Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op liquid diet day 1

Today is day 1 of the pre-op liquid diet. I have had fears the past few weeks about my energy feeling very low. I have been drinking less and less caffeine and have successfully switched to Decaf coffee and tea and sugar free products. However, now that I am nearly through day 1 I am not feeling the best. I know this is common but is there anything anyone can suggest to do to get my mind off the hunger and the urge to stress/boredom eat? Does this get any easier?! Surgery date is 10/31.

You will get used to it. The first few days is the hardest. Just hang in there! I started Multivitamins right away..found that helped with the energy (I use the patches).

I'm worried about the liquid diet too! Thanksgiving falls halfway through it! I guess I'll find out how supportive my family is going to be!

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using the BariatricPal App

oooh Annie819 that is tough. I had Canadian thanksgiving 5 days post surgery. but at that point i was able to make a turkey Soup so I could kind of participate. You can do it though! it is worth it!

Thank you Travelher. I am feeling a little bit better today. I know by the end of the day I will be tired. I think the hunger I can deal with. It's feeling so low on energy that is getting to me. They diagnosed with me sleep apnea and put me on a CPAP and ever since then there has been a noticeable difference in my moods and energy so I think I got used to how much better I was feeling.

Annie819- Good luck! That will be difficult to overcome, but you can do it! Luckily Thanksgiving is halfway through and not in the first few days that way you can have time to adjust.

Edited by BrookeTiffani

Oh Annie! I feel for you but, maybe go for a walk while everyone eats then join them for fun around the table after it's been cleared? Can you have broth? Maybe a bowl of broth while they eat? My surgery is Nov 2nd and I'll still be on soft foods, not exactly the same thing but gotta look at big picture! Think of how good you will look and feel next Turkey day!! Woohoo! Hang in there, you can do this! Just another hiccup along the way

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just started mine yesterday. I have surgery on November 18th. I can only have liquids. I have been struggling with thinking about the hunger today. I think I might take a walk to try and help to get my mind off it. Just try to keep yourself busy would be my suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started my diet on monday, but mine allows for some veggies and lean meats, but in restricted amounts. The first days are usually the trickiest. I distract the cravings with flavoured tea like blueberry cupcake and apple cinnamon. Maybe try freezing a shake and eat like icecream? Haven't tried it yet, but I will at some point ☺

I have to say I have had a suprisingly easy time with my diet. Maybe because I put myself on a 1300 cal limit for a month before this final diet?

Nilla

Nilla. Who makes the blueberry cupcake tea and is it Decaf? Sounds yummy!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

6 days into the liquid diet the hardest part is walking around outside smelling all the great food from VB various restaurants and food trucks. Or sitting at my desk in work smelling the food from one of my colleagues