Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't really think it was a bad choice I was looking at the froze. Yogurts and some of the soy frozen yogurts and they had a higher sugar content so thanks for your input high functioning fat man

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't think you made a bad choice. This journey is a long one and although we all have the goal of losing weight, if we make it a struggle and deny ourselves of everything, the journey will be long and tuff. HALO is high Protein and low carb. The entire pint is only about 240 calories, but if you have it by portions, 4 at 60 calories provides you with Protein and a treat for yourself. There are also high protein low carb brownies, blondies, banana bread, corn bread, etc. Look up "eat me guilt free". Btw I know of these products because long time sleeves have recommended them. I have these things like rewards and limit the quantity per week. But I what I love is that I have the options. This does not have to be a miserable experience. Good Luck. BTW HALO Lemon Cake is delish and Red Velvet too!

@@ShelterDog64, we're all new. I thought i could eat 1 of those small little bags that come in the variety pack of different potato chips. WRONG. I wanted to eat another 1 after my fullness ended. Then i felt guilty and i was like omg, if i mention this on here someone is going to bash the hell out of me for eating the potato chips.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Proti Diet makes soy based high Protein low carb chips in many flavors for when you are ready. They provide that crunch we sometimes desire while providing a low carb Protein. Just a suggestion. I love the barbecue. Btw the pack, eaten slowly is great as a snack by itself and really satisfies hunger.

I just bought this ice cream because I was looking at frozen yogurts and they have more sugar then this ice cream I'm almost two weeks post op but I'm not going to eat this until I talk to my surgeon

I am 3.5 years out and have been in maintenance for over 2.5 years. I've heard of Halo ice cream but I've not tried it, nor do I really plan to. I was never a huge sweets person, but if I did indulge, ice cream was definitely my dessert of choice. Life is already filled with temptation at every turn, I see no need to purposefully bring another into my life.

In reading this thread, I have two "issues" for lack of better word. First and foremost, I am not sure why one would even consider buying ice cream of any sort at only two weeks out. I applaud your thought process of talking to your surgeon before eating it but just the fact that you brought it home gives you license to eat it regardless of that conversation when you hit a weak moment. Why have that little carton of yum whispering to you in the freezer when you should be concentrating on changing your habits? Along with that, you now have all this "validation" that it's OK for you when really, it is NOT AT ALL IDEAL at your stage in the game. You have people telling you how delicious it is and even one telling you that "most people cheat" so you can too. (Insert HUGE eyeroll here.) Later maybe, but not now.

My second "issue" is that fact that there is still the thought process that food is a "treat". That's a road directly back to Fatty Mcfatpants, a place I never want to revisit. A treat is a concert tickets and fitting comfortably through the crowd and in your seat. A treat is a new pair of skinny jeans in the single digit sizes. A treat is newly found collar bones and hip bones. A treat is fresh flowers on the kitchen table or a new trashy novel to enjoy on the next rainy day. A treat is a session on treadmill or a hike up a mountain without losing your breath immediately.

You aren't a dog. food is no longer a "treat" and what exactly is it "rewarding"?

@@LipstickLady I'm not looking for it as a treat I was just looking at the nutritional content of it and instead of having the frozen yogurt I bought that I'm not tempted by it at all I'm on my purée phase I'm down 23 lbs and I have self control ,it was just a healthier option for me being that I'm a diabetic that's all

@@LipstickLady **My second "issue" is that fact that there is still the thought process that food is a "treat". That's a road directly back to Fatty Mcfatpants, a place I never want to revisit. A treat is a concert tickets and fitting comfortably through the crowd and in your seat. A treat is a new pair of skinny jeans in the single digit sizes. A treat is newly found collar bones and hip bones. A treat is fresh flowers on the kitchen table or a new trashy novel to enjoy on the next rainy day. A treat is a session on treadmill or a hike up a mountain without losing your breath immediately.

