Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve scheduled for 10/19- would you do it again?

My BMI was 35.4 at the time of surgery. I'm 10 weeks post op and don't regret it at all. The first few days were harder than I expected so keep realistic expectations since everyone is different. I thought mine would be a cake walk which set me up for quite a struggle those first few days.

Edited by kelliev2015

My BMI was 35.4 at the time of surgery. I'm 10 weeks post op and don't regret it at all. The first few days were harder than I expected so keep realistic expectations since everyone is different. I thought mine would be a cake walk which set me up for quite a struggle those first few days.

Thx Kelliev. I had a breast reduction and Tummy Tuck a few years ago (totally backwards order right?!). I am hoping that prepared me and I have some idea what to expect but def getting nervous.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I would do it a million times over. Best choice I've ever made!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm only 4 weeks out and I would do it again in a heart beat. Even though I complained about some stuff, struggling a bit, I already see positive changes in my body and my mind.

Absolutely. I had my surgery in August of this year. I waited for 2 years because of my fear of surgery. My biggest regret: not doing this years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No doubt I'd do it again. I still struggle with food but this tool is really helping. I feel much better and have way more energy. Good luck!!

HW 284, CW 179

post-259575-1476674208706_thumb.jpg

post-259575-14766742461716_thumb.jpg

Wow!

No doubt I'd do it again. I still struggle with food but this tool is really helping. I feel much better and have way more energy. Good luck!!

HW 284, CW 179

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476674207.560003.jpg

Such an inspiration - thank you!!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476674244.639575.jpg

Such an inspiration thank you!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by jaylee9146

I had second thoughts after the surgery, but now 2 months out I would do it again

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm exactly 10 months out today and I've not had one single moment of regret! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!! Best thing I've EVER done in my life. My BMI was 39 and now it's 24.... My high blood pressure is gone. All the aches and pains of my joints are gone! You won't regret it!

In a heartbeat. I was sleeved on 9/19/16 and, aside from marrying my husband, this is the best decision I've ever made in my life. The difference I feel physically (and mentally) with my current weight loss since surgery has been amazing.

I was fortunate that my surgery went well, and I had no pain no complications, and was up walking around as soon as they moved me up to my room from recovery. I am on week 2 out of 3 for pureed foods, i'm following my doc's orders, and exercising and trying to make sure I get AT LEAST 64 oz of Water per day. Days I slack off on my fluids, I notice it on the scale, seems like I'll either lose nothing, or just a few ounces so I really do believe that for me, drinking my liquids is the key.

I don't cheat on my food intake and just stick with the plan I was given.

Had my first post-op follow up visit on 10/10 and was told I should moving forward start seeing an AVERAGE of 1 - 2 lbs weight loss per week, that I may see myself losing 6 lbs one week, and very little the next but if I average out to that around 2 lbs a week all is well, and if I don't see that happening, I need to give the office a call and make an appointment earlier than my next one scheduled in January.

when I was down 20 lbs from the day I left the hospital after my surgery, my husband gave me a comparison as to how much weight that equates to in "real life" - in other words, i'd been carrying around the weight equivalent of a car tire with me every day. That really helped me put it into perspective :)

I find my biggest difficulty right now is getting in enough calories: the Protein isn't an issue it's reaching the "500 - 800" calories a day i'm supposed to be taking in.

Good luck to you in whatever decision you make!