Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No longer answering these questions:

Im a newbie to here... read threw a lot, learned. I did a lot of research prior to seeing my surgeon. It's so easy to look for information to answer simply. And some of these I've read...need to contact their surgeon, dietician..etc. That is what they are for. Google, Bing or whatever search and info is abundant. I love the personal stories, support & encouragement that is provided here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

This is the rants area people can complain all they want.

I'm riding out the next 3 months until I can post in the Vets forum the best way I can. I have a question I want to ask but I only want input from Vets so I'm waiting. It is a long hard wait...

PM me. I'm happy to answer anything I can. I don't think there is anyone on this board who has been posting longer than me. I was here the day it started.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I don't mind answering most questions. I think the only question that bothers me is the "I lost 1 million lbs in 3 weeks, and my weight hasn't changed for 3 days, what am I doing wrong?" Mainly because I think it has the potential to make a slow or average loser feel bad. In addition, the expectations of the surgery is a bit outrageous.

Wow! So sorry that we inconvenienced you all. Maybe I missed it but when I started on this site a month ago, I did not see a "how to" as far as asking questions. Maybe its time for some of the veterans to bow out... you have forgotten what it is like to be a newbie and to feel overwhelmed about this whole process not to mention the ton of information coming from all different sources. Some of you have forgotten what it is all about...if your bored with the questions...move along and don't waste your time. I thought it was great to be getting input from the "VIPs" and "Bariatric Legends" but I don't want a veteran who has forgotten where they came from.

Yes. You are absolutely correct. I'd suggest listening to the girl who is eating Swedish Fish at 17 days post op. They are "soft", right?

Maybe she thought that type of fish qualified as a soft Protein?

LipstickLady for President 2016!

She has my vote. :)

Just don't mention bananas ...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

What about bananas, seriously?

There was a super serious discussion about the nutritional merits (or lack thereof) regarding bananas.

As you can imagine, for every thousand members, a thousand different opinions on bananas.

sigh

There was a super serious discussion about the nutritional merits (or lack thereof) regarding bananas.

As you can imagine, for every thousand members, a thousand different opinions on bananas.

sigh

That is because we are such an interesting "bunch". :)

I read some article that said banana have all sorts of nutrients and Fiber so I started putting half of a frozen banana in my chocolate Protein shake..

I have a hard time with it because I've always thought they had too many carbs and nothing else to show for it.

Too bad there arent studies on the people that researched extensively preop vs those that walked through it blindly and their weightloss stats 5 years out.

I would be very interested in this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Few studies yet but plenty of raw data showing that patients who get pre op education are half as likely to regain more than half their weight loss at five years. I can't believe that Medicare pays for WLS but not for comprehensive pre op preparation.

Oh, and while I'm here I was wondering when you people started to drink beer again. I'm 3 weeks out and could really go for a cold one...

Sounds like it is time for Bananana ...... Or a bunch ....

I read some article that said banana have all sorts of nutrients and Fiber so I started putting half of a frozen banana in my chocolate Protein shake..

I have a hard time with it because I've always thought they had too many carbs and nothing else to show for it.

I am on team banana.

This is why.

Quote From the USDA:

Bananas are rich in healthy B-vitamins that help your body maintain a healthy metabolism and reduce health risks associated with type 2 diabetes, are important for your nervous system, and help your body produce white blood cells.

The potassium in bananas help your body maintain healthy Fluid balance, which protects against swelling.

Bananas also help keep you healthy by potentially reducing your risk of kidney cancer, and macular degeneration (due to the high content of the carotenoid “lutein”).

If you suffer from PMS or want to improve your mood whether you have PMS or not, eat a banana.

The sugar and potassium in bananas is also good for you when you are learning or concentrating[iv]. So eat a banana if you want to be focused!

Want to power through a vigorous workout? Consider eating bananas first as their mixture of slow-moving sugar plus electrolytes can help keep your energy level steady.

The potassium and magnesium in bananas may help protect you from muscle cramps at night and during workouts.

Bananas are rich in pectin, a soluble dietary Fiber and natural detoxifying agent, great for digestion.

Banana fiber contains prebiotics that encourages the growth of healthy bacteria in the bowel. These bacteria produce digestive enzymes that help your body absorb nutrients, and actual support healthy weight management.

All that fiber in bananas is good for helping ease constipation…

Bananas are also a healthy way to sooth your GI tract if you have the runs.

Bananas may naturally soothe acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.

If you have stomach ulcers, raw bananas may “coat” your stomach and relieve the distress caused by stomach acids.

Bananas are rich in antioxidants, especially when overripe which protect you against free radicals and chronic disease.

I'm new on this forum, but I've been on Internet forums of all sorts pretty much since there was an internet. I've been the old expert on several, the noob on others, and on one I was the grim moderator who didn't put up with crap from anyone.

Forums are different. People are the same. There are the lurkers who read and never post, and there are the attention whores who have to be in every thread. There are people who are so cranky they think no question should ever be asked again, and people should use the search function every time, and there are those who crave actual interaction with other people.

I don't let it bother me. No one is forced to read or write anything. And at the same time, I am pretty sure I gored a few oxes with what I just wrote above.

I'm new on this forum, but I've been on Internet forums of all sorts pretty much since there was an internet. I've been the old expert on several, the noob on others, and on one I was the grim moderator who didn't put up with crap from anyone.

Forums are different. People are the same. There are the lurkers who read and never post, and there are the attention whores who have to be in every thread. There are people who are so cranky they think no question should ever be asked again, and people should use the search function every time, and there are those who crave actual interaction with other people.

I don't let it bother me. No one is forced to read or write anything. And at the same time, I am pretty sure I gored a few oxes with what I just wrote above.

Hurrah! A post that makes absolute sense with intelligent reasoning as it's basis!

My happy Friday just got happier!