Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this yogurt okay to eat? Nutritional info below.

I should be clear that I am 2 weeks out tomorrow. I have not eaten anything that I wasn't sure about. I am getting my Protein from cottage cheese and Protein shakes and powder. The manual I was given said to buy no fat, no sugar yogurt (that's it) it didn't say to buy one high in my Protein. It also said to have no sugar Popsicles to help getting fluids in. I have not had Popsicles or yogurt yet because I haven't been sure about the brand.

I feel like some comments on here were judging me and my ability to do this program. I simply had a question about whether the yogurt was what was recommended in my manual (low fat, sweetened by Splenda).

Obviously I am trying to confirm something before I put it in my body but I am following the manual and life diet perfectly.

I don't feel it was a stupid question to ask others opinions before I ate it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Kudos to you! Ive been reading this thread and can understand how you feel judged. I'm on Day 1 of my pre op diet and even with the list of suggested foods I have questions. You've got this. Keep up the fantastic work.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I eat a Greek yogurt daily! I have it as desert, also I try to look for the least carbs of the selection at the store, but basically any carbs I have are from this and I have been loosing just fine, and I had plenty of sf Popsicles that first month! They were the only sweet treat allowed and it helped with the head hunger thing. The brand I bought was the "Popsicle" brand, my stores have the original and tropical kind.

Aside from the liquid diet I wasnt told anything had to be sugar free....if it was under 10 grams or sugar and under 10 of fat you are fine....most of our Protein will come from potein powders and shake because it's very hard to consume all Protein we need through a regular diet.... so use a Isopure zero or low carb Protein powder and in 1 1/2 shakes I have gotten 75 grams of protein and any other protein I get is just extra

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Color83

I use siggis. One container has 17 grams of Protein, 3 sugars, 100 calories and 0 fat.