Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 18 months post op and for the past week I've been having problems with my left leg. It's been numb and feels weaker than the other leg. In the course of this past week I've fell twice scarring my left knee because my leg would trip up and cause me to completely fall. I'm really scared and don't know what to do. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem after weight loss surgery? I've been crying because it's embarrassing to fall in front of others and I find myself keep tripping up. Not all the times it results in a fall but it can be quite annoying. Please any advice will be helpful.

Please see or speak with your doctor as early as possible. This symptom does not appear to be related to your WLS. There are too many possible causes from simple to serious, to mention.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I agree. This is likely not related to weight loss at all but possibly musculoskelatal or neurological. Speak with your primary physician immediately.

Exactly----what they ^^^^ said.

Please post and let us know what you find out. We care!

Feel better, my friend.

Or drugs like Welburtin, get it checked out.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I did end up going to the emergency room and they told me that I had a dislocated disc in my back and the disc has shifted to my left side causing some nerve damage to my left leg. I can't bend or move my left left foot. It just feels like my foot is asleep. So they got me on crutches to provide more support. I thought that it was surgery related because I know I have been slacking on my Vitamins lately. So I thought it was due to malnutrition. But my blood work came back normal for all that, which that's good. So now I have to follow up with a neurologist for further treatment.

This may have nothing to do with surgery. It may have alot to do with your back so you need to get checked out. If you have a disc pressing against your spinal cord, this can happen.

I know this because it happened to me many years ago.

I had this happen years ago because of ruptured disks in my back. Keep after the doctors to act quickly because it may lessen any permanent damage. I had to have surgery for mine. Please don't be embarrassed. You're injured and need assistance and maybe a cool walking stick for awhile! Hang in there.