Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your Beverage of Choice?

After weight loss surgery, you are best off if you drink, and drink, and drink. Getting enough Fluid can help you recover faster from surgery. After surgery and as you get further out, drinking enough Water can help you feel fuller and lose more weight.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to get in your 64 or more ounces every day. The rule to separate liquids from meal times, and the fact that you can feel overly full especially right after surgery, can make it hard to get enough to drink.

It is also common that your tastes change. You may not like the taste of plain water, or you may find flavored water too sweet.

With all these challenges, how do you make sure to get in enough fluid each day? What is your beverage of choice – do you go for plain water, or use flavored water, or get in some broth along the way?

Right after surgery it was Water flavored with mio drops and it had to be cool or room temperature.

I pretty much drink flavored Water. I use the SF Crush packets, ORANGE AND GRAPE CRUSH. I also love Diet Peach Snapple Tea. I am also a coffee drinker, I have at least 1 cup per day made with my Keurig coffee with added GENEPRO NONFLAVORED Protein. I love my coffee so it is a win win for me. I know some DR's say no coffee but mine never told me not to drink it. I have had no problems with it. I'm 3 yrs out and have been at my goal weight of 125#'s for 2 and 1/2 years.

I have always loved Water and I am lucky that I still do (10 days post sleeve). Most of my liquids are still in the form of Water, but I have also been drinking nonfat milk (fairlife has 13g of Protein in 8 oz which is a fantastic way to get Protein in right now).

Crystal Light and Water. I've been mixing the GENEPRO flavorless Protein with the Crystal Light and that works well. Was sick to death of shakes. I'm still struggling to get 64oz after three weeks post-surgery, because the meals take away so much of my daily drinking time. It takes a long time to get a 16 oz cup down. So until the stomach increases in capacity a little bit more so I can take bigger drinks, I expect it'll be a challenge.

Water mostly but lately I have been using Crystal Light -- orange, grape, etc. However, I just discovered that they have caffeine in them. Not sure why I'm disappointed in that! But I am. But water is my fave.

Vitamin Water Zero is my Go-To! "Fresh Squeezed Lemonade" and Rise Orange" flavors I love.

Each botle has 20 oz and I easily drink 3 a day...sipping.

Water, ice cold; diet raspberry Snapple; strawberry crystal light or diet lemonade.

Bresh mint infused Water -so good

After surgery my beverage of choice was Crystal Light. Now several years later it is Bai. I buy it by the case at Sams Club when it is on sale.

Plain old Water. On the cooler side. I bought every sugar free beverage under the sun and realized I didn't like this beverages before, why would I like these after? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App