Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just looking to meet my December Surgery Pals

I was sleeved 12/6 it's totally worth it! I'm already on puree! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Congrats! Are you hungry? How are you feeling? And you are lucky you already get puree. I'm looking at soft foods starting on the 10th of January.
Thanks you too! Honestly no...right now I'm dealing with what everyone does I think...the mental cravings and stubbornness...my surgeon has me puree this week and next then soft solids the following week hopefully it get better:)

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Mine is scheduled Dec 22nd already on my liquid Protein diet

My surgery is set for Dec 22nd, I am now on Liquid Protein diet

Hi sassymedic! I had the same gas pains and difficulty passing 2 days after getting home. Took a very small dose of milk of magnesia and within hours helped me pass gas. It relieved a lot of the pressure.

Also. I found that because I had absolutely no hunger my husband eating foods in front of me and even the smell of it didn't phase me. I hope it turns out the same for you!

Congrats to everyone! I had my surgery 12/7/16 12 days post op, still a little sore (no pain just soreness). I am NOT hungry at all, it's even harder to drink now.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Would love to hear from everyone who already did the surgery this month since we are half way through. How did it go? How do you feel now? Are you still hungry?

I'm on day 2 of the liquid diet and I might snap. Already snapped at my husband for asking a stupid question. And I feel really weak already. Then stupid husband decided dinner last night for everyone (except me) would be steak and loaded baked potatoes. Jerk. He's on my list today.

But, I've heard the first three days are the worst. Please tell me this is true. I can get through three days. A month will be so much tougher.

My dr. has me doing 2 weeks pre-op of liquids. Clear Liquids for a few days post -op and then back on Protein shakes for another two weeks. Then I get soft foods for three weeks.

Did anyone find any non-sweet Protein drinks? I've heard that even if you have a sweet tooth, it gets really old.

That's all for today (so far). Thanks for listening.

Had my surgery on the 14th and trust me I have no hunger. Maybe head hunger but that's it. You'll be good if you even get in all your protein/fluids. First 5 days were the worst for me on the pre-op diet. When your family is having dinner, leave the room. It helps. Also sugar free popsicles when you are about to snap.

Hope this helps :-)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I didn't have to the liquid diet. Just the 2 day liquid before surgery. But i just cut back on my own. So far all is well

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

me either. I started the bowel prep and Clear Liquids today and my Surgery is Wednesday. My BMI is 35. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am so jealous of all of you who aren't bothered by food! Unfortunately if I see it or smell it, I want it! I know its all in my head and its the whole you want it more because you can't have it deal. I was not like this pre-op. Also probably because I am so over Soup and Protein Shakes, I have 10 more days until I can start pureed foods and I can not wait!

I hope not to bring anyone down here...

I had my surgery on Dec 7th. It has been an interesting adjustment.

I did not go "Number 2" for 4 days, then when I did it was like birthing a baby.

So much pain. My husband almost took me to the emergency room. I must have passed pounds of stuff - literally. Even after the 'flush' that I did before the surgery which was extreme.....

Now I have "The Runs"

Also, I am So Hungry!!!!

I wish that I was like others. My hunger has increased. It is so bad that it is hard to concentrate

This is not "Head Hunger" my stomach is just rumbling and grumbling... You can hear it when you stand next to me.

I know that some of it is thirst.

Water has been hard to drink.

Isopure has been hard to drink

The only thing I can tolerate well is Premier Protein shakes and chicken broth.

I have been drinking chicken broth all day long. I think that salt in it is causing Water weight gain.

I tried to switch to tea.

Oh, the joy.....

I know if is going to get better. Just being honest about my first 12 days post-op.

Leslie - No girl you aren't bringing anyone down! Or at least not me. My head hunger is completely messing with me because I am hungry too! I honestly think its the whole you can't have it so you want it more. My stomach grumbles and mumbles too so I just try to drink Water. It doesn't do a damn thing but I feel like I'm doing something. I've been living off Trader Joe's Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. I hated broth! The struggle is real! I know in two weeks we will look back and laugh at how miserable we were. But right now in the moment, it sucks! We just have to make through the first 2-3 weeks! We got this!

Hey Leslie and Sassy - I had a friend who did the surgery a few years ago and she said that she was starving! Called her dr. a liar even :). I guess from here, it just depends on the individual.

Finished week one of the all Protein shake diets. The only "cheat" I've had is that I had an unsweet tea on Saturday. My dr. doesn't want me to drink anything with caffeine. I mean - that's really mean, right? He's super strict. Nothing but Protein shakes and Water, decaff tea and decaff coffee. Everyone said the first three days were the hardest. It was four days for me. It wasn't until day 5 when I felt human again. On day 7 I had the shakes so bad all day and just felt weak. But I'm sure that's when my body ran out of all of my glucose stores (I'm sure I had a lot in there:)). So I already lost 10 pounds in a week! That's what has kept me going.

My kids are like - if you can lose the weight like this, why get the surgery. I've explained that I can lose the weight. That's not the problem. My problem is not regaining it. So the surgery will help with that by limiting my ability to binge and gain it all back + more like i've always done.

I did my pre-op testing yesterday. Got my pre-op meds. Totally ready for next Tuesday now.

OH - and I found out that after the first few days of clear liquids post op, I can have so many more things. I can have Soups and purees. I'm already planning my first meals:)

I've had cravings for the weirdest things too. Not sugar, candy, soda - but thinks like a tuna sandwich, some nuts, etc. Weird right?

Hope everyone is doing well!

G'day to all I am going in for my surgery tomorrow early in the morning, the toughest for me so far was these Protein Shakes they give me so much gas it makes me nauseated, and uncomfortable. My dad passed on friday the 16th so I have gone through a lot of emotional stuff, and food has been a big thing here and it smells so good, but I made it thus far and had to pull through it today is my last night so i am suffering with bloating and discomfort but also enjoy the broth and I am allowed v-8 which has been my life saver I do not like sweet things so gagging down the shakes is done for the night and I can enjoy a v-8 and after my medicated shower may sit back with a Soup broth I am so ready to start the next leg of my journey. Congrats to all who are now on the other side of the surgery I will be joining you soon, :)