Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used gas x strips after surgery?

Lots of people use them, some say they help. It doesn't make sense to me because the gas is not in your digestive tract, it is loose out in your abdominal cavity. I have had surgery in the past and walking helped the best.

BUT, you may as well try them, it couldn't hurt.

Lots of people use them, some say they help. It doesn't make sense to me because the gas is not in your digestive tract, it is loose out in your abdominal cavity. I have had surgery in the past and walking helped the best.

BUT, you may as well try them, it couldn't hurt.

The point is not where the gas is but the medication being used. The strips contain simethecone which used to relieve the gas. Putting them on your tongue rather than swallowing allows the medicine to be absorbed into your system faster, giving you faster relief.

And yes they work!! Lifesaver for me post op!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They were a life-saver for me the night after surgery and the first few days after that. Best.things.ever! I highly recommend them.

What people misunderstand is that the gas is not in your digestive tract to start with, so anything you put in there to help with gas isn't going to make a big impact. The gas is in your peritoneal cavity, far from the reach of anything you can ingest. It permeates the tissues via a kind of osmosis, and only does it if you're moving. It usually takes me 3-4 days before the big farts start coming and I feel a lot of relief (I've had 3 abdominal surgeries). But anti-gas medications don't really help get rid of anything but what's already in your digestive tract, only movement gets it to leave your abdominal cavity.

The helped me and I walked a lot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

My stomach was rumbling a lot the week after my surgery and they helped a lot. Instantly settled my stomach down. I didn't have gas pains from the gas after surgery though.

i used the gax Strips didnt really need them. I was one weird case. But i took the mint flavor so they werent bad.