Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fall Favorites: Share Your Recipes Here!

As the seasons change, so can your tastes, along with what you see at the supermarket. Now that it is fall, what recipes and foods do you depend on?

Strangely enough, one of my fall favorites is a fruit: apples. They’re not all that glamorous, but they are always welcome. Yes, I miss the abundance of summer fruit in the stores, but crisp apples in the fall taste good on their own, with Peanut Butter, in Cereal and oatmeal…and you can’t beat stewed apples with cinnamon for a healthy dessert.

Then there is winter squash and pumpkin – starchy, yes, but so satisfying for the number of calories. They are also packed with Fiber and potassium and Vitamin A, so it’s hard to feel bad about eating them. It’s easy enough to roast winter squash, or to beat pumpkin puree with egg and non-fat cream cheese and cinnamon for mini cheesecakes, or to make a casserole with winter squash, parmesan, egg, and spinach.

So, what do you love to make in the early fall? How do you keep it weight loss surgery-friendly?

One of my favorite sides dishes is roasted spaghetti squash with sautéed spinach, garlic, and a sprinkling of feta cheese. You can sub Parmesan if you're not fond of feta.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Alex Brecher Whoa! Hold on a minute. You can't just spit out ingredients to us for an amazing recipe and not tell us exactly how much of each and whether to bake or not--lol! Please share exactly what to do with this because it sounds amazing!:

"beat pumpkin puree with egg and non-fat cream cheese and cinnamon for mini cheesecakes"

That goes for all of you--I'm not a great cook. I can follow a recipe but I can't just guess what to do with random food. So please be explicit in how to fix!

Measurements??

banana soft serve

2 bananas

1 scoop unflavored Protein powder(yarrow)

2 tablespoons greek yogurt (siggis)

1 Splenda

Puree in blender (vitamix)

Pour into 3 small plastic containers and put in freezer.

Edited by cbonet

Baked pumkin

One small to medium sized pumpkin

Cut off top (save top)

Take out seeds and hunk

I'm cavity put 1/4 cup of fresh garlic in big pieces, about 1 cup of what ever shredded cheese you like,salt, pumpkin spice

Put top on

Place pumpkin on cookie sheet and bake at 275 for 2 hours

Open too and mix it together.

Right now I'm all about spaghetti squash! My favorite is to make a delicious beef broth with bouillon and spices and toss in some Tomato sauce, spaghetti squash, and turkey meatballs or shredded chicken, as well as a bit of real butter. It makes a super delicious, healthy, fast, and easy Soup that I'm crazy about.

Went Apple picking and made applesauce. I cooked it down since I'm on the pureed stage but you can just adjust the cooking time and size of pieces for the stage your on.

4 large apples peeled and cut into about 1/2 inch pieces

Place in large saucepan or pot(I use ceramic so nothing sticks)

Begin to cook on low to medium heat stir

Add A little salt, pumpkin spice to taste and 3 tsps stevia(optional)stir

When the apples sweat, stir, lower the heat and cover. For very mushy I cooked it down for about 40 minutes (pureed stage)

It could cook for as short as 15 minutes depending on stage.

It made about a quart. Next week I go to soft foods and I'll make a new batch with bigger pieces and less cooking time.????.

In 3 quart pan cook celery slices and 1 mediumish onion chopped until transluscent. Maybe about 2 quarts Water. Then add 2 cups cubed potatoes and Cook till they're soft. Drain and returned to pan. Now cause I'm somewhat lazy I cover this with milk (1%) and throw in a couple small pawfulls of grated cheese and stir and let melt. Recently I've used Mexican blend from Walmart but most any up to (and including a chunck (that's sc00sh bigger than chunk) of Velveeta would do. And there she be! I use 1% milk cause that's what I got. Now does anyone have winter melon squash recipes? Someone gave me 1 size of a preterm baby, now what do.I do?

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

In 3 quart pan cook celery slices and 1 mediumish onion chopped until transluscent. Maybe about 2 quarts Water. Then add 2 cups cubed potatoes and Cook till they're soft. Drain and returned to pan. Now cause I'm somewhat lazy I cover this with milk (1%) and throw in a couple small pawfulls of grated cheese and stir and let melt. Recently I've used Mexican blend from Walmart but most any up to (and including a chunck (that's sc00sh bigger than chunk) of Velveeta would do. And there she be! I use 1% milk cause that's what I got. Now does anyone have winter melon squash recipes? Someone gave me 1 size of a preterm baby, now what do.I do?

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

Maybe turnips could be substituted for potatoes or a squash,