercise into our lifestyles.

Keep on kicking butt.

Thanks Dub! I had to go by one of the physician's offices that I work under the other day. The receptionist stopped me and congratulated me on my weight loss. She was allllll excited. Then she asked what my "secret" was. I'm fairly open and honest, so I told her the "secret". She sort of rolled her eyes and said "Oh, I thought you were going to tell me you worked out or something" I just smiled sweetly at her and continued on my way. I knew right then and there I wasn't going to waste my time with her. For the past 6 months with the exception of the last few weeks I have gotten up anywhere from 3:00-3:30 a.m and carried my lard ass to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. On the days that I missed the gym I would make sure I did a exercise video at home or some type of movement. Okay, enough of my rant....on to you! Your journey has also inspired me. What you've done in the last year is simply amazing!

Thanks again, everyone! :D

Inspiration to those of us who are new to the sleeve. Thank you :D

I can't wait to go for mine, I'm scared but I'm ready for the change, u look great!

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Thank you! I remember being scared too, not once though have I regretted my decision. You will do great, just follow your plan and during the weak moments just remember why you made the decision to have surgery. Keep your eye on the prize! I look forward to seeing your own progress pictures! Good luck to you!

Congrats on the amazing job you've done! All your work, paid off. You nailed it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Omieliz

Thank you so much! Still have a little ways to go though. I can say that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! The hard work though, will be maintaining for the rest of my life. I refuse to ever go back to where I started.