Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slowing weight loss on purpose?

Have had numerous surgeries with anesthesia, and no hair loss, IMHO anesthesia does not cause Hair loss.< /p>

There are scientific studies that outweigh your opinion, LOL! It maybe true for you, but I lost hair after my gallbladder surgery and after a kidney surgery in addition to my WLS and Plastics.

Telogen Effluvium is a real scientific thing. Doctors have studied it. Just because it doesn't happen to YOU does not mean hair loss doesn't happen with anesthesia.

I said IMHO, so did it look like I was claiming to be an expert?

Have had numerous surgeries with anesthesia, and no hair loss, IMHO anesthesia does not cause Hair loss.< /p>

There are scientific studies that outweigh your opinion, LOL! It maybe true for you, but I lost hair after my gallbladder surgery and after a kidney surgery in addition to my WLS and Plastics.

Telogen Effluvium is a real scientific thing. Doctors have studied it. Just because it doesn't happen to YOU does not mean hair loss doesn't happen with anesthesia.

I said IMHO, so did it look like I was claiming to be an expert?

No but your statement was stated as factual even though you said opinion.

"Anesthesia does not cause hair loss" is a factual statement even if preceded by "in my opinion." If you'd said "anesthesia didn't cause hair loss in my case" that would have been fine, but you stated it as a global--it DOESN'T cause hair loss.

An opinion would be green is an ugly color or chocolate is gross. Green is blue plus yellow or chocolate contains cocoa bean are statements of fact.

Forgive me, but I am a stickler for accuracy... I'm a scientific method/research design/statistics nerd. I have a degree in it.

My hairloss started immediately after surgery. Yep, all over my hospital pillow too. Being a PCOS lady, my hair was already thin to begin with. Here I am, 7 months out with a nice big ol' bald spot. I hit all my Protein goals and all that jazz, but the hormones got me in the end. I've been fighting those demons since puberty! Haha!

So meh; it is what it is. I'd rather be sporting a shiny, bald cranium for a while, than continue carrying the 70 pounds I used to lug around on my body. The hair eventually grows back and I'm doing my best to make sure that the weight doesn't.

Reading your post made me remember something else about my hair loss, As I was going thru the fear of going bald I thought about what happened. Right at the worse time a spider bit me on the back of my head. Guess what it looks like still to this day...I have a bald spot and have to cover it up strategically every time I combed my hair. Still have it and still try to cover it up everyday. :( :(

I am nearly six months post op and my hair is literally dropping out in clumps daily.

I was losing hair moderately before surgery so I was scheduled to see a dermatologist anyway about it.

Had consult and am having a biopsy to determine exact cause (if possible) of Hair loss.< /p>

This increased hair loss only started a few weeks ago. It is really shocking how much I am losing each day.

The consultant said any event could cause this, from infections to stress to trauma from surgery. She also said that what I ate or didn't eat would not have mattered.

So I am just accepting that this is happening and letting it be, following my plan and doing all the things that I think might help.

She prescribed minoxidil but I decided against it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have been so lucky, in that I did seem to lose hair for a few months after surgery but that stopped and 2 years later, has never returned. I have lost about 110 pounds and the only loose skin is my boobs!! However, I am 64 years old and was always a DD so this might just be age related!! My problem is aching legs and lack of energy.

@@heyyall

Yes, mine grew back and then some. It also became very very very curly. I had body before, now i have thick curls and I am learning to tame them.

Even my hair stylist said she never saw this happen so fast and to the degree mine has. I can straighten it but it takes way too long so i am learning to wear my hair very curly. LOL

I was wondering how how many calories a day do most people eat after gastric bypass. I'm 4 weeks out and I'm eating 700-850 a day. 70-80 grams of Protein. Losing around 2 lbs a week, just want to make sure I'm not eating too much.

I have a thyroid problem and lost hair before surgery. My stylist recommended the Aveda Invanti system and I lose less after surgery than I did before. Pricey but worth it for me!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I was wondering how how many calories a day do most people eat after gastric bypass. I'm 4 weeks out and I'm eating 700-850 a day. 70-80 grams of Protein. Losing around 2 lbs a week, just want to make sure I'm not eating too much.

What does your plan say? That would be fine with some doctors plans, too little on others and perhaps too much on some (though I can't imagine that honestly). The important part is what YOUR plan says

@@sandyoutrage

At 4 weeks i was getting about 60 grams of Protein and less than 500 calories. In fact, most of the time i could only eat a few forkfuls of food, about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup at that stage.

My nut did not allow me to count calories, i only know it because i was tracking it in myfitnesspal.

Also, my nut requires 1 gram of Protein for every inch you are tall. So for me, my max goal is 70 and she likes me to be between 60 and 70 but that is because I have stage 3 kidney disease and too much protein makes your kidneys work harder. that being said, I have asked if this is a special goal for me because of my disease and she said no....1 gram of protein for every 1 inch you are tall is the goal for everyone on their program.

What does your plan say? That would be fine with some doctors plans, too little on others and perhaps too much on some (though I can't imagine that honestly). The important part is what YOUR plan says

My plan doesn't include calories, just protien goals.

At one and a half years out, still slowly losing on 1000-1300 cal day. I lost a huge amount in 7 months, then slowed. Honestly I am much more comfortable with slower loss, but very glad that I got the big chunk gone right away. At 1 1/2 years, finally getting comfortable in my new body, even though I have a bit to go.