Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@LipstickLady, you I believe on this -- dumping, that is. It's just that, when attending info seminars and other surgery groups and the online options, I'd heard about it only as a result of bypass surgery. Now I see that I don't know what actually happens when one "dumps," so I'll cease and desist. I also suspect that I'm happier not knowing.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

@@LipstickLady, you I believe on this -- dumping, that is. It's just that, when attending info seminars and other surgery groups and the online options, I'd heard about it only as a result of bypass surgery. Now I see that I don't know what actually happens when one "dumps," so I'll cease and desist. I also suspect that I'm happier not knowing.

When I eat ice cream or rich cream based Soup, I get sweaty, chills, and I immediately have to poop AND vomit at the same time. It sucks.

When I eat ice cream or rich cream based Soup, I get sweaty, chills, and I immediately have to poop AND vomit at the same time. It sucks.

Thanks a fuckin' lot. Now sit in a corner.

"Don't judge me" is your defense mechanism. It's probably how you try to control people around you who then enable your behavior. Because we don't have to live with you, we can call you on it when you're screwing up...and you are. Everyone here knows you are. In fact, we don't have to be at goal to know a WLS surgery patient claiming to be digging into a fried chicken wing doesn't have their mind right about the process. You KNOW fried chicken isn't good for you. None of what we're saying here is brain surgery. You just WANTED it...and that's your brain controlling your actions, because it isn't your stomach. Your stomach told you exactly what it thought of that decision.

You need to get control of your mind...and you aren't going to be helped by justifying your decision, not owning it as a mistake, and complaining that people are "judging you" when what we're doing is pointing out an error in your thinking. No support group or therapist in the world is going to let you get away with saying, "It's my journey, I'll do what I want!"

"Don't judge me" is your defense mechanism. It's probably how you try to control people around you who then enable your behavior. Because we don't have to live with you, we can call you on it when you're screwing up...and you are. Everyone here knows you are. In fact, we don't have to be at goal to know a WLS surgery patient claiming to be digging into a fried chicken wing doesn't have their mind right about the process. You KNOW fried chicken isn't good for you. None of what we're saying here is brain surgery. You just WANTED it...and that's your brain controlling your actions, because it isn't your stomach. Your stomach told you exactly what it thought of that decision.

You need to get control of your mind...and you aren't going to be helped by justifying your decision, not owning it as a mistake, and complaining that people are "judging you" when what we're doing is pointing out an error in your thinking. No support group or therapist in the world is going to let you get away with saying, "It's my journey, I'll do what I want!"

again I don't mind if I get called on a bad choice call me on it and give me a better option that's the support..... but ridicule and sarcasm comes off as negativity before trying fried chicken I did boiled baked grilled and vomited I haven't had a fried thing in the months b4 or haven't had it since.... I had some suggestions I will try I'm honest about my journey and where I may fall short... I'm also very proud of my journey thus far but as u and anybody else know just knowing what to eat isn't easy

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Agreeing. I am nearly five months out and I can't (nor would I) eat fried chicken, that portion of chicken or that whole plate.

Word of advice. Don't eat plates. Bad for the teeth.
Lol. But seriously, that size of chicken would be dinner for days (maybe even a week!) even not fried!

Agreeing. I am nearly five months out and I can't (nor would I) eat fried chicken, that portion of chicken or that whole plate.

Lol. But seriously, that size of chicken would be dinner for days (maybe even a week!) even not fried!

No, to be honest, me and chicken have agreed to disagree for now unless in tiny amounts in Soup.< /p>

No, to be honest, me and chicken have agreed to disagree for now unless in tiny amounts in Soup.

I love chicken. When we'd go out to eat my family would always ask "so which chicken dish?" Haha. I've yet to try it post op - I'm on full foods so I can. But I'm scared it won't sit well! I'm going to find a good crock pot recipe I think.

My husband struggles with meat, chicken especially. But he can eat it in the crock pot. I also make a taco Soup with chicken. He can eat it that way too. Unfortunately for me, except for breads, I have no problems with anything yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I've done well with beef (crock pot pot roast) and pork bbq (so chopped up - in NC we use vinegar sauce, not the thick sweet stuff you normally think of as bbq sauce) as well as baked flaky fish. tuna actually made me sick. Interesting how everyone is so different.

So yea I vomited not because it's fried but because chicken doesn't sit well yet I try it every way baked boiled leg thigh breast it's just not my friend yet 8 weeks post op and its still frustrating

Don't set up a pattern where you are vomiting after eating chicken. This will create an association in your brain such that the taste and even smell, can make you nauseous. Skinless chicken breast is one of the healthiest Protein sources going, so you don't want to have to quit it "cold turkey".

Let them eat plates!!! Then refer them to me to fix their teeth!!!! Cha Ching!!!!!

On adkins I used Carbquik for breading. I just use a lot of seasonings in it. Works for me.
Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I was wondering about this product- was it good?