Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your Beverage of Choice?

At 7 months post op, I love plain Water with little diet lemonade added to it (apple juice as an add on is too acidic for me), green tea, and coffee.

I am really happy to be able to guzzle Water now :)

Water for warm/hot days with occasional iced tea and herbal teas for cooler/colder days. I can't drink Water when it's cold. I have also started drinking one cup of non fat Fairlife milk steamed with ginger and tumeric powder to ward off colds first thing in the morning. I have three to four cups of coffee every week with Fairlife milk and stevia.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by dusky goddess

I love making fruit infused Water especially watermelon. It's healthy, it's zero calories and carbs but you get that wonderful taste. There are a lot of recipes on the net. I used to buy it but it got expensive so I bought a fruit infuser water bottle. I've always been sketchy about anything with artificial sweeteners so I never went that route. I've read too many scientific studies concerning sucralose and microflora.

Another favorite drink is homemade milk kefir with berries blended in it... But that's not for hydration purposes but for daily Probiotics.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I love making fruit infused Water especially watermelon. It's healthy, it's zero calories and carbs but you get that wonderful taste. There are a lot of recipes on the net. I used to buy it but it got expensive so I bought a fruit infuser Water bottle. I've always been sketchy about anything with artificial sweeteners so I never went that route. I've read too many scientific studies concerning sucralose and microflora.

Another favorite drink is homemade milk kefir with berries blended in it... But that's not for hydration purposes but for daily Probiotics.< /p>

Ooh that sounds yummy! I have a time stamp infuser bottle so I will definitely try watermelon! Are there any other fruits everyone loves in their water?

@@rolosmom7 Lots of great recipes on the net :D Just look for fruit infused Water recipes. There are plenty of simple and fancy recipes. I got my fruit infuser water bottle on Amazon. At the time there were only 1 or 2 but now there are tons of good ones!

@@rolosmom7 Lots of great recipes on the net :D Just look for fruit infused Water recipes. There are plenty of simple and fancy recipes. I got my fruit infuser water bottle on Amazon. At the time there were only 1 or 2 but now there are tons of good ones!

Yes, I've got a great one - I tried cucumber, grapefruit, and mint. It tastes horrid haha. I'm not sure where it went wrong, that combo is everywhere.

@@rolosmom7 ah hehehehe... Yeah, I haven't tried mixtures. I just usually use watermelon, lemons, green apple or strawberries. I should try a mixture though. Someday :D

I also like Vitamin Water Zero, lemonade flavor. I use Mio ( not the ones with caffeine) drops occasionally, Crystal Light, flavored waters, black tea and occasionally Chai latte in the Keurig. I will drink plain Water but it is unappealing. Aside from Hot drinks like tea, all my liquids seem to be most palatable to me at room temp., weird huh?

Room temp water......and I still drink room temp Water. If I want a treat I will have a mug of Bariatricpal hot chocolate.< /p>

I love making fruit infused Water especially watermelon. It's healthy, it's zero calories and carbs but you get that wonderful taste. There are a lot of recipes on the net. I used to buy it but it got expensive so I bought a fruit infuser Water bottle. I've always been sketchy about anything with artificial sweeteners so I never went that route. I've read too many scientific studies concerning sucralose and microflora.

Another favorite drink is homemade milk kefir with berries blended in it... But that's not for hydration purposes but for daily Probiotics.

Just like @@Sai, I am not a fan of the artificial sweetened products. I went cold turkey on all artificial sweeteners back in March and let me tell you, it was NOT fun-four days of headaches and feeling awful.

Today, my bottle of water has fresh lemon slices and frozen Triple berry Blend-Blackberries, Raspberries and Blueberries. I don't bother with the infuser bottle, I just dump everything in and drink (and eat) it all. I make up two 32 oz bottles at night and leave them to infuse for the next day.

This will change though-my revision surgery is on Tuesday.

I've already loaded up my freezer with peaches and tart cherries since both have been approved by my dietitian for adding to my water.

coffee. I drink coffee and water.....but mainly coffee. That's something I need to work on.

You all are so well behaved. My truth... I never gave up the Mt. Dew. Reg, not diet. It sometimes takes me days to finish one 20oz. I also drink coffee pretty much all day. If i go out, i normally drink wine or a margarita on the rocks.

Funny thing.... my card reader (ms Audrey) said... you need to drink more Water.... lol She is right.

@@Alex Brecher What do you drink?

I am 3 years out and typically don't have any problems getting in my fluids with plain Water. However, during my losing phase (and currently) I drank flavored water (Mio or store brands) and diet Snapple.