Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks post-op and for the past few days I have been absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm getting my normal 8 hours of sleep at night. I'm taking my Vitamins and supplements. I'm eating roughly 600 calories per day and trying to get my Protein in everyday. I'm drinking more than the required amount of Water and I'm getting my walking in. I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing but for the past few days the exhaustion has been extreme.

I have dropped weight very quickly, 44lbs in 6 weeks, maybe too fast? I want to get back in the gym but I barely have the energy to do laundry and cook dinner after work.

Is this something normal? Anyone have any ideas to help me get my energy levels back up?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have never had BP issues and don't take meds. My glucose levels are low but I'm always on the lower side of normal.

I don't have any input into the exhaustion , as I have not experienced that yet. I am so impressed with your progress though . I am 6 weeks out and have only lost 27 since surgery. 50 all together. Can I ask how much you are walking? I want to improve on my weight loss . I'm about the same calorie wise , around 600

Way to go! It can be difficult to do everything you are doing. Getting in all the fluids, Vitamins, walking, etc.

I think it is probably normal. I was worn out really easily in the beginning. Keep doing what you are doing and I think you will feel better soon.

Though I am only 6 months out and not a veteran or doctor. Does your doctor do a 2 month post surgery appointment? If yes and you aren't feeling better by then, bring it up.

Best of luck!

I don't have any input into the exhaustion , as I have not experienced that yet. I am so impressed with your progress though . I am 6 weeks out and have only lost 27 since surgery. 50 all together. Can I ask how much you are walking? I want to improve on my weight loss . I'm about the same calorie wise , around 600

I walk 3 miles per day during the week and about 5 miles per day on the weekends. I make myself walk up and down 2 flights of stairs at work a few times a day as well.

My surgery was 8/23/16 and up until the past few days I have felt great. I hope it passes quickly and I can get into the gym soon.

Edited by Jessh4579

I walk 3 miles per day during the week and about 5 miles per day on the weekends. I make myself walk up and down 2 flights of stairs at work a few times a day as well.

My surgery was 8/23/16 and up until the past few days I have felt great. I hope it passes quickly and I can get into the gym soon.

You may need to up your Protein and calories a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

The are you on B12? That may need to be adjusted. I would call your surgeons office.

For me it was right around week 7 that I started to have more energy. Up until that time i was exhausted every day. It could just be the surgery is catching up with you a bit but i would check on your b12.

I experienced very low energy in the first 3 months. I wanted to do things but I simply had no energy. Both my surgeon and primary told me to be patient. I can't remember the exact day but I got my energy back. Just returned from a two week trip to Europe and had energy to walk everywhere. Give it time.

We share the same surgery date! Thanks for the motivation to up my exercise! I read several places that exhaustion is a common complaint in the beginning. I hope you feel better soon! You are doing so great!

We share the same surgery date! Thanks for the motivation to up my exercise! I read several places that exhaustion is a common complaint in the beginning. I hope you feel better soon! You are doing so great!

That's so awesome, we can be weight loss buddies! Walking is the easy part for me normally. I use my phone to track my walking times and steps and every day I try to beat my record times and take a few steps more than the day before. I'm eager to get in the gym and try the elliptical and the stationary bike out! My surgeon recommended holding off on weightlifting until 8 weeks post-op so I'm just focusing on cardio now.

I'm at 8wks and I still get exhausted so easily. I still have a lot of weight to go, but I'm up to 2miles of power walking each am. Then I'm exhausted. I can only do the basics through out my day. My dr says 3months is where most people feel like themselves again and to just do what my body says to do. Last thing I want is to back slide. I follow the program, fluids, Vitamins, Proteins and 800 cal at most. I'm just tired all the time.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Hello. It is normal to feel tired but don't push your body to do more. When you feel exhausted , rest. Your body needs rest. Don't fight it. I felt weak also since I lost so much weight so fast. Have they checked your blood pressure???

They may have to do some blood work to make sure all your levels are good. You will be ok .

Maybe you need to have some blood work to check your Vitamin and Iron levels. There might be an adjustment needed or an absorption issue.