Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved by Dr. Garcia in Mexico in October

Help Im getting single incision gastric sleeve all alone and Im terrified for some reason. I have gained and lost weight all my life I have been dieting like crazy and saving up for this surgery. My family has all had extreme weight problems and issues. Now that it is finally time I am scared I paid the fees and filled out almost everything. I have to book my flight still. I have been so nervous i have actually been losing weight I usually gain weight when im nervous. Im at my lowest ever a 31 bmi I am terrified i will die and leave my 3 kids behind.

I have researched my Doctor as much as I could.

My date is Oct. 17th by Dr. Garcia in Mexico. Has anyone had a single incision done by him. Please tell me positive things!

Edited by ThinkPink

I didn't have my surgery with Dr. Garcia, but I have undergone surgery twice, both times in Mexico. It's normal to be nervous and afraid, but you have to remember that VSG is one of the safest surgeries you can have. The mortality rate is lower than having a knee replacement. Would you hesitate to get a knee replacement if you needed one?

I'm with Dr Garcia November 22!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Dr. Garcia did my surgery in December, 2015. Best decision of my life, great experience.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Help! I'm having gastric bypass surgery in Mexico in December. How did you all decide which to have done? After years of testing my insurance company refused to pay for my surgery. My bmi is 50.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

You mean which surgery to have done or which surgeon to use?

I used Dr Garcia in May 2016. Best surgeon and facilities. You made the correct choice. I am 1/2 way to goal today. Try not to be so nervous you are in great hands with Dr Garcia and his staff.

I will be there while you are. My surgery is the 18th. Nervous as well but so ready. I started my journey 10 months ago

I am having gastric serve surgery on 10/21/16 and I'm very scared. I thought my BFF was accompanying me but she is unable to at the last minute so I will have to go alone. I'm terrified. Dr Fernando Garcia is my doctor. I'm just lost right now. I leave on 10/20/16 from louisiana and I'm so overwhelmed! Was so excited but so scared to go alone

I am having gastric serve surgery on 10/21/16 and I'm very scared. I thought my BFF was accompanying me but she is unable to at the last minute so I will have to go alone. I'm terrified. Dr Fernando Garcia is my doctor. I'm just lost right now. I leave on 10/20/16 from louisiana and I'm so overwhelmed! Was so excited but so scared to go alone

Don't be worried about going alone. I have traveled to Mexico twice for surgery and went alone both times. It's actually nice to go alone, because then you don't have to worry about anyone but yourself. You don't have to worry about keeping your companion entertained. And you don't have to worry about whining and moaning and driving someone else crazy when you are uncomfortable.

I am at the Marriott right now. I traveled alone and was sleeved on 10/18 wuth Dr Garcia. All has went well. Just arrived at hotel for the last part of my trip a couple hours ago. You will do fine. There were four of us that had surgery on the 18th, two sleeves and two bypasses. We are all doing well.

I am at the Marriott right now. I traveled alone and was sleeved on 10/18 wuth Dr Garcia. All has went well. Just arrived at hotel for the last part of my trip a couple hours ago. You will do fine. There were four of us that had surgery on the 18th, two sleeves and two bypasses. We are all doing well.

I'm seeing him on 11/22 and bringing my husband. Is there anything in particular I should pack that come to mind?

I'm seeing him on 11/22 and bringing my husband. Is there anything in particular I should pack that come to mind?

I made a packing list combining several lists I saw online. Here's what I have so far (some things you won't need):

WLS Packing List

Pillow

Ear plugs & eye mask

Lip Balm

Lotion

Biotene mouth spray

Gas-X strips

liquid Body Soap

Shampoo & Conditioner

Feminine Products

Bath robe (for walking the halls)

Slip on slippers or flip flops

Tank tops for under your binder/T-shirts for over

Loose fitting soft elastic waist pants

Passport

Plenty of $1, $5, and $10 US bills

Add a plan to your cellphone for making calls inside Mexico.

Plastic garbage bag for dirty clothes.

Abdominal binder

Nexus/Kindle/Tablet

Charger and battery pack

CPAP

Mouth guard

Notebook and pen to write

Drink powders

Protein powders

Wash cloths

Sorry a lil late. I brought everything lol but only would have needed:

Robe and slippers

Comfy pants

Extension cord for charging phone or tablet

I bought nectar powder to go packs and some herbal tea packs

Thats pretty much it. I was told heating pad, ab binder, gas x strips, mouth spray and a ton of other stuff but didnt use it.