Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sitting here totally giggling at myself.. I'm on this pre surgery diet.. I only have a very few things I'm allowed to select off to eat up to 6 serv a day in addition to my 4 Protein Drinks .. Wanna know what I'm "cheating" with... Eating spaghetti squash with Chipotle chili seasoning ???? not cake, not Pasta, not chocolate.. Spaghetti squash.. LoL ????????????

Munky

In my book, there is no such thing as a cheat. It's all a choice. You can make good choices, or you can make bad choices. You can choose to follow your plan or not.

It's all up to you!

And I love spaghetti squash.

I have a big spaghetti squash casserole in the refrigerator. It turned out well. I also use unadorned SS with various other items in omelets, often fresh tomatoes, spinach and one cheese or another. SS is also wonderful plain as a side veg -- its own taste is nutty, bright and lively, like a fine wine without a wine taste.

@@LipstickLady, 100% on the "cheat" stance. Little children sneak around to cheat. Grown-ups choose. No, I'm labeling no one as a child, simply stating a view of a 'concept.'

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Lmfao.. @@LipstickLady I was totally going to tag you n say go ahead n give me hell.. @WLS.. I can be childlike.. In playfulness.. It's all good though.. I love sghetti squash too.. It's just not on the very short list I'm allowed.. But I'm pretty sure if I absolutely needed to have something different.. That was a good choice.. But I am going to call my nut tomorrow and ask some questions..

Munky

My happy food...3 turkey mini meatballs, little marinara sauce and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. I only have it once in a while, I budget my carbs and calories on those days. But it is a nice little meal every once in a while.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Why is that carby?

Munky

Lmfao.. @@LipstickLady I was totally going to tag you n say go ahead n give me hell.. @WLS.. I can be childlike.. In playfulness.. It's all good though.. I love sghetti squash too.. It's just not on the very short list I'm allowed.. But I'm pretty sure if I absolutely needed to have something different.. That was a good choice.. But I am going to call my nut tomorrow and ask some questions.. Munky

I'm not giving you hell, I'm simply pointing out a different way of thinking. And curious. Why did you NEED something off your plan?

Just as there is a huge difference between cheat and choice, there is a big difference between NEED and WANT.

Spaghetti squash is a great choic nutrtionally but not neccessarily soon post op. The stringy texture was a no no on my plan for three to four months. Same with string cheese, celery, asparagus...

I have a big spaghetti squash casserole in the refrigerator. It turned out well. I also use unadorned SS with various other items in omelets, often fresh tomatoes, spinach and one cheese or another. SS is also wonderful plain as a side veg -- its own taste is nutty, bright and lively, like a fine wine without a wine taste.

@@LipstickLady, 100% on the "cheat" stance. Little children sneak around to cheat. Grown-ups choose. No, I'm labeling no one as a child, simply stating a view of a 'concept.'

Can you share the SS casserole recipe please?

Lmfao.. @@LipstickLady I was totally going to tag you n say go ahead n give me hell.. @WLS.. I can be childlike.. In playfulness.. It's all good though.. I love sghetti squash too.. It's just not on the very short list I'm allowed.. But I'm pretty sure if I absolutely needed to have something different.. That was a good choice.. But I am going to call my nut tomorrow and ask some questions.. Munky

I'm not giving you hell, I'm simply pointing out a different way of thinking. And curious. Why did you NEED something off your plan?

Just as there is a huge difference between cheat and choice, there is a big difference between NEED and WANT.

Spaghetti squash is a great choic nutrtionally but not neccessarily soon post op. The stringy texture was a no no on my plan for three to four months. Same with string cheese, celery, asparagus...

LMAO.. I know you're not.. I meant I was going to tag you to tease.. Just playful shit.. My choices for food is.. Veggie Soup which sucks and I'm going to buy stuff to make my own.. Greek yogurt which I love.. But veggies wise is.. Baby carrots, cukes, Tomato, broccoli (which I'm not a big fan of), sf pudding, sf Jello,.. And I'm kinda guessing their keeping it like that for people that get overwhelmed and end up making bad decisions.. But I am going to call in the am n talk to my nut about it all.. This is just week 1 of a 2wk diet they want me to do for 4 wks n don't even have a surgery date yet.. I'm not post op .. I'm pre and no date even yet but everything is complete and they just ha to submit to my insurance.. My next appt is 20th.. *fingers crossed*

Munky

Can you share the SS casserole recipe please?

It's far less "recipe" than improvised hodge-podge. The strands of prepared spaghetti squash mixed with as much basic Tomato (marinara) sauce to suit the cook's taste for sauc-y-ness level; part-skim, shredded mozzarella and part-skim ricotta, then baked until the mozzarella was melted. Alternately I might use grated parmigiana instead of the others. A good mix-in would be cooked/squeezed-out/chopped spinach and/or mushroom slices, or just about any veg that complements the SS's taste.

If you're not an improv cook, google "spaghetti squash recipes" and you'll find thousands. Something completely different from "Italian" style might appeal to you.

@@grasseschic, whenever you're cleared for all the ingredients, this butternut casserole is wonderful according to my tastebuds and those of anyone I've ever made it for. Of course ignore Katzen's number of servings; for WLS folk, it yields more than 4 or 5 servings; you'll see for yourself. I don't get why people sweeten already-sweet things like winter squash and sweet potatoes. The contrast of the savory ingredients here makes it. I have the original cookbook (from the 1970's I think??) Any way I got it in the 80's. The recipe may have given a choice between yogurt and buttermilk, but I can't say how much of the latter. If you make this, read first, as Katzen never listed ingredients in order of use.

http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=arabian_casserole

P.S. It's not a high-Protein dish, so a smaller serving may work best as a side dish.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I microwave my spaghetti squash 10-15 minutes or until done. Scoop, add olive oil, butter, freshly grated parm, garlic, salt and pepper. If I'm feeling fancy, I saute onions and mushrooms and add those, too.