You aren't a dog. food is no longer a "treat" and what exactly is it "rewarding"?**

THIS is what I hate reading here. Food, post-op, really needs to be relegated to 'fuel' status and language calling food 'cheats', 'rewards' and 'treats' needs to leave our vocabulary. Most of us got fat because we used food for everything in our lives, for fun, for comfort, for socializing, etc. Just stop it. The surgeon can only remove part of my stomach...I have to do the rest.

I think if a little Halo ice cream, once in a blue moon makes you happy...then yay, awesome! If hiking up a mountain, going to a concert makes you happy...then yay too! This surgery has given me a tool to make life better, healthier and happier. I don't want to stress myself out focusing on food denial...nor do I want to be the sad couch potato I let myself become. Live life happy. I'm going to the gym for the first time in my life, working hard, but I just might look for that halo ice cream everyone talks of too...I just think everyone is different and don't forget to enjoy life. We can be happy and still stay on our program.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

That was a serious bash over someone trying an alternative product. In my opinion it's a great idea to look for healthy alternatives. Ive been filling down time enjoying my online hunt! It's kind of exciting to find one that just might work for YOU. And at the end of the day who do you hv to answer to?

Good luck! I hv arthritis and fibro too (def didn't want a knee transplant!)

@@blazermom I know right lol I didn't expect everyone to jump down my throat it is crazy it kind of detirs me to post on this site if you really look at the nutritional content of it it's much better then a lot of stuff out there

@@kris2100 I gave Halo Top ice cream a try about 9 months after surgery. Its low calorie, high Protein, and low sugar - so I was able to fit it into my calorie target at the time. The flavor (mint chip) was just ok and it took a few weeks to finish. It didn't trigger any Ben & Jerry purchases, or even a repeat purchase of Halo Top.

Wait a few months and give it a try for yourself.

That was a serious bash over someone trying an alternative product. In my opinion it's a great idea to look for healthy alternatives. Ive been filling down time enjoying my online hunt! It's kind of exciting to find one that just might work for YOU. And at the end of the day who do you hv to answer to?

I agree. I also agree that this kind of response makes me not want to come here. I feel like there are a lot of veterans here that are tired of answering the same questions over and over and so their answers become snarkier and snarkier as time goes by. I would like to suggest that if someone (especially a newbie) posts something that really irritates you that you pause before posting or perhaps not post at all. So many threads here stop being conversations between adults and start being bashing sessions.

I really do appreciate the wisdom of the veterans.

I really don't appreciate seeing all the criticism in so many threads newbies post. It's old and tired and, like I said, makes me not want to come here.

And I say this as a person not new to message boards. I'm quite a veteran when it comes to message boards. There are ways to talk to people that doesn't come across so harshly.

I didn't really think it was a bad choice I was looking at the froze. Yogurts and some of the soy frozen yogurts and they had a higher sugar content so thanks for your input high functioning fat man

I get what your saying I had weight watchers mint chocolate chip pops were good I couldn't even finish one though I'm one month post op

If the label looks good I buy it it's ok your still human and should be able to enjoy things still you def won't be eating the whole thing or even a cup I can still only eat half a cup of anything I have and I get super full

@@LipstickLady I'm not looking for it as a treat I was just looking at the nutritional content of it and instead of having the frozen yogurt I bought that I'm not tempted by it at all I'm on my purée phase I'm down 23 lbs and I have self control ,it was just a healthier option for me being that I'm a diabetic that's all

Awesome! If you are looking for bang for your buck, go with Premiere Protein shakes or added Protein Greek yogurt. Much better protein content. ;)

I think if a little Halo ice cream, once in a blue moon makes you happy...then yay, awesome! If hiking up a mountain, going to a concert makes you happy...then yay too! This surgery has given me a tool to make life better, healthier and happier. I don't want to stress myself out focusing on food denial...nor do I want to be the sad couch potato I let myself become. Live life happy. I'm going to the gym for the first time in my life, working hard, but I just might look for that halo ice cream everyone talks of too...I just think everyone is different and don't forget to enjoy life. We can be happy and still stay on our program.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I don't disagree with you at all once someone has hit maintenance. I do disagree with this mentality at 5 days, 2 weeks, 4 months out. ;)

What was a "serious bash"?