Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your hair ever come back to normal?

Thanks @barecelona37 (Tamara) you are right. Today I get another call, now they are saying that it's $656 not $309. I guess it's good to have this done, so I may as well keep moving forward. Originally before they diagnosed positive with H Pylori, I was hoping this was the week to have VSG done this week. Now looking towards January :(

Are you a lover of Barcelona or live there? I sooooo love Barca, haven't been there in a while I guess I should have said I used to love Barcelona (been 20 years since my last visit---damn time flies).

Reason #1 for vsg---travel again--I hate traveling at this weight. Everyone in Spain seemed tiny even when I was 138 and visiting there.

My hair is starting to come back, but my hair stylist said it won't even be as think as it was pre op. I used to want thinner hair now I really miss the thickness. But it saves me time in the mornings!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@lifeofblair If that is a pic of you now, your hair looks gorgeous, as do you. When you are older (as I am) you worry about hair thinness, my hair was always so darn thick. I used Wen for years and swear it made me lose tons of hair, not realizing it til a year ago. Since it's healthier and growing back, but feels like it's 1/3 the hair I used to have. So that is why the worry. Everyone says I can wear wigs, I work outdoors for part of the day and live in Louisiana where we get 100+ heat index....don't think wigs would work.

@@GOM123

My hair is coming back thicker than ever because I am overall healthier. Don't let hair hold you back from surgery.

@@lifeofblair If that is a pic of you now, your hair looks gorgeous, as do you. When you are older (as I am) you worry about hair thinness, my hair was always so darn thick. I used Wen for years and swear it made me lose tons of hair, not realizing it til a year ago. Since it's healthier and growing back, but feels like it's 1/3 the hair I used to have. So that is why the worry. Everyone says I can wear wigs, I work outdoors for part of the day and live in Louisiana where we get 100+ heat index....don't think wigs would work.

Yes, that pic is from July. Thanks! I have all these baby hairs coming in I'm ready for them to be grown out haha. I'm in Tennessee and I would be the same! The summers are too hot to think about wigs

Guess I van think of cool, funky scarves or hair clip ons. Yeap, know your weather, my son is in Chattanooga- this year was brutal for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

I am 10 months out from surgery, lost almost 90 pounds from my all time high and about 40 of that since surgery. I have yet to notice any issues with my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people loose a little and some loose a lot of hair. Some seem to rebound after they are in maintenance and some don't. I am almost 11 months post op and have been in maintenance since July and have seen no improvement yet[emoji26]. I haven't lost hope but it is disappointing. So I focus on the fact my BMI is now normal, I am off a ton of meds and my health issues are resolved. I have the energy that I had when I was a teenager. Remember we are doing this surgery to literally save our lives... So what if we have thin hair?

I am just over a year out. My hair started to fall out just when they said it would. It has recovered somewhat. I am just waiting for the regrowth to catch up. To cope with the thinning, I went shorter and layered.