Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So here I go....

So here I go....started my pre op diet today. Doing very well except for some awfully funny brain fog! My gastric sleeve surgery is all set for October 27th in TJ with Dr. Illan. I'm so excited and ready. post-298770-14766773819047_thumb.jpg

I live in Houston Texas. Anyone else close to me? Even though I have a ton of friends and supportive gf, I could use a support partner that is going through the same things. Please reach out if you could use one, too. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

So here I go....started my pre op diet today. Doing very well except for some awfully funny brain fog! My gastric sleeve surgery is all set for October 27th in TJ with Dr. Illan. I'm so excited and ready. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476677379.834863.jpg

I live in Houston Texas. Anyone else close to me? Even though I have a ton of friends and supportive gf, I could use a support partner that is going through the same things. Please reach out if you could use one, too. Thanks in advance.

I'm from Houston! I am also going to TJ to have the sleeve by Dr.Illan on 11/4/16.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using the BariatricPal App

I'm from Houston. I get sleeved tomorrow 10/20 at Memorial Herman TMC by Doc. Todd Wilson with UT Physicians.

FYI- I was told 4 day pre op diet. However, I went with a two week to be on the safe side (doesn't hurt). Easy breezy after the 3rd-4th day......I do have cravings I must admit. Plus I lost 20lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm in Miami, Fl and just at the beginning of this process. I am about 80% sure this is the right decision for me.

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted. Love reading the information everyone shares.

Edited by AB2B

So here I go....started my pre op diet today. Doing very well except for some awfully funny brain fog! My gastric sleeve surgery is all set for October 27th in TJ with Dr. Illan. I'm so excited and ready. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476677379.834863.jpg

I'm 2 days post op and I have to say the first 12hrs or so we're very painful due to the gas pumped in you. It felt as they were trying to burst me open with the gas. Best thing to do is sit up and walk when possible. Sip your Water very slowly because you will feel your throats and stomach rather "raw". Day 2 isn't bad just really sore and my stomach is growling or something every time I drink Water.

FYI- hiccups hurt so I try to hold my breath.

I'm in Texas, too! I'm several hours from Houston though. Scheduling with dr Illan soon, hopefully for January surgery date. I can't wait! How are you doing now that you're a month out?

I'm in Texas, too! I'm several hours from Houston though. Scheduling with dr Illan soon, hopefully for January surgery date. I can't wait! How are you doing now that you're a month out?

Hey Tish! My month out is going great! I actually seen my doctor on the Nov 22 and had not weighed my self prior. So a bit about me prior, no high blood pressure, no diabetes, no high cholesterol, ( rather healthy so to speak).....my stats HW:363 SW:343 CW:300 (11/22/16). I have loss over 25% of weight and according to him "ahead of the curve in 1 month span." So I was told to do walking only prior but know I could full throttle my workouts, no restrictions.

As far as food goes, follow you docs diets and directions. You don't want to risk hurting yourself. 1 week post, I got really tired of Protein drinks, actually so tired that I would start to gag while drinking them. So I completely stopped drinking them and ate; Vitamins, Water, sf Jello, fat free Greek yogurt, sf popsicles were my fave. Week 3 I did lots of shakes/smoothies using the ninja and would keep them in a small ice chest as the day goes. I would get one while I was at work or school. You really don't get hungry but I would get cravings (sounds weird)..

Anyhow, after my 1 month visit he has now released with no restrictions diet! I was like heck yeah! I felt like I had skipped a hole step because I never really did purée food but once, even then I felt as of a few spoon bites were too much for me. But know I'm scared, I think to myself, will I fall into old habits? Will I do right to my self? So on the day he released my first official meal was sushi using brown rice (bad I know) and sashimi. I ate 4 rolls and 2 pieces of sashimi and felt really full. Thanksgiving day I ate 3 fork bites of turkey and couldn't have felt more horrible. (I did eat it slowed and chewed it thoroughly). It was like I was about to pop or something, so I immediately stopped eating and just walked around till I felt a bit better.

So one other thing I opted not to buy, a scale, I thought to myself I'm not doing to lose weight but to be more healthy right? But, at the same time I contradict myself and I say I can't wait to see how much had been lost. (Weird I know)

So, that's the story of my life in a vsg form! I hope this gives you somewhat of a insightful idea and expectation. If you have any questions just let me know you could email me directly at dnlnext@gmail.com.

FYI- I zipped lined for for the first time since I was a teen, I'm 32yrs now and it was fun! Things I could not do just over a month ago. Brings back memories.

Thanks,

Daniel

I'm in Houston, 3 days post-op. My surgeon was Dr Erik Wilson, LOVED him and the entire staff. I had a really relaxed and calming experience. Would recommend using him time and time again.

I'm in Houston, 3 days post-op. My surgeon was Dr Erik Wilson, LOVED him and the entire staff. I had a really relaxed and calming experience. Would recommend using him time and time again.

I had Dr. Todd Wilson since Dr. Alahbi had left to San Antonio ....I agree great staff at the MIST Center.

Dr Todd Wilson did my pre op visit. He was great too. I was having trouble with my Uber app and he took the time to help me out. I was disappointed he wasn't doing my surgery but I met Dr Erik Wilson and loved him just as much. All great ppl there!

Edited by cz.99