Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One day I was downtown with my daughter and grandson, I had an extreme headache, I needed to take some Tylenol so I ask my grandson if I could use a sip of his mountain dew. Now he doesn't like to drink after anyone but he did this day!! So I had not had any carbonation since before my RNY. Without even thinking I took one sip of it. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT!!! When it hit my pouch it set it on FIRE!!! NEVER ever again will I try anything with carbonation. And why would you? People say they let it go flat, well that definitely wouldn't work for me I loved the carbonation!!!

This makes me mad why do people get the surgery, then go back to the old habits that made them fat. Grrr

Right you was better off not getting it at all. Like smh

Yani

@@shareeann I can guarantee they don't want to return to that state. However, it is a food addiction and is not logical and is the hardest thing to recover from.

We just have to want better you know ? For ourselves. And yes it is a food addiction

Yani

I've read that ginger ale is fine, as long as you let it go flat first. You don't want to drink it carbonated.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

O really?

Yani

>i never let it go flat and just like to drink soda. I never have any unpleasant feeling from drinking it. I started at three months out from surgery.

The sugar in the soda don't make you dump?

Yani

I heard it was a BIG NO NO too.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using the BariatricPal App

Have you put any weight back on from drinking it?

Yani

I only drink diet soda and it did not cause weight gain.
Lucky you

Yani

One day I was downtown with my daughter and grandson, I had an extreme headache, I needed to take some Tylenol so I ask my grandson if I could use a sip of his mountain dew. Now he doesn't like to drink after anyone but he did this day!! So I had not had any carbonation since before my RNY. Without even thinking I took one sip of it. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT!!! When it hit my pouch it set it on FIRE!!! NEVER ever again will I try anything with carbonation. And why would you? People say they let it go flat, well that definitely wouldn't work for me I loved the carbonation!!!

Right wouldn't work for me either I couldn't stand a flat soda and I am truly not wanting to feel what it's like if I did drink a soda. I'm OK on that. I haven't dumped and I don't want to I'm almost 6 weeks out

Yani

@@esskay77 I know this, this is why I did 6 months of therapy before hand you have to fix the head too. My insurance made me do that and its the best thing I could have done.

Mines as well and I'm glad they did

Yani

@@esskay77 I know this, this is why I did 6 months of therapy before hand you have to fix the head too. My insurance made me do that and its the best thing I could have done.

Mines as well and I'm glad they did

Yani

I need help, I'm at work and I'm so nauseated, I've been for hours. I try going in the restroom and hang my head over the toilet hoping to just throw up. i hope it would make me feel better.

Now i have done very well without soda, dont need it don't want it. I don't want to ruin my sleeve, I want to take care of it the best I can, but I'm in a bind, there is nothing here but bending machines full of crap. I don't feel good at all. in one machine there is some finer ale. if I let it go flat can I drink some. I'm desperate. all that sugar, ugh I don't want it but I'm at a loss of what to do.

also, I cant go home sick, I just got written up for being over my quota. so that's out of the question. any advice. I'm in tears.

Have you tried Water? Maybe that’ll make you vomit?
Feel better

23 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

Have you tried Water? Maybe that’ll make you vomit?
Feel better

I have a 40oz bottle I refill about 5 times a day. ☹

I’m sorry, Feel better! How long before you can go home?

I was told to stay away from fizzy drinks. They just make you bloated. Try to find G2 or G0, or some sugar free Powerade. Also, DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING while or right after you eat. That ALWAYS makes me sick. No Water, no tea (unsweet, and yeah, I'm from Mississippi) 30 minutes before or after you eat, unless you need a little sip.

Edited by MissSimpson

26 minutes ago, MissSimpson said:

I was told to stay away from fizzy drinks. They just make you bloated. Try to find G2 or G0, or some sugar free Powerade. Also, DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING while or right after you eat. That ALWAYS makes me sick. No Water, no tea (unsweet, and yeah, I'm from Mississippi) 30 minutes before or after you eat, unless you need a little sip.

since my surgery I suffer from dry mouth, ugh I can't stand it! I literally watch the clock, I stop 30min before and then when it hits the 30 min mark I can't wait to sip that Water and chew on ice. I drink so much, lol. I'm watching the clock as we speak, 5min to go. lol. I'm feeling better at the moment. hopefully for the rest of the night, crossing fingers.

I was told to stay away from fizzy drinks as they'll just bloat you. Ginger is good for your stomach but the gas won't do you any favours. Maybe try ginger tea? I was also told to sip Water constantly so have been doing that and it's kept me hydrated. As someone else has said, don't drink when you're having a meal. But other than that sugar-free cordials, water and fruit/herb teas are good all day x

Sent from my HTC U11 using BariatricPal mobile app

To each its own. Don't judge anyone. We all have something we will go back too at least once. 🤷🏾‍♀️

How about trying ginger infused Water as a substitute for ginger ale? 🤗

Good answer KCgirl061, the taste without the nasty bubbles.

4 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

How about trying ginger infused Water as a substitute for ginger ale? 🤗

do they sell that? I'd love to try it